Starter: wavedave45 Posted: 8 years ago Views: 21.5K
  • Goto:
Lvl 19
And we miss you.

Quote:
Originally posted by ramstheann
miss him so much
Lvl 25
F1098 can't keep it in her pants. But yeah, Honda dying as a huge hit. Sometimes I think he just may pop up out of nowhere and act as if nothing happened.
Goldseeker, EricLindros, DEMO find this awesome.
Lvl 20
Quote:
Originally posted by omuh
Times changes and I'm pretty sure forums aren't the best way to post and browse content. So it makes sense that the galleries are more active than the content forums. Now the site could use some more community oriented posts and feature though...

Reddit, Something Awful, Fark, /b/, Albino Black Sheep, and many others would disagree that forum-based sites are obsolete.

There are hundreds of current events, political, news, and hobby related website that are forum based and that continue to not only exist, but they continue to grow.

Link

Another link

And one last link

Since our topic in this community is the topic that there are more websites for than any other topic, and since the items covered in this community are focused on the most common search term in the entire world, it should be doing at least as well as the Subaru Owners Forum.

And it's not.

To be honest, this site did used to have a very active community. It's possible that picture galleries don't lend itself to that, but I don't know why that would interfere all that much, since other sites (some listed above) have the same types of media and yet their social communities thrive and have only grown in the same period that this one has diminished.

I think there are a lot of reasons this community has become desolate, and I've felt that was the way this site was headed since I first started closely observing it over ten years ago. I'll spare us what I think those causes were, because I attempted to share my concerns before it got this deserted and was either black-listed, attacked, or ignored. There's really no need for me to engage in the discussion about how to save the cow after it's already dead.

But no, message board formats are not obsolete. In fact, what evidence there is on the topic shows that message board communities are prospering, not failing.

I disagree. The reason this community got small had nothing to do with the format it was presented in.
captnenglish finds this awesome.
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by hunnied012
Thehbfactor comes back for entertainment and there is none... so displeased.

I actually have a bunch of hbfactor photos. She was mighty hot! If I remember correctly she requested her stuff be removed from the site. Out of respect for her I'll keep the photos to myself.
captnenglish, desperatemofo find this awesome.
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by Kanzen
F1098 can't keep it in her pants. But yeah, Honda dying as a huge hit. Sometimes I think he just may pop up out of nowhere and act as if nothing happened.

I haven't been on here much lately. I didn't know Honda died :-(
captnenglish finds this awesome.
Lvl 70
Quote:
Originally posted by Tarquin
Reddit, Something Awful, Fark, /b/, Albino Black Sheep, and many others would disagree that forum-based sites are obsolete.

There are hundreds of current events, political, news, and hobby related website that are forum based and that continue to not only exist, but they continue to grow.

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

Since our topic in this community is the topic that there are more websites for than any other topic, and since the items covered in this community are focused on the most common search term in the entire world, it should be doing at least as well as the Subaru Owners Forum.

And it's not.

To be honest, this site did used to have a very active community. It's possible that picture galleries don't lend itself to that, but I don't know why that would interfere all that much, since other sites (some listed above) have the same types of media and yet their social communities thrive and have only grown in the same period that this one has diminished.

I think there are a lot of reasons this community has become desolate, and I've felt that was the way this site was headed since I first started closely observing it over ten years ago. I'll spare us what I think those causes were, because I attempted to share my concerns before it got this deserted and was either black-listed, attacked, or ignored. There's really no need for me to engage in the discussion about how to save the cow after it's already dead.

But no, message board formats are not obsolete. In fact, what evidence there is on the topic shows that message board communities are prospering, not failing.

I disagree. The reason this community got small had nothing to do with the format it was presented in.

I've never said boards communities were obsolete but that forums weren't the best way to share and organize media content.
If you check deviantart for example, you'll see that the main part of the site is based around galleries, with filters and searches as well as profiles and group lists, not forums.
Reddit and such sure are growing but their content is based around discussions, informations and novelty (sure there can be media content in there but it's not the same focus).
So I'm not saying forums should be removed. I just think the babe forum section would be better replaced by just the galleries, while still keeping the forums for other community engaging activities and having an incentive to use those (with maybe better community driven features as well). But the thing is that the lack of support made it so that the community isn't here anymore to fill this part.
captnenglish, asunfisher find this awesome.
Lvl 20
Thanks for the clarity. And for the record, I agree with your statements now that I understand them more fully.
captnenglish, jenngurl23 find this awesome.
Lvl 17
Quote:
But yeah, Honda dying as a huge hit.

Honda died?
Lvl 8
Not in a literal sense...or maybe, yeah he died.
Lvl 27
I'm trying to be optimistic about it. I'm hoping either he hates us all and wants nothing to do with us, or he's joined a Luddite cult.
Lvl 59
If you want to take the positive spin, there were times he would go MIA for long periods of time and then pop back in.

If you want to take the positive spin.
Lvl 27
Yeah, that's a possibility, I just wouldn't want to assume the worst.
Lvl 25
I dunno, messaging some cryptic things like pictures from a bible (he wasn't religious), an emergency room door, and disappearing and not even logging into PSN let alone Steam would leave me to believe he is in fact dead.
Lvl 59
You are not taking the positive spin.
omuh, [Deleted] find this awesome.
Lvl 27
Quote:
I dunno, messaging some cryptic things like pictures from a bible (he wasn't religious), an emergency room door, and disappearing and not even logging into PSN let alone Steam would leave me to believe he is in fact dead.

That sounds pretty bad
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by EricLindros
You are not taking the positive spin.

At least he doesn't have to worry about his heart problems now.
Lvl 27
That's dark!
Lvl 25
Positively dark.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by RiffRaff
I blame Obama.

riffraff I blame u
Lvl 3
Come Check out our profile xox Canadian Couple copy and paste the link!
Hope to chat soon
http://refer.[Blacklisted]/?R=1681949&T=1681949
  • Goto: