Score: 5.00 Votes: 1
rate this

GM and chrysler merger ???

Starter: FATHERTIME Posted: 15 years ago Views: 1.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 28
i just came across this... www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27125864
Lvl 28
i don't know what this would mean to new car development, or jobs, but it could be intresting...
Lvl 59
It means instead of one two car companies going bankrupt it'll only be one big one going bankrupt.

But really, I'm kidding.

Ford will go bankrupt too, so it'll actually be 2 going bankrupt instead of 1.
God noooooo! It's always been Mopar or no car for me.
Lvl 8
In my opinion this is not a very good idea. GM is already bloated with tons of manufacturing overcapacity and adding Chrysler to the mix will only add to the problem. Both of these companies need to get their houses in order first, before they consider a merger. The CEO's of these companies should read Turnaround:How Carlos Ghosn Rescued Nissan, that company was very close to bankruptcy before Renault formed their alliance with Nissan in the late '90's and in 3 years all their debt was erased. Product is the key, design and build vehicles that the public wants to buy and your halfway there.
Lvl 59
Quote:
Originally posted by ArtieLange

Product is the key, design and build vehicles that the public wants to buy and your halfway there.

Problem is this economy is not one in which automakers are likely to have much success selling anything.
Lvl 11
The problem with the American auto industry is that they build crap. There is no quality in parts, and that is why everyone is looking to the foreign autos. You can ask just about any sensible mechanic, I know cause worked for a shop and brother is one and the majority of vehicles now a days made in america are made with parts that are made to malfuntion after x amount of miles. This is main reason everyone will look to Honda for instance, reliability......Enough said.
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Webgem

This is main reason everyone will look to Honda for instance, reliability......Enough said.

I'm pretty good looking as well..
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by EricLindros

Problem is this economy is not one in which automakers are likely to have much success selling anything.

You're right EL and that's the other half of the equation that they can't control.
Quote:

It means instead of one two car companies going bankrupt it'll only be one big one going bankrupt.

But really, I'm kidding.

Ford will go bankrupt too, so it'll actually be 2 going bankrupt instead of 1.

It's ok, the U.S Government will bail them out so their Execs can go to Tahiti or some resort somewhere nice and expensive
Lvl 59
Quote:
Originally posted by Xandar

It's ok, the U.S Government will bail them out so their Execs can go to Tahiti or some resort somewhere nice and expensive

They already have. You might not of noticed because they slipped it past during the ballyhoo over the 700 bilsky Wall St. package; I guess hoping that people wouldn't notice a paltry 25 bil.
Quote:

They already have. You might not of noticed because they slipped it past during the ballyhoo over the 700 bilsky Wall St. package; I guess hoping that people wouldn't notice a paltry 25 bil.

Actually I did, I was referring to the AIG Execs taken 40 mil of it too go to a resort
Lvl 18
where does daimler fit into this? Are they selling chrysler to cerberus? the company that owns majority of gm?
Lvl 28
i'm not sure how any of this is going to work out, or where daimler fits into this...
Lvl 28
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27473175
Lvl 28
i guess that's not going to happen now....
Lvl 14
Yea the bush administration is idiots, chrysler can go merge with Nissan. Chrysler workers can still lose their jobs because manufactoring will all be over sees and GM can go out of business and those employees can lose their jobs and pensions just because Bush wants to give the money to people like AIG who piss it away.. Way to go %$#^ head!
Lvl 28
i was hopeing they would try to do something... there are a lot of jobs at stake...
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by pantsman12

Yea the bush administration is idiots, chrysler can go merge with Nissan. Chrysler workers can still lose their jobs because manufactoring will all be over sees and GM can go out of business and those employees can lose their jobs and pensions just because Bush wants to give the money to people like AIG who piss it away.. Way to go %$#^ head!

From the spelling and grammar you have exhibited in this post it looks like you have trumped the Bush administration in the idiot department.
Lvl 14
Quote:
Originally posted by ArtieLange

From the spelling and grammar you have exhibited in this post it looks like you have trumped the Bush administration in the idiot department.

If I spent my time making sure I had correct grammar when I posted on this site Id have no life.. I guess that means Id be you.
  • Goto: