Score: 5.00 Votes: 8
rate this

The Minute Show (YouTube videos)

Starter: TheItch Posted: 13 years ago Views: 5.4K
  • Goto:
Lvl 13
Recently I've begun a video project, The Minute Show, that I hope will help me teach how to script, make and edit video (as well as just being fun). I clearly have a long road ahead of me.

I'll be posting episodes here They are supposed to be humorous. Don't be too cruel

I'll answer some questions I know you won't ask straight away...

1.Why aren't the episodes 60 seconds?
Originally everything was, with longer specials planned. Now the name is more of a loose homage to '60 Minutes'.

2.Where is the nudity!?!?!
It's YouTube. No Nudity. But it will have super hot Norwegian women in it. And if we do have any, probably in the outtakes (yes, there's been a wardrobe accident already) that will go over on Vimeo or somewhere else.

3.Why is your acting so wooden?
The short answer is because I can't act. I'm supposed to be an early 1970's Open University presenter. Hence the brown suit and overall look. Cross that with a bit of Graham Chapman-esque, a bit Peter Cook-ish and a dash of Steve Coogan's Alan Partridge and you get... Well you get the picture. The reality is like when you mix several great ingredients and get a mouthful of shit. I'm working on it though. Maybe I'll just throw more half-dressed women into the mix.

4.But what is the show actually supposed to be about?
Aburdist humour and satire. Based on a talk show format and the old UK show Nationwide. Dreadful backdrops, Dreadful sets, and everything seemed to be a monotone brown/beige. Fortunately, apart from the comedy, one of my influences is Benny Hill. Sex sells. Truer words have never been spoken, so I have asked a load of my gf's friends to help with various future episodes. Those are mostly the generic (stupid, really really stupid humour) shows.

5.Is that all?
Glad you didn't ask. There will be topical episodes, which are likely to be far more hit and miss. We'll see. I'm doing the first of those right after posting this; a look at the political situation sweeping North Africa. It's still supposed to be funny. We'll see.

6.The quality isn't that great is it?
Ever seen TV from the 60's and 70's? I was going for that feel. Also going full HD would have meant a huge computing upgrade that my budget couldn't really justify just yet. So SD for the time being. It's good enough unless you want it full screen. I mean, do you really want to be able to see right down to our skin pores?

My early efforts also suffered from a total fail moment on my part when I forgot that with SD going from 4:3 to 16:9 screen ratio results in around a 20% loss of screen resolution as it just top slices the native 4:3 image. Stupid really, but that's SD for you. HD is native 16:9 so even shooting down to standard def with that I should still get a much better picture. Well, like said, I'm still learning. So, camera upgrade is next.

7.So why are you posting them here?
I've been a mostly silent part of the community for a long time and thought these were stupid/funny enough to show. I've asked NoTech if he thought I was breaching any WBW rules and he thought it was fine.

8.You spelled Bernad incorrectly.
That's his name I'm afraid. The fault is with the registrar of births and deaths.

If anybody has any real questions feel free to ask. Ideas are very welcome too, either just generic humorous situations, candid moments, or political/social/economic situations. Critique if you wish too, but do bear in mind that I know they are crap already(beer)
Lvl 13
Episode 1 - Inaugural. The inaugural episode - The birth of the Minute Show. Everything has to start somewhere.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDECbAhmOMA[/youtube]

The show had to start somewhere and I had this written out already. The moment I finished I felt it was barely worth doing, but I figured I'd look back upon this more fondly with the misty eyes of nostalgia when I'm in my 90's or perhaps dead.
Lvl 13
Episode 2 - Valentine's Day. Be careful what you wish for. Happy Valentine's Day.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdNHOqCXvSA[/youtube]

There you go, a pretty girl at the very least. This was recorded just in time for Valentine's Day.
Lvl 13
Episode 3 - Milkshake. An OCM (Off-camera moments) episode where Bernad and his producer discuss the possibility of making a celebrity sex tape parody of Jon Stewart (The Daily Show) and Sarah Palin.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImU30aNf25E[/youtube]

If you are totally confused by the milkshake ending, go watch There Will Be Blood.
(I've ever since thought of Milkshake as the perfect euphemism for oral sex)
We did plan to do a teaser trailer in the theme of Buffalo Bill's kooky dance from Silence of the Lambs. With me as Palin
The actual sex tape was never made. Too scary to even contemplate.
Lvl 13
Episode 4 - Credits. Faced with the threat of industrial action, Bernad gives credit where credit is due.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO9sG6oFbqs[/youtube]

Bit of a rip off of Monty Phython's Holy Grail credits opening. With less Vikiings and Llamas.
And a chance to show a big of leg.
Lvl 37
For the tl;dr crowd:

Tubes created by WBW’s own; TheItch.
Aburdist humour and satire.

(Good Idea)

Maybe I'll just throw more half-dressed women into the mix.

(YES!!!)

I've asked NoTech if he thought I was breaching any WBW rules and he thought it was fine.

( Not the best recommendation, really)

J/K

Five Stars mate. Looking forward to seeing more. Cheers...(beer)
Lvl 27
You have my seal of approval, not that it means much, but you made me laugh

Love the 70's looking video, wouldn't change that a bit
Lvl 22
Great job! I was hoping this would be the option you chose

Funny and original, I love it ! Good Luck Theltch ! 5 * * * * *

@ TK ------ J/K
Lvl 13
Episode 5. The Great Procrastinator
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-R0KngNbAQ[/youtube]

Welcome to the worst German accent ever. EVER!

Anybody expecting the 'Nude Nuns' episode, I am afraid this has been postponed.
Lvl 27
I had myself all ready for some hot nun...well, their nuns, so some hot praying...
Lvl 13
We really were due to do a segment about a group of forward thinking nudist nun missionaries (so that they can go to the places that really need God) but the weather totally defeated us. Freezing rain, high winds and thick fog.
Lvl 27
I could only see a problem with that if the nuns had no nipples, cuz if they did, I loves me some hard nips
Lvl 13
It's interesting to see how much difference having a sexy picture or pretty girl as the icon for a video.
Lvl 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Demodad68

I could only see a problem with that if the nuns had no nipples, cuz if they did, I loves me some hard nips

I've been reliably informed, in the interests of protecting various people's future careers, the best I'll get is a nun wearing nipple pasties. We'll see
Lvl 9
Quote:
Originally posted by TheItch

Episode 2 - Valentine's Day. Be careful what you wish for. Happy Valentine's Day.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdNHOqCXvSA[/youtube]

There you go, a pretty girl at the very least. This was recorded just in time for Valentine's Day.

I it!
Mind the table...
Lvl 13
Argh. My Nun had to cancel on me to go work in the UK. (She might be on TV which I think is really cool).

So, no Nun related antics until at least next week. Damn... what do I do instead for today's episode?

Ideas?
Lvl 27
Well, if you don't have the nun, how about something with a priest or rabbi or the like...
Lvl 22
*bump*

Anything new in the works Theltch?
Lvl 13
Well, loads planned, but that's when real life chips away at things.

There was a possibility of doing a Charlie Sheen themed episode on Monday but then a friend told me that a publisher she's connected with is accepting unsolicited manuscripts at the moment (and for all of March). Since I have an almost finished book (3rd draft, almost finished) sitting on the corner of my desk here, I thought I'd put the effort in there and send it off. That amount of effort then became a rewrite of one of the not-quite-so main characters. I've still got to write a synopsis and covering letter, but the book itself is now just awaiting a final (and very quick) proof-read by my wife.

So, back to the Minute Show. Will be going into town today to get a simple T-Shirt prop made up for a nearish future episode that will probably get that episode flagged on YouTube, but for today I have a session with a friend who will either be helping me with a Mrs Slocombe tribute (who you ask? UK humour, Google Are You Being Served) and/or an Oprah Winfrey sketch. Alas, she's been getting cold feet but I can usually talk her around into my stupid ideas.

Given the editing required, putting the kids to bed, falling asleep at the keyboard, etc, we're probably looking at Friday
Lvl 13
Pff. Another cancellation. Going to concentrate instead on the final touches to 'the book' today. Maybe put something together later. At least my dancer comes back on Monday.
  • Goto: