Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

Site/Forum Rule reform.

Starter: Kanzen Posted: 17 years ago Views: 405
  • Goto:
Lvl 25
Working on improving our rules. Any and all comments and suggestions are welcome.

The file doesn't contain any real formatting, just the content. Just a work in progress.
* This post has been modified : 16 years ago
Lvl 24
I think they look good, but there are a lot of them. Perhaps refine/combine a few of them?

For example: I don't think the rule about site feedback deserves its own specific place. Perhaps that could be placed in the feedback forum's rules? (much like the sub-forum specific rules implimented for most of the babe forums)

But yeah, it looks good and covers a lot, but perhaps its too complex.
* This post has been modified : 17 years ago
Lvl 25
Its easier to make changes if I get more specific comments. Here is a slightly updated version. It adds a bit more description to the bare(r) rules. Also marked off the items that should be placed in the specific subforum's additional rule set.
Lvl 37
Great job, well thought out and presented

I would like to have clearer definition of copyright pictures/cartoons/media being uploaded instead of hotlinking. I see a lot of items being posted that have a copyright whether it's appended or not. Unless the poster took the picture, drew the cartoon or created the animated gif etc it should always be hotlinked.

I delete them and explain why, only to see them posted in other forums. I tend to take a hard line with copyrights. Perhaps everything should be hotlinked, those that can't or won't; too bad.

EDIT: Maybe some kind of agreement has to be signed before someone can post for the first time stating they read and understand the rules and they can have their balls chopped off if they fuck-up

Nobody reads the dang thangs anyways
Lvl 25
Another revision.

Edits include: grammatical changes (passive voice to active), two typos fixed, addendum of the beginning of a glossary.

Please suggest other terminology that needs to be added. Also all feedback is welcome. I want this thing to be as thorough and iron-clad as possible so we don't leave gray areas where it should be black-and-white.

// edit: Heh, with each revision the document gains about 2-3KB in size.
is diz reading any of this?
or is this something else were going to have to decide and implement ourselves?
Lvl 25
Hes supposed to be reading it. He said he would. But hes also busy UNFUCKING-UP his Mac Pro. I told that dumbass not to install Vista with Bootcamp. Bootcamp is only meant to run Windows XP SP2 currently and they have absolutely no public drivers for Vista let alone any protection from Vista's EFI partition wiping bull-crap.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kanzen

Hes supposed to be reading it. He said he would. But hes also busy UNFUCKING-UP his Mac Pro. I told that dumbass not to install Vista with Bootcamp. Bootcamp is only meant to run Windows XP SP2 currently and they have absolutely no public drivers for Vista let alone any protection from Vista's EFI partition wiping bull-crap.

ok, good to know...ive been reading them by the way....just nothing usefull to comment on, seems all logical to me
Lvl 25
So I take it no one else has any suggestions?
Lvl 25
Minor change in some of the writing.
I forgot about this thread.

*deletes own thread*
Lvl 25
Need a MediaWiki and or TRAC, would make internal development easier.
Lvl 25
Semi-major update.

The subforum specific rules have been stripped out of the general rules. A bit of change, some of it still needs some fleshing out. Comments and suggestions welcome. Also subforum moderators please submit some of the rules you'd like to see up for consideration.

// edit:

I'll be posting the subforum specific rules draft soon.
article 5.4:

does that include cartoon/anime type pics too? i ask cause i remember a comic posted in the fun forum a while back showing britney spears being raped. It was allowed to stay. I dont know if its not included in the rules, or if i just didnt interpret it right.
Lvl 25
Yeah, it is included. We want the WBW community to have a friendly atmosphere for women.
Quote:

Yeah, it is included. We want the WBW community to have a friendly atmosphere for women.

good call..
i was just curious and wanted to make sure
Lvl 28
ZOMG, great job.
Lvl 25
Well over a year later, and the new rule set has yet to be implemented.

C'mon Dutchies, how about some action here?
Lvl 27
Quote:

Well over a year later,

a statement that could be used for various problems that have been going on
Lvl 25
Maybe, it has more to-do with some complications in my personal life that I never came around to the smaller problems at hand. On the other hand that is no excuse for not taking the time to fix these things.
  • Goto: