rate this

DownloadThemAll

Starter: JSteel Posted: 14 years ago Views: 2.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by JSteel

Thanks Honda

Sooo can i get IE off my computer and use FF? Or get a trial somehow?

test it. you may have all of them on your compy same time!
firefox ( http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html ) is nice because of all this little helpers and adds you can find here: https://addons.mozilla.org. and: firefox is known as safe.

i am on Chrome the last days but having trouble because i can't delete the cache in there. somehow a virus i think...
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

I'm going to be honest, even my mom thinks IE is a bullshit browser.

..and on a daily basis I catch her one step away from giving random people credit card info.

Oh, that's not all that bad. My aunt thinks that someone has hacked into her computer and is watching everything she does cause "weird stuff" keeps happening. She can't copy and paste, therefore the hackers have taken that away...apparently they needed copy and paste on their computer too.

You guys wouldn't believe the bullshit she comes up with.

Lvl 21
we have both IE and FF plus couple other browsers on our comp,,so you don't have to remove IE just don't use it,,It may come in handy if FF goes down, which it has been known to do
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by waywardson

we have both IE and FF plus couple other browsers on our comp,,so you don't have to remove IE just don't use it,,It may come in handy if FF goes down, which it has been known to do

Technically, you can't REALLY remove internet explorer, as it is intigrated into the Windows explorer. You can remove it to the point where you can't open it, but it might fuck up the rest of your internet based apps.

Well, I halfway take back what I said, you can remove it NOW, but you didn't used to be able to without fucking shit up, or having Windows automatically reinstall it, thinking that a component was damaged.

From mozillaZine

Quote:

If you no longer wish to use Internet Explorer

The easiest route would be to make your Mozilla browser the default browser and simply stop using Internet Explorer. You can also consider these other options:

Secure Windows and Internet Explorer

The SANS institute recommends the following precautions for Windows users. Remember that parts of Internet Explorer can be used by other programs, so users should follow the advice even if they don't click on the blue e.

* Upgrade to at least Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista SP2, or Windows 7
* Enable Windows automatic updates [1]
* Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8
* Regularly update all plugins
* Configure Internet Explorer security settings as recommended by SANS and CNET, including turning on DEP and Protected Mode and the Medium-High security setting for the Internet zone [2]
* Use a standard account instead of an administrator account for browsing [3]
* Use antivirus and anti-spyware software
* Use a hardware or software firewall
* Use an alternative browser instead of Internet Explorer

I have to say I agree with them. If you have no future plans to use IE again, just disable it's access to the internet through your firewall, and just temporarily change it if a sepcific application needs to use it(not really sure if you would have to change that, since I've never disabled it personally)
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by JSteel

I stumbled on a program called downloadthemall but its for FireFox. Is their a program like this i can use for windows?

Im just gonna assume some of you know what downloadthemall is.

Try http://www.diodia.com/picturestoolbar.htm I used to use it a while back b4 i switched to FF.
does almost exactly the same as downloadthemall but inside IE.

The basic version in the attached link is free, thou the paid version is a lot more capable.
Lvl 21
can i choose where the pictures get saved to? can i save them to a folder of my choice?
Lvl 21
its telling me that the program might case IE to stop responding or crash...?
Lvl 14
BID is the best choice i know.... but firefox is nice... so you might wanna try DTA with it
Lvl 25
Suggest you just try it and see, Like i say I used it some time ago on ie6 or 7, and never had any problems.
It has a uninstall facility incase it doesnt work.

Just checked again the programmer modded and cleared the program for use in ie8 last year, so there shouldnt be any problems.
http://www.armleg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=777&sid=eef7a18d0588504c7b43ccc5a0ab6218&mforum=diodiaforum
* This post has been modified : 14 years ago
  • Goto: