Score: 5.00 Votes: 4
rate this

Old School Muscle, Or The New Kids On The Block?

Starter: Honda_X Posted: 15 years ago Views: 1.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 28
Yeah, Latino used to show me a lot of pics of the older Australian muscle cars, they were pretty slick looking cars...
Lvl 7
I had a couple old school muscle cars: 1971 Cutlass W30 and 1977 Trans Am. Weren't all that memorable, but that was over 30 years ago,too. The Trans Am was slower to 100 mph than my 1999 Acura TL, had less room and got 10-12 fewer highway mpg. The Cutlass was my first car and I think I abused it to death.

That said, today's muscle cars are a vast improvement over their bretheren from the 60s/70s. A cherry early 70s Challenger would set you back at least twice the sticker of the new Challenger and not be nearly as fun to drive/easy to maintain.
Lvl 28
Thanks for posting stimpy, my friend in highschool had a 77ish Trans Am, we made fun of him constantly, because he would always get his ass stomped by little rice rockets..
Lvl 7
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

Thanks for posting stimpy, my friend in highschool had a 77ish Trans Am, we made fun of him constantly, because he would always get his ass stomped by little rice rockets..

Yeah, the late 70s were crappy years for performance cars. Technology hadn't caught up with emissions control. A T/A with a 6.6L V-8 put out a measly 220 hp in '78.
  • Goto: