Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

Phone unlocking??

Starter: RumDum Posted: 14 years ago Views: 917
Lvl 16
So, I have an old LG Dare, that I don't use anymore because I no longer use Verizon. The problem is that where I live now, my T-Mobile has a bad signal in a lot of places.

My question is, am I able to unlock the Dare from the Verizon service and use it as a pre-paid phone? I want the prepaid part for work and its easier to gauge how much its used for business and it will get better small town signal.

It doesn't have a SIM card set up.
Lvl 7
I thought that you could unlock any phone, I had one in the UK that was Orange got that unlocked out here ok (am in middle east). I guess you just have to find a place that does it.
Lvl 16
My guess is that I would need some sort of SIM card to make this possible.
Lvl 16
*bump*
Lvl 17
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=unlock+lg+dare
Lvl 27
I have a program that will let you do pretty much anythign with the phone you want. It will give you every bit of information on it, and let you do what you want. Bare in mind that some things are illegal based on FCC rules and laws, so don't do shit that might get you caught.

I'll post again once I can find it; its on one of like 6 hard drives. Been a while since I've needed it.
Lvl 27
Ok, here is the program. http://www.cdma-ware.com/workshop.html

This is a badass program. You can do just about anything with it. It's been a few years since I've used it however, so I'm not sure how well it will work with your problem.

This is NOT what you will need to do to unlock it, but here is a little on how to do some things with the program.
http://www.instinct-samsung.com/index.php?topic=1837.0

Hope this helps.
Lvl 16
Thanks Punly. That's kinda what I was looking for. I appreciate the extra help. Not some google page.

I'm sure I can find something with that.

Thanks Mal for your vast knowledge past the big "G" workhorse.
just take it to a shop there all over (well in uk) they are and cost about £10.00
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by sumo999

just take it to a shop there all over (well in uk) they are and cost about £10.00

I don't think they do that here in the states. I'm not sure you can go to a store around here and have them unlock a phone. Isn't it "technically" illegal to unlock a phone to use as you wish? One of those things like how its illegal to download copyrighted/cracked shit on the internet, but we all do it anyway.

I could be wrong though.

And with that program, you can do whatever you want with your phone. You can change just about everything in it, including FCC ID's and shite like that.
its not illegal aslong its a payg or ur contract has finished as u own the phone. all phones start unlocked its the networks what lock them not the phone makers plus u own the phone
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by sumo999

its not illegal aslong its a payg or ur contract has finished as u own the phone. all phones start unlocked its the networks what lock them not the phone makers plus u own the phone

I guess that's a good point. Once the contract is up, you can't be bound to anything. I thought there was a FCC law on that shit though. Probably not I guess.