Score: 5.00 Votes: 4
rate this

Old School Muscle, Or The New Kids On The Block?

Starter: Honda_X Posted: 15 years ago Views: 1.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 28

What do you think of the new breed?!

• I prefer the old school loooks.

78.12% (25)

• Totally awesome, ZOMG!

21.88% (7)

Votes: 32
So, with all the flashy new muscle roaming the streets, does it make you (not me, I was born just shy of the 90's) feel nostalgic for the older muscle cars, or are you embracing the new wave of power?! I'm personally a fan of the new Challenger and Camaro, but everything else (especially the GTO generation before the G8) I'm not terribly fond of.

Camaro:

Challenger:

Charger:

Mustang:

GTO(I know the new one was replace by the G8, but meh lol):
Lvl 24
I hate the GTO, and the G8 also isn't looking all that dandy from what I've seen.

But the other cars, mostly, have kept to their original design.

They still look like they're powerful enough to not have to worry about drag coefficients, and still just spend their time tearing through whatever (air, maybe some rain) is in their way.

And that's what muscle should be, so I like it.

For the poll: I voted old school. Because even though some of both the new and old look bad, if it was bad in the beginning they could have changed the design for the new. But they kept the design for the new models. They started bad, and stayed bad. So that's like double the fail.
Lvl 21
I prefer the old designs.
Lvl 21
The new designs are hit and miss. The new GTO is no where near as cool as the old style. The new Camaro looks pretty badass but my first car was a 1969 Firebird (same year as the yellow Camaro in the pic above)so I'm partial to that body style. I do like the looks of the new Mustangs. They did a nice job of capturing the style elements of the classics.

All that said I voted Old Style FTW.

btw why didn't you upload your pics with WBW's sister site - carupload.kom

Lvl 8
I love the rumble of a well tuned older muscle car
Lvl 21
I prefer the GTO but not the old one like in your pic. I like the 70 model
Lvl 28
i like older cars, but that new challenger, camaro and mustang all look good...the new engines make great power...
Lvl 59
Needs more R8.

And I like new cars, because they have like, air-conditioning, comfy heated seats & don't require you to crank the stupid engine to start her up.
Lvl 22
old school...there are a limited few new school that are awesome

but cubic inches are where it's at!! (just ask your girl friends)

the first pic is my '70 superbee 440 sixpack circa '75,the next is one I work on now,

'40 ford original except that it has a blown Merc Flathead (this car is sweet,trust me)

'nuf said!
Lvl 24
OLD SCHOOL, FTW BABY!!!!

i love the older styles, im a complete sucker for guys with really nice older muscle cars
Lvl 22
here's my number, (***-***-****) call me sometime!!

I've got some old iron I would share!
* This post has been modified : 15 years ago
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by notech

here's my number, (***-***-****) call me sometime!!

I've got some old iron I would share!

It's a shame everything you have to share happens to be....old.

...you see what I did there?!

Quote:
Originally posted by notech

the first pic is my '70 superbee 440 sixpack circa '75,the next is one I work on now,

'40 ford original except that it has a blown Merc Flathead (this car is sweet,trust me)

'nuf said!

One of the first cars I ever drag raced at a red light was a 440-6 Charger...I beat him by half a car length, I was so pumped I ended up almost running the second red light. My dad was not pleased about the red light, but I could tell he was also pretty pumped that I won.

I really like the new Challenger and Camaro..like, a lot, like, enough to totally have sex with one.

@Lindros: I'm actually going to make a second thread in this myth of a forum involving the R8, prepare your face for rocking.

@Fefe: That's hawt. Any particular one?

Oh, and since I'm mid quote I can't remember who said it, but I was actually going to use the GTO Judge for the comparison pic, but then I forgot, sorry about that.

Lvl 28
Also, does anyone here own any of the new or old muscle cars? What do they think?

(I know some of you have already answered that..)
Lvl 19
Older cars all the way. the new ones aren't bad per say, and what is with the charger being a freaking sedan.
Lvl 18
I preferred old school like this
Lvl 18
This my old school ride a true Charger not some panty waist 4-door sedan
Lvl 19
I own a 1969 Chevelle, 1966 Impala, and have a stripped down GTO Judge that my father and me are working on. Both the Impala and the Chevelle are project cars as they have not been run in 30 years and need restored. Sorry no pics as of yet. Do mid 80's F-bodies count as "old" , though they are not true muscle cars.
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by nemisis02

Older cars all the way. the new ones aren't bad per say, and what is with the charger being a freaking sedan.

I remember asking the salesman "How much with a standard?"...and then he gave me a puzzled look "Standard?"...I lol'd for like 20 minutes to his face and then left.

True story, twice.
Lvl 8
i drive an import (04 STI) and wrench on cars for a living. i have all the respect in the world for old school cars and they always put a smile on my face when i hear the rumble and lumpy idle. Not to mention they were insanely easy to fix and mod. but the new "old school" cars only look like their previous counter part. Modding the new cars while maintaining an emissions capable car will be much more difficult. I think (personally) old school cars had their prime time. And i think auto makers should leave it at that. Dont mess with a good thing. Seriously, who has 50-60k+ for a challenger? But, I am partial to the 13 second AWD
I prefer the old school Mustang. The other choices aren't so popular in Australia so I've only really seen them at car shows, there's a few old Chargers around but I don't like em.

I love 60's-70's Holden, Ford utes.
  • Goto: