Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

Radared going 54km/h (35mph) over the speed limit

Starter: flashbourne Posted: 17 years ago Views: 1.2K
  • Goto:
Lvl 5
SO i was pulled over on my way to work, by a ghost car of course going 50+ km over. In Alberta, Canada that is consitered a dangoerous act and i have to go to court and plead my case. From what i have heard i wil lose my liscence(already had demerits) and get fines/ community service. My question is if anyone has had this or something like this happen to them and if u know what might happen

I also havea qusetion about the radars and how accurate they are
is there any margin of error

and fyi, he got me dead on from the side of the road goin 114 kilometers in a 60 zone
* This post has been modified : 17 years ago
Lvl 17
sometimes they allow a 10% margin of error,
Got a speeding ticket when I was 16.. lost my license.

Got another one at 17. Lost 'em again.

Got another one about a month ago.. didnt lose anything but got a fine. Of course, I wasnt going that much over the limit either. I do believe you'll lose 'em and have to take a course on safety.
Lvl 5
really a full 10% the reason i am so interested is that if it is less then 50k then i get a simole fine and keep my liscence
Lvl 17
no 10% e.g. 66 in a 60, they let you off, when your 50 km over they're not going to reduce it so you owe them less
Lvl 11
were you going down hill? If so you can use that..
also due to the fact you were WAY over the limit, there is little you can do
Why were you going so fast?
Lvl 17
Quote:
Originally posted by wiseguyisyy4u

were you going down hill? If so you can use that..
also due to the fact you were WAY over the limit, there is little you can do
Why were you going so fast?

say it was an emergency and/or you feared for life someone chasing you was trying to kill you etc
Lvl 5
ohhh yes i know what you mean
I was just wondering if it was fightable to say something like "I was going 110 not 114 and the margin of error says that i can fight i was going this speed"
yes i am that deperate

And wiseguyisyy4u, the road was completely flat and it was not a major road and is rarely used, the officer happened to be heading that way to a residence nad was sitting on the side of the road

Ive sped down there every day for 2 years
Lvl 11
Quote:
Originally posted by flashbourne

ohhh yes i know what you mean
I was just wondering if it was fightable to say something like "I was going 110 not 114 and the margin of error says that i can fight i was going this speed"
yes i am that deperate

And wiseguyisyy4u, the road was completely flat and it was not a major road and is rarely used, the officer happened to be heading that way to a residence nad was sitting on the side of the road

Ive sped down there every day for 2 years

i think you might be screwed...
Have you been booked before?? If not you can use that in your defense, also if it is a powerful car you were booked in you can use the excuse that you usually drive a "crappy 4 cyclinder car" and this new car you were caught in, you didnt realise how fast it was due to it was very quiet and made little noise and handles the speed very well, and it didnt seem to be very fast at all, just say you thought you were going the limit however when the cop put hit siren on you looked at you speedo and couldnt beleive your speed.
Lvl 5
haha, nope same bronco as ive had for years
and yes ive been booked bofore, im sitting on a few speeding tickets, i think i might be very screwewd
Lvl 13
damn dude 54 k over the limit fucken oats you should lose your license dude. It doesnt matter that you do it all the time. You shouldnt of been doing it the law is the law after all
Lvl 11
Quote:

and yes ive been booked bofore, im sitting on a few speeding tickets, i think i might be very screwewd

yeah i think you are screwed.
What did you say to the cop that pulled you over.. what was your reason for speeding?
If he didnt ask you that you could say some kind of emergency.... you just have to think one up... House on fire.. baby was getting born.. the invisable man was after you.. plead insanity.. plenty of options..
Lvl 5
Quote:
Originally posted by wiseguyisyy4u

[reply=flashbourne]

yeah i think you are screwed.
What did you say to the cop that pulled you over.. what was your reason for speeding?
If he didnt ask you that you could say some kind of emergency.... you just have to think one up... House on fire.. baby was getting born.. the invisable man was after you.. plead insanity.. plenty of options..
[/reply]

Yeah.. i wast even thinking... the only thing i was thinking when he told me how fast i was goin was holy shit
Lvl 11
good luck anyway!
Lvl 16
Quote:

SO i was pulled over on my way to work, by a ghost car of course going 50+ km over. In Alberta, Canada that is consitered a dangoerous act and i have to go to court and plead my case. From what i have heard i wil lose my liscence(already had demerits) and get fines/ community service. My question is if anyone has had this or something like this happen to them and if u know what might happen

I also havea qusetion about the radars and how accurate they are
is there any margin of error

and fyi, he got me dead on from the side of the road goin 114 kilometers in a 60 zone

You are dumb . i hope you lose your licence or kill someone and live with the guilt untill you kill yourself. Save the speed for the racetrack you fucking hero .
Lvl 9
Dude, seriously. If your in that much of a hurry, leave 30 minutes earlier. There's no damn reason to be going that fast. Slow the fuck down. But then again, I'm wasting my typing. If you didn't learn from your last tickets......
Lvl 11
You might want to learn to stop speeding dude.....I'm in ontario and the cops here give a 14 kph allowance but if you're doing almost double the limit...have a nice day go to court...
Lvl 28
you were doing 114 in a 60...thats a bit much isnt it lol....my pal drag raced an undercover cop once...he clocked doin 140 in a 100...and im fairly certain they took his licence, and the fucker still cant afford insuance...it was funny as hell tho..best of luck man
Lvl 9
Just a little advise from a fellow Albertan. Contact a trafic ticket lawyer like Points or somebody, it will cost you, but they can almost always get you off on a lesser charge, that way you can maybe avoid loosing your licence. A friend used them once, when he was charged with driving without a valid licence, no registration, and speeding. He was facing a 1 year suspension, and got off with just a fine.
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by slicker

You might want to learn to stop speeding dude.....I'm in ontario and the cops here give a 14 kph allowance but if you're doing almost double the limit...have a nice day go to court...

nahh....they always let me go 100km in 80's....im from ont too
  • Goto: