Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

GTA5...

Starter: DEMO Posted: 10 years ago Views: 1.1K
Lvl 27
So my boys have been playing online for a while now, and had built up a 7 figure bank account. Now when they got online this afternoon, they found their bank account had been taken down to a mere 50,000 dollars.

They play on Xbox, and I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and if so, does anyone know why? I tried googling it, but had no luck finding any information about it.

Any insight would be appreciated
Lvl 16
There's been an update that has deleted any illegally obtained money even if it was given to you. Unfortunately it also appears to have removed legit money for a lot of players =/
DEMO finds this awesome.
Lvl 16
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52096/taking-aim-at-gta-online-cheaters.html
DEMO finds this awesome.
Lvl 27
Thanks trevoriv, appreciate the link, that explains what happened perfectly.

I showed the article to my boys, and they obtained all their money by simply doing missions and such, and now they simply have to continue playing to rebuild their bank account...
Lvl 70
Well probably someone gave your sons a "little" money that wasn't legit. Then, they probably used a lot of money to buy stuff so when Rockstar removed it, it felt like everything was removed but that's probably because the money they spent was superior or equal to the legit money they made normally.

I'm always cautious when "legit" players claim they lost their money/something in a game because 90% of the time, it's a lie or a scam.
I'm not saying it's impossible that a bug might have taken legit money out, but that's not the more probable thing.
Lvl 27
Yeah, upon further questioning, I found out when one of them was playing, someone in their game was giving out cash. So, they didn't technically do anything wrong, but said player who was handing out cash was the culprit.
Lvl 70
Quote:
Originally posted by DEMO
Yeah, upon further questioning, I found out when one of them was playing, someone in their game was giving out cash. So, they didn't technically do anything wrong, but said player who was handing out cash was the culprit.

See

According to the new from Rockstar your sons risk nothing as they just received money.
DEMO finds this awesome.
Lvl 27
Yup, now they have to earn the money back... legitimately lol
Lvl 25
> legitimate money
> gta5
omuh finds this awesome.
Lvl 27
I guess, legitimately is kind of a loose term huh
omuh finds this awesome.