Score: 5.00 Votes: 2
rate this

Working on overhaul of our moderation system

Starter: Diz-X Posted: 1 month ago Views: 1.7K
  • Goto:
Lvl 40
could the cropped - AI and Altered/photoshopped also be added to the reportlist ?
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by omuh
Looks good to me!

Could you also look into the possibility to make it so that if a picture is sideways/upside down, after we rotate it the good way, we can reverse search engine and it actually looks for the rotated pic and not the sideways one. Otherwise, we can't check those properly.

Will have to look into this.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by boobiemonster
could the cropped - AI and Altered/photoshopped also be added to the reportlist ?

The reporting system is going to get an overhaul also. Good you mentioned it, I haven't mentioned it, but was part of the plan!
sogood finds this awesome.
Lvl 65
Quote:
Looks good to me!

Could you also look into the possibility to make it so that if a picture is sideways/upside down, after we rotate it the good way, we can reverse search engine and it actually looks for the rotated pic and not the sideways one. Otherwise, we can't check those properly.

Why bother with this at all. If the pic is uploaded sideways or upside down just reject it as 'quality'. If the uploader is that careless or lazy that's their problem, not ours.
Lvl 40
Quote:
Originally posted by AJ100
Why bother with this at all. If the pic is uploaded sideways or upside down just reject it as 'quality'. If the uploader is that careless or lazy that's their problem, not ours.

this has nothing to do with carelessness or lazyness from the uploader....
in next link they explain why this happens (c/p link in browser to make it work)
https://kb.blackbaud.com/knowledgebase/Article/23917
* This post has been modified : 3 weeks ago
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by boobiemonster
this has nothing to do with carelessness or lazyness from the uploader....
in next link they explain why this happens (c/p link in browser to make it

I wouldn't know if the library we use to convert/manipulate images looks at the meta data for orientation. I was aware that this could happen. I will look into it when I have the time.
bob4funs1234 finds this awesome.
Lvl 25
Small update, most of the new system is done. I am currently working on reworking the whole reporting system. For example when reporting a wrong category, you must select new category.
nok_nok finds this awesome.
Lvl 25
What kind of report reasons should we add?
Lvl 25
Current reasons:

1 => 'A person in content is a Professional or Celebrity',
2 => 'Content is from you or your organisation and with to be taken off',
3 => 'Content has logo, url or copyright marks on it',
4 => 'Content is broken',
5 => 'Content is in wrong category',
7 => 'Duplicate content',
8 => 'Person in content is underage',
9 => 'Content does not belong in current series',
10 => 'Insult',
11 => 'Other reason',
Lvl 70
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X
Current reasons:

1 => 'A person in content is a Professional or Celebrity',
2 => 'Content is from you or your organisation and with to be taken off',
3 => 'Content has logo, url or copyright marks on it',
4 => 'Content is broken',
5 => 'Content is in wrong category',
7 => 'Duplicate content',
8 => 'Person in content is underage',
9 => 'Content does not belong in current series',
10 => 'Insult',
11 => 'Other reason',

Could add "Content is AI generated" as this is something I often see in the comments of AI pics that go accepted by mistake.
Maybe "Content is cropped or photoshopped" too as some users seem to be reporting those too, probably would require providing a link to uncropped/unalteraed pic to confirm the report.
* This post has been modified : 2 days ago
The_Sentinel, Diz-X, mysecondaccount find this awesome.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Could add "Content is AI generated" as this is something I often see in the comments of AI pics that go accepted by mistake.
Maybe "Content is cropped or photoshopped" too as some users seem to be reporting those too, probably would require providing a link to uncropped/unalteraed pic to confirm the report.

With some reporting will require for example model name, and url. Cropped would a url be a good one..
mysecondaccount finds this awesome.
Lvl 8
if you ask for reports to do it from users, then moderators should have to do the same when they reject it.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by mysecondaccount
if you ask for reports to do it from users, then moderators should have to do the same when they reject it.

@sogood: The system works if everybody helps out.
Lvl 75
Quote:
Originally posted by mysecondaccount

We do - that's why you see on your rejections when an image is rejected for "underage", "professional", "duplicate" etc.

I do think that we should have to select a deletion reason (same options as already listed) when we are removing images that were initially accepted.
omuh finds this awesome.
  • Goto: