Score: 5.00 Votes: 6
rate this

Firearms... For Fans, Anti-Gunners, Owners, or those that just don't give a shit

Starter: renavatio33 Posted: 15 years ago Views: 1.7K
  • Goto:
Lvl 9
I am an avid firearms enthusiast and I own a couple and have a long list of ones to buy. I am for concealed carry and other pro-gun legislation.
Just curious if anyone out there is a shooter, hunter, or what have you and your opinions, what firearms you own and which ones are on your wishlist.
I would especially like to hear any opinions of people not in the USA, I know that firearms laws are a quite different in say the UK or Australia.
Personally, I own a Thompson/Center Omega .50cal Muzzleloader w/ a thumb-hole stock, and a Winchester 1400 Shotgun, I like to hunt deer and birds and on the wishlist among many others is a Sig Sauer P226 in .40 S&W.

Thanks for any and all opinions.
Lvl 28
Getting a handgun in Canada, or any gun for that matter is very hard to do....you have to take a firearms safety course to own a non-restricted gun (usually rifles)..and to use a handgun, you have to take a restricted firearms safety course. Even after passing both of them, which requires background checks, and all sorts of shit, you're limited to the type of handguns you can own. Also, you cannot own a gun for personal safety..you can only own a gun because you are a collector or a target shooter.

It is fucking stupid, but, we don't have very many shootings in Canada, so that's cool. When I go cruising around a night, or if I flip someone off while driving, I don't have to worry as much about them pulling out a handgun and blowing my beautiful, beautiful face off. Which is a nice peace of mind.

I do think guns are cool and stuff though, I was a target shooter when I was younger. I just through I would hit you with some Canadian firearms knowledge....(Canada sucks shit if you like guns)..
Lvl 9

good stuff
Lvl 18
I own a glock 23 (.40 cal). It goes everywhere with me and I had a concealed weapons license up until a recent incident but I'll be getting it back. I also own a 12 gauage mossberg 500 persuader. I have a few others which are less then legal and I can't mention. I really want to get a gold plated .50 cal Desert Eagle, it's not much good for carrying or shooting people cause of it's size and accuracy issues but it's just so damn pretty. I would carry it though if I was going somewhere fancy and wore a suit, I'd put it in a shoulder holster.

This is my baby, I don't leave home without her. Glock 23 .40 cal. Glock perfection, no better handguns on the planet.

Mossberg 500 12 gauge. This is like my fat wife who I leave at home and don't take out on dates and if I have to introduce you to her you'll regret the meeting.

And my #1 "to be purchased" gun. The Gold plated Desert Eagle.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkYP8VzlvZY[/youtube]
This damn gun kicks hard.
Lvl 28
Pfft, I have a gold DE....I wreck shit with it.

On Call of Duty 4...
Lvl 25
I don't have any guns as of right now, but I have shot a few different ones. I'm pretty sure it's not as hard or time consuming for me to get a gun/permit as Honda but we do have background checks and we have to have a permit to even own a handgun and I think it's the same for rifles and shotguns.

I would REALLY like to have one of these guns in this video..... http://www.spike.com/video/what-is-worlds/3025894
Lvl 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

Pfft, I have a gold DE....I wreck shit with it.

On Call of Duty 4...

They've got a gold DE in COD4? I haven't played it but I didn't know they had one of those either.

If I could literally have any gun without a doubt it would be this one. It's a fully automatic 12 gauge shotgun with barely any recoil. If also has explosive miniature grenade rounds. There's no weapon that could beat this in a close range gun fight. Unfortunately right now it's still not mass produced and even once it is it will be miltiary exclusive for awhile at least.

AA-12 Shotgun It's a long video but if you watch the whole thing and listen to the creator of it you can't help but respect this weapon.
(skip to 4:00 to see it in action)
(skip to 6:45 to see the awesome little mini grenade rounds, imagine 20+ of those shooting at you in 4 seconds)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dKIZauSf5s&feature=related[/youtube]
* This post has been modified : 15 years ago
Lvl 25
I have just started 2 months ago at a shooting range..

If I really could own a weapon, it would be a hand pistol and the FN P90
Lvl 18
Awesome Diz. What are the gun laws like over there?

@J_A_W_Z: Where do you live? NY? Most of the US it's pretty damn easy and in almost all states you don't have to have any kind of a permit to own or use them just to carry one concealed. It's our 2nd ammendment right to own them. I didn't think there were any states where you had to have a permit to own one.

I really want to get a class 3 firearms license though so I can legally own fully automatics ("machine guns" as they're commonly referred to by most of you less knowledgable about guns). Then maybe I could talk about some of my other guns
* This post has been modified : 15 years ago
Lvl 22
I had a Glock 17 but sold it.The only one i have at moment is a .50 cal McMillan Tactical Sniper, but i guess i will sell it too, i have no time for shooting and a guy at Shooting Club likes to buy since a few years.
Lvl 18
where do you live trust and how much? I'm always interested in pickin up some new toys.
Lvl 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Swiss407

where do you live trust and how much? I'm always interested in pickin up some new toys.

Germany, would be hard to send it to USA. How much? about 6000$ together with an ATN 12-36X80 telescopic sight( wich costs alone about 1000$ ) , but for that money you can get it in the states too.
I like to Deer hunt and sometimes people hunt I have a Remington Woodsmaster 30-06 Remington 1100 12 guage New England Firearms 20 guage and a Desert Eagle (Baby Eagle) 40 SW
Lvl 28
Quote:

They've got a gold DE in COD4? I haven't played it but I didn't know they had one of those either.

Yeah, you get it when you hit LVL55....fuck yeah, Commander.
Lvl 25
Quote:

Awesome Diz. What are the gun laws like over there?

You have to be a member of a certified shooting range for at least a year and get training in firearms, you may not have a criminal record. When you have this you can get a license for firearms, small and large caliber.

What kind of pistol do you guys recommend for self-protection?
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X

You have to be a member of a certified shooting range for at least a year and get training in firearms, you may not have a criminal record. When you have this you can get a license for firearms, small and large caliber.

Sounds very similar to teh Canada.
Lvl 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X

What kind of pistol do you guys recommend for self-protection?

Glocks, Diz. The only way to go. They don't have safety's to get in your way. They never fail or jam even with sand or water in them. They're as good of guns as have ever been made. Get a high caliber though like .40 or .45 for maximum stopping power. Glocks are incredibly accurate and low on recoil. Really they're just incredibly well rounded and absolutely perfect for defense purposes which is why pretty much all cops, FBI, CIA and so on carry strictly Glocks. They just plain don't break even under extreme conditions. They also require very little maitenance. When you own a Glock you never worry. When you need to use it it's going to work every single time like the day it was brand new.

Quote:
Originally posted by trustno.1

Germany, would be hard to send it to USA. How much? about 6000$ together with an ATN 12-36X80 telescopic sight( wich costs alone about 1000$ ) , but for that money you can get it in the states too.

Duh. I knew you were in Germany I just had a brain fart. Yeah it would be a pain in the ass to do an international deal like that.
Lvl 22
if i had the money, i would like to have this one .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTfPfRNrxsU
Lvl 18
If you get one trust let me know. I'll fly out just to go for a spin around the block.
Lvl 25
Quote:

Where do you live? NY? Most of the US it's pretty damn easy and in almost all states you don't have to have any kind of a permit to own or use them just to carry one concealed. It's our 2nd ammendment right to own them. I didn't think there were any states where you had to have a permit to own one.

No, I don't really know much about the process of getting a gun since I don't have one, I was just going by what my uncle done. I think thats why he had to get a permit though, so he could carry it around with him. I just checked it out and in my state atleast all they do is a background check to make sure you can legally own a gun.
  • Goto: