Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

DownloadThemAll

Starter: JSteel Posted: 14 years ago Views: 2.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 21
I stumbled on a program called downloadthemall but its for FireFox. Is their a program like this i can use for windows?

Im just gonna assume some of you know what downloadthemall is.
Lvl 59
You know, they have the firefox for windows now. So you can go with that.

If, by chance, you meant for Internet Explorer, well, then I don't know. I use firefox for all of my browsing that would require massive amounts of downloading individual pictures, so it's never come up for me. I mostly use IE for business/school stuff when necessary.
Lvl 27
did you try BID bud?
http://antibody-software.com/web/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33

EDIT:
hey, you can use it for cars, also!!
Lvl 21
we have firefox and use downthemall for big files it just seems to be faster
Lvl 38
I use downloadthemall as well.... I have tried BID and like it a lot. Just dont want to pay for it.
Lvl 27
Is this an actual program, or just an extension for FireFox? I remember an extension like this back in the day that was called DownThemAll, I'm assuming this is the same thing.

If I remember correctly, you were able to add download accelerators to this extension. Flashgot was what I used, then again, that might have been the name of the extension. I just torrent shit nowadays anyway, so I don't have too much large downloading I have to do.
Lvl 21
I was thinking about downloading a torrent program, but i know a few people that have used em and gotten viruses from using them.
Lvl 21
yea torrents can be dangerous
Lvl 25
As long as you know what you are doing, you wont get viruses. However we can't discuss torrents or the programs that download them.
Lvl 21
Quote:
Originally posted by EricLindros

You know, they have the firefox for windows now. So you can go with that.

If, by chance, you meant for Internet Explorer, well, then I don't know. I use firefox for all of my browsing that would require massive amounts of downloading individual pictures, so it's never come up for me. I mostly use IE for business/school stuff when necessary.

IE came installed on my computer. (Im assuming that's how it got their), so that's why i use that.

Is firrfox that much better? worth getting and using?
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by JSteel

IE came installed on my computer. (Im assuming that's how it got their), so that's why i use that.

Is firrfox that much better? worth getting and using?

I could type out the tier scale, but I'll pass. If you're going to run Windows, then yes, it's essential you switch to either Opera or Firefox(Chrome is good too, but I haven't played around with it enough to recommend)

If you're going to run another OS, you're pretty much good with whatever you have preinstalled there. I've been playing around with konqueror on my Kubuntu linux live CD, and it's pretty good.

Lvl 21
Quote:
Originally posted by Muad-dib

did you try BID bud?
[ Link ]

EDIT:
hey, you can use it for cars, also!!
[ Image ]

Is that anything like that orbit capturing and downloading program? Captures videos from basically any site and i can downloads them to my computer. Because i have that on my other computer and i could just send that rar to this comp.
Lvl 27
Quote:

Is that anything like that orbit capturing and downloading program? Captures videos from basically any site and i can downloads them to my computer. Because i have that on my other computer and i could just send that rar to this comp.

sorry, don't know that orbit-thing... but it's simple if u want to down pics from a thumb page. just c&p the adress in the prog, run it, and you'll see this preview. if u want, down them - else you can delete all or a few. i like it!
Lvl 28
I'm going to be honest, even my mom thinks IE is a bullshit browser.

..and on a daily basis I catch her one step away from giving random people credit card info.
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

..and on a daily basis I catch her one step away from giving random people credit card info.

Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

Lvl 18
Nonononononono!!!

THIS is Honda's mom's speed:

Lvl 28
Quote:

I was thinking about downloading a torrent program, but i know a few people that have used em and gotten viruses from using them.

You can get viruses from visiting web sites, it's not the format that's dangerous but the content. If you visit crap site, you get viruses. Same with torrents, zips etc etc.

Also the FF extention DownloadThemAll is pretty good, I use DownloadHelper now personally though. And get FF if you don't have it.
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by MeatU2

Nonononononono!!!

THIS is Honda's mom's speed:

[ Image ]

mmmhh... $250.000 is not bad at all!
Lvl 21
Thanks Honda

Sooo can i get IE off my computer and use FF? Or get a trial somehow?
  • Goto: