Score: 5.00 Votes: 1
rate this

Need car ideas...

Starter: [Deleted] Posted: 12 years ago Views: 3.4K
  • Goto:
Hey all I'm looking for a turboed 4 banger for under 12 and I don't know quite what to look for. I've been driving a Honda Accord for the last few years and I'm thinking about upgrading to something that can take the turns a little tighter, preferably a manual and is just an all around fun car to drive. Ideas?
Lvl 28
I dunno, the Dodge Neon SRT-4 and Cobalt SS turbo were reasonable cars for their size.

I think they rocked 240 and 260 HP.

They should be pretty cheap by now. God tier is the Subaru and Mitsubishi 4cyl tubros...but they're pricey as balls.

I would go with a Bugatti Veyron SS if I were you..but whateves.
Lvl 22
I'm a dodge boy but, if you want fast fun and can hang some curves STOCK go WRX.
Lvl 28
The one thing I gotta say about Subaru....despite them being god tier, they're seriously fuck ugly.
Lvl 59
Used Porsche boxter?
Lvl 59
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

The one thing I gotta say about Subaru....despite them being god tier, they're seriously fuck ugly.

For serious.

They look like a clown car.

The move like rockstars, but they look gross.
Lvl 22
Yeah the Subaru's are butt ugly but they perform excellently. I tried to talk my son out of buying one last year for that reason.

And they call it a WRX (wrecks) to me. Subaru's are a fine strong vehicle for a (used) reasonable price.
Lvl 28
Is a stock WRX really all that fast?

Plus aren't they all four wheel drive? I don't mind four wheel drive..it's just, more expensive used. I mean, the STi is redonkulous. like, mid 4s 0-60...but a normal WRX.

*googles*

Alright...numbers look pretty solid...this is 2008+ numbers though

265 hp and 244 lb-ft

Reasonable.
You could try a rx7 series five, awesome cornering actually Porsche stole the blueprints of mazda for there suspension. If you're up for a rotary I'd recommend.. good fun!
Lvl 3
anything with BMW in the name would work
Lvl 28
Finding an old RX7 would be pretty hard and expensive I would imagine.

Also, does BMW make a four banger tubro?

I know the new three series is a twin turbo six which hilariously only makes 300hp.
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

Finding an old RX7 would be pretty hard and expensive I would imagine.

You might be surprised, there is still quite a few around if you want one
Lvl 6
You won't get laid in a Subaru!
Lvl 14
avoid the dodge we see a few srt4s at my shop a month that have low miles and major issues, ranging from electrical to headgaskets causing a full locked up engine. and after working on them i wouldnt let any one i know spend money on one. WRX, EVO are good choices and reliable if you dont start cranking up the boost and beating on them though. Possibly look into a audi a4? or BMW. you can find some resonably priced ones that are a few years old now.
Lvl 28
An A4 1.8T (the new ones are 2.0L..but you're looking used, and that's a fairly new engine) are going to cost you out the ass...not just in price, but also repairs, and maintenance.

You're also going to have a very slow car. If you're looking for fancy badges over substance, sure...chicks will see Audi and BMW and get all moist in their business parts....but, I can't see a 1.8T Audi A4 going 0-60 in under seven seconds. They just weigh too much and are under powered (185ish HP)

If that was the case, since the 1.8 is in tons of Volkswagen...you could just save some money and get a slow Volkswagen instead?

@Cog: Really? That's interesting. Those cars were pretty fucking beast...I'm pretty sure they were heavily under rated power wise...

I agree with what the man above said...the Dodge SRT-4 probably of poor build quality, but they are fast. Just like the Turbo Colbalt SS. It's probably slightly better build quality, but still...it's not going to be anywhere near the Japanese and Germans.

It's just price vs power vs build quality.

What about a slightly used Mazdaspeed 3....are they pricey used?
Thanks for all the input. I've been looking for a WRX or EVO on craigslist and cars.com but I'm coming up empty handed at the moment so I'm still watching. Problem I've been noticing with most Mazda's is that being 6'4" I fit worse in them than most coupes lol.
Lvl 4
Try the new HYUNDAI GENESIS R-SPEC coupe
Lvl 28
I guess you decided to ignore the part about used....under 12k

...and I'm pretty sure the Genesis is a 3.8l V6.

It's a poor attempt to capitalize on the styling of the G37 as well.
Lvl 59
TRY AN AUDI R8!!!
Lvl 28
  • Goto: