Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

recording question

Starter: stewie56 Posted: 18 years ago Views: 436
Lvl 8
ok i found some tapes (yeah i know old) that i want to transfer on to my comp so i can burn them to a cd. So what would i need to copy the tape to my comp. ie. software, cables whatever you guys know thanks in advance
* This post has been modified : 18 years ago
Lvl 14
A tape player, and a cord to run from the headphone jack to the mic input on your comp. I believe its a 3.5 mm cord, but I can't remember.
Lvl 17
male to male 1/8 jack cable

they are cheap

you can find programs for recording from your mic jack everywhere

there is a good one ive used called reaper
its freeware
check it out
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by Burn

male to male 1/8 jack cable

they are cheap

you can find programs for recording from your mic jack everywhere

there is a good one ive used called reaper
its freeware
check it out

even tho i said thanks in advance thank you guys went out and got the cord today it fuckin rocks
Lvl 18
How's the sound quality? what are using to play the tape? a portable??
Lvl 15
Don't expect good sound quality out of it. Recording off tape player does not measure against native digital music (CD-rips). To get the most out of it, make sure you record at 16 bit, 44khz. Most (all?) computer mic jack only support mono. You might get better results using Line-In if you have one, you might even get stereo out of it. Expect 50 megs wav files.

I used to transfer music off analog sources using the Window's sound recorder (in accessories).
Good luck!
Lvl 23
Unless it's rare stuff you're copying, it might be easier just to download the music from somewhere, plus you'll get better quality.
Lvl 9
I actually use a tape player and a cable to my line in... for recording i use ACE-HIGH mp3 recorder... it records directly to MP3 and it is free if you don't want to record more than 5 min. you can find it on www.download.com
Lvl 9
whaha... meant download . com
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by bachiotomy

How's the sound quality? what are using to play the tape? a portable??

quality isnt great sounds like it was from the radio but i didnt need it to be great and anyways highguy said download it i have had problums with p2p so i try not to use them
Lvl 12
limewire works well for me
Lvl 13
for pro work get the pinacle box set with usb hub. its really for video but does wonders with sound too

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Video/Studio+Family/
Lvl 25
ThinkGeek sells a direct tape deck that fits in a 5.25" computer bay.