Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

erratic downloads

Starter: biggins10 Posted: 16 years ago Views: 723
Lvl 8
I have qeustion when downloading movies I start out @ close to 200kb then it slowly drops off to alomost 10 kb sometimes before download over .
I,m running a toshiba laptop windows vista And wireless card with excellent strength system clean and checks out any suggestions
Lvl 8
Lvl 59
Your tubes might be clogged.

Other than that, I don't know. Maybe someone else can help.
Lvl 19
Contact your operator.

And aware that if your problem concerns P2P network, you're not going to get help from here.
Lvl 3
Give TCP Doctor a try and clear out your browser history, hopefully this may help you.
i think your pc is good.
it is just a sign that the connection with the server through which the download takes place is poor. (most probably too many requests for the given speed of the network there).
Lvl 7
are you running torrents?if so your isp could be throttling you.comcast is good for that
Lvl 8
No I believe aaeartson was right Just shitty provider depends on the time of day
Lvl 6
Imagine my disappointment... I read "erotic downloads"

Oh well, good luck with your problem.
Lvl 16
A lot of times when you are downloading files, the first bit seems to come in faster than the rest. This is usually because of reporting issues, and not actual speed issues. If the speed settles down after 30 seconds or so and stays pretty even after that, then more than likely the program did not time the first bit of the download and started timing after the file had already started coming in. If your time progressively gets slower throughout the whole download, it may be an ISP issue.