Score: 5.00 Votes: 2
rate this

EUROPE TRIP! wohoo! tips? advices?

Starter: budokan Posted: 14 years ago Views: 1.1K
Lvl 22
HI fellow wbw'ers

some of you might remember me back from a long time when i used to participate a lot more

now i just mianly go in read and fapfapfap :P

anyhow, I am leaving to europe in about a week, will be working in CPH for 2 weeks and then meet a bunch of friends and go to krakow, prague and berlin.

(we will also be making a quick stop in amsterdam but that calls for a separate thread)

so... what advices can you europeans (maybe even locals!?) give me prior to my trip?

any absolutely not missable spots?
any good bars with good atmosphere and good looking ladies?

any info is welcomed and thanks in advance!

budokan
Lvl 11
I used to live in CPH.

What are you interested in? And what kind of age are we lookin' at? There are some places where the young go and there are places that are fun...
If you are into rock music there are two festivals in CPH during the comming weeks: http://www.copenhagenlive.dk/copenhagenlive.php (Rock festival) and http://www.copenhell.dk/ (Metal festival)

You'll of course be sad to hear that the little mermaid has gone to China for a couple of months and therefore will not be at her usual place when you are in town. There are however other mermaid-like women in town.

Let me know what you are looking for in particular...
Also try www.aok.dk
Lvl 22
hi supermaio, thanks for the reply

unfortunately i cant see your links yet but it shouldnt take long before the are reviewed (will happen until you post ¿100? posts?)
Is one of those links Roskjilde the roskjilde festival? Sadly, I dont think we will be in Denmark by then (1-4 july)
I will be staying in CPH form the 28 of may to 14 June.
I've been to the city before, spent 3 weeks there last year so I ve seen the big hits. yes, the mermaid is cool but like walking don the streers where the mermaid like women you mention are.
but hey, since you are a local any good cheap places to eat during lunch? I will be working next to the Rosenborg Have for a while. I know a good sandwich place there but options are welcome!

I am going over there to celebrate my 30 birthday, and i am meting there with 5 more friends flying from all over. So the target is 6 30 yrs old males who enjoy bars, beers and a good underground scene if any. Indie music, small concerts, factories turned into art spots, those kind of things.

thanks again!
Lvl 11
Hi Budokan,

Sorry for the wait. Been a busy weekend...
Anyway, ok you've been to CPH before... Going out at night I personally like to go to Park Café in Østerbro which is a few kilometers from Rosenborg Castle and Have. It's a café, it's a bar and it's a disco. Also if you are to that kind of stuff - as I am - there's a small place just across the street from Park called MacGraths. It's a sportsbar and english pub - very nice beer there!! Often you'll find supporters of the local football team FC Copenhagen here.
Otherwise - if you are feeling a little daring - there's Christania or Staden as it's also called. It's a small community within CPH where the "hippies" used to live and do whatever it is that hippies do. Some of them still live there now. There are several niec places to eat there and you can get the same there as you can in the dutch Coffee shops that you're also asking about - however in Denmark that's not legal and therefore I cannot under any circumstance recommed or in any way endorse any such thing or activity... Staden is also the place to go for the small concerts and underground galleries etc.

Now places for lunch near Rosenborg... well it's not exactly the cheapest places in town around those parts. However if you have time you could try crossing Dronning Louises bridge into Nørrebro where you'll find plenty sharwarma places and burger joints that are cheaper than most places in the center of town. Nørrebro is also a good place to go for the smaller underground places just of the main street "Nørrebrogade".

As for touristy things I guess you done the walking up and down Strøget and Købmagergade? The two main shopping streets in town. In fact on Købmagergade next to Runde Tårn (Round Tower) there's a small place called Studenterhuset. There you'll have a chance to meet with locals, mostly students from the nearby CPH University and hangarounds. You'd might be able to grab a cheap lunch there as well and it's close to Rosenborg.

Ok, gotta go. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to try and help :-)
Otherwise enjoy your stay and have a great birthday!

/Sup
Lvl 11
btw the two festivals that I've linked to aren't the Roskilde Festival. It's two festivals in Copenhagen and I think that both of them are while you are here :-)
It's Copenhell and Copenhage Live
Lvl 27
hi bro!
cph i don't know, but the skandi's are helping you anyway.
krakow, i used to fly in and out a few times, but don't know neither.
prague is a beautiful town with beautiful girl's. i've been there let's say twenty times - and ALWAYS enjoyed it.
just visit the local bars, club's and have the one or the other "pivo"...
berlin... i've been 4 weeks ago in a club: http://www.fkk-artemis.de/en/index.php... a must ;-)
amsterdam, where i'm from, i always use to stay at the http://www.bourbonstreet.nl/. sure you're right, a'dam will open a NEW thread in here...

btw: visit "de wallen" wiki says: "...De Wallen: Red-light district of Amsterdam
De Wallen is the largest and best-known red-light district in Amsterdam and a major tourist attraction. It is located in the heart of the oldest part of Amsterdam, covering several blocks south of the church Oude Kerk and crossed by several canals. De Wallen is a network of alleys containing approximately three hundred tiny one-room cabins rented by prostitutes who offer their services from behind a window or glass door, typically illuminated with red lights. The area also has a number of sex shops, sex theatres, peep shows, a sex museum, a cannabis museum, and a number of coffee shops that sell marijuana. De Wallen, together with the prostitution areas Singelgebied and Ruysdaelkade, form the Rosse Buurt (red light areas) of Amsterdam..."

hey!! and don't smoke to much!!
Lvl 11
Muad-dib, I love your city!
Been there a few times and stayed at Bobs youth hostelm which I would recommend for you, Budo.
http://www.bobsyouthhostel.nl/ It has a great location in the center of city
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by Supermaio

Muad-dib, I love your city!
Been there a few times and stayed at Bobs youth hostelm which I would recommend for you, Budo.
[ Link ] It has a great location in the center of city

i know bob's ** a good place to stay if you're young - or a good place to find somebody young.
Lvl 11
Yup, very nice place when you're young.. And it's been a couple of years since last I was there ;-)
I think that last time was in 2004 after a concert. Yeah! We had fun :-)