Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

Motorcycle crash! Surgery! NYE spent in the hospital!

Starter: Jeff613 Posted: 18 years ago Views: 1.8K
  • Goto:
Lvl 14
I've worked around them for most of my career and as a result, that is my opinion of them. It didn't come about because of this accident, but mind you the behavior of these pricks at the accident site only proves what I've long believed about them all along. If and when I see a reason to think differently then I will. In the mean time, they continue to operate with a free license to screw the public out of any kind of moiney they feel like screwing them out of, and that's wrong. Only a certain kind of person works in any industry that does that to the public. Those people are called tow truck drivers.

I know what kind of people they are and I am not going to say differently or abandon my opinion just for the sake of being nice when I run into one. I don't do that.
* This post has been modified : 18 years ago
Lvl 5
Quote:
Originally posted by WBWCREW

stupid fuck

WTF??? Your Avatar that is, wonder how long that lasts

and Jack, get well
Lvl 15
wow that totally blows, you said you were wearing a half hemlet? In oregon, those things aren't legal, 3/4 minimum
Lvl 10
????? Try a tricycle...
Lvl 17
Keep in mind Jeff is on pain pills, has his mouth wired shut and is probably a bit shocked by the whole thing. But yea generalizations are never a good idea. I do recall getting tows by some decent guys who seemed to care and charged me a reasonable fee. Did I meet a tow truck driver who was wealthy but drove a truck b/c he liked to help people or was that a movie? Anyway yea these guys were not cool at all. Tell us what the lawyer says. Pat Maloney's office in Austin also?
Lvl 14
I've gotten a tow from a driver a time or two when I needed it, but you're not mentioning that most of what they tow are not the cars of poor nuns and widows stuck out in the rain on some interstate, they're the cars of people who haplessly park in poorly marked no parking zones. They drivers will sit there, watch someone park in such a place, give them no warning whatsoever even though they could, then swoop in the minute they walk away, tow the car and charge that person who doesn't even remotely need that hassle up to $150 to get it back, sometimes even more. That, my friends is a just being a vulture. That would be like me sitting there and watching someone set their keys in their trunk (something you never want to do), see them do it as they close the trunk, deliberately not tell them they're about to lock them in the trunk, then walk up and offer to open it and get them their keys back for $150 after the fact.

As for pain killers, I am not on any. I was on a dilaudid self-administering IV that would have been any junkie's wet dream when I was in the hospital but I soon asked to be taken off it and made do only with motrin off and on for the next day or two. Thank you for your sympathy but just don't get me going about tow truck drivers or cops. Do what you gotta do, but please don't engage me on those two types.
Lvl 11
jeff: your next bike, perhaps?

Lvl 14
For all I know my avatar may be my next bike after all I've been through. Either it was a freak accdent or God was really trying to tell me something.
wowie!~ beats my crash!
dont give up!
  • Goto: