Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

What's your biggest fear...

Starter: DEMO Posted: 8 years ago Views: 4.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 27
And I'm not talking about something happening to your children if you're a parent. I want to know your strangest phobia, such as spiders, snakes and the such.

so, who is it that has the oddest fear?

I'll add mine after a bit, if several people post theirs.
Lvl 27
@Kanzen, it can't be me stalking you and finding out where you live, i already know that
Lvl 19
Centipedes, heights and witnessing a plane crash. I actually fear seeing a plane crash more than I fear being in one.
Lvl 41
Its flying for me.
Lvl 17
Failure.
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by CatBack
Centipedes, heights and witnessing a plane crash. I actually fear seeing a plane crash more than I fear being in one.

Yeah, most people being in the crash would be fear worthy, just witnessing one is a bit quirky
Lvl 14
Work.
Lvl 27
To be stuck in some vegetative state, aware of everything around me but unable to move for a period of years.
DEMO, Notech_The_Abbot find this awesome.
Lvl 32
Snakes. Being trapped at work (fate worse than death). Getting buried alive.
Lvl 27
For me, it's driving down a road and having a tie rod snap, a tire blowout or what have you and crashing, especially if I'm on a road with a shear drop on one side, dunno why but it kinda freaks me out...
Lvl 8
I've got a weird fear of heights. Like, I'm not afraid to be on an airplane or in a tall building but I get all nervous climbing up a ladder. Even one that's only a few feet high.

Happy birthday, DEMO.
Lvl 27
Thanks Davey...

and my wife is the same way, ladders freak her out
Lvl 8
Open water is my biggest fear, in a swimming pool I'm fine but out in the sea I get really scared, I thinks its cos I cant see what's below me or something, my imagination goes into overdrive and I start to panic. being buried alive is my second biggest fear.
Lvl 19
Well, three things freak me out be

Anything happening to our baby girl

Being buried alive ( "Kill Bill" nearly killed me.)

Disabled in a state where I am totally dependent on others.

And....Happy BD, Demo. Hope you get some of dat BD !
Lvl 70
Quote:
Originally posted by Davey45
I've got a weird fear of heights. Like, I'm not afraid to be on an airplane or in a tall building but I get all nervous climbing up a ladder. Even one that's only a few feet high.

Happy birthday, DEMO.

I'm fine with ladder or planes but I also get a weird feeling when on top of something with little to no protection (like on a high balcony or a lighthouse for example). I always get that impression of being attracted by the void while still afraid of falling. I think it's just the subconscious thought of knowing I could jump/fall if I wanted to.

That, and hospitals.
Lvl 27
Thanks F, hope to get some of dat too
Lvl 23
Getting my fingers slammed in a door. Had that happen to me when I was a kid and have feared it ever since.
Lvl 11
Unprotected heights. Planes and high buildings are fine

Spiders make me cry and shake.

Getting paralysed in an accident.
F1098 finds this awesome.
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by Neonzero
Open water is my biggest fear, in a swimming pool I'm fine but out in the sea I get really scared, I thinks its cos I cant see what's below me or something, my imagination goes into overdrive and I start to panic. being buried alive is my second biggest fear.

I remember my first few times out at sea in a small (21 foot) vessel and it did kinda freak me out once we got far enough to where you couldn't see land anymore. This was pre GPS, when you had to rely on a compass to get from Miami to the Bahamas.

Also, when I was a little kid, my mom took me to Italy and I remember being freaked out on the leaning tower of Pisa. Obviously, it was when you could still go on it.
Lvl 27
Flying over open water is also a bit un-nerving
  • Goto: