Score: 3.00 Votes: 3
rate this

Comicbook Movies (and a poll)

Starter: Strichnine Posted: 17 years ago Views: 1.2K
  • Goto:
Lvl 10

Best Comic Book Movies (in alphapedical order)

• Sin City

23.88% (16)

20.90% (14)

• Batman Begins

14.93% (10)

• Blade

7.46% (5)

• Spiderman 2

5.97% (4)

• X-Men 1

4.48% (3)

• X-Men 3- The Last Stand

4.48% (3)

• Batman

4.48% (3)

• Spiderman 1

2.99% (2)

• Ghost Rider

1.49% (1)

• X2- X Men United

1.49% (1)

• Superman 1

1.49% (1)

• Batman Returns

1.49% (1)

• Daredevil

1.49% (1)

• Hellboy

1.49% (1)

• Road to Perdition

1.49% (1)

• Fantastic Four

0.00% (0)

• Superman 2

0.00% (0)

• Superman Returns

0.00% (0)

• Punisher- The new one

0.00% (0)

Votes: 67
With all of the comic-book-based movies that are coming out I never thaught there would be a moment where I hoped that it would end. I love comic books (i just have 500 or so, not a very big collection), and so why do I want it to end? I want it to end because I do not want to see a HULK 2 or a NAMOR movie. Sure it would be cool to get to Spider-Man 7, but who is he fighting by then? (the resurection of dead chars probably, or every Venom symbiote hybrid available.)

I dont mind the comic book movies that are based on Graphic Novels, like From Hell or Road to Perdition because the resoltion of the story doesnt have to be so heroic, or involve super-powers. I'm not tired of the genre, I'm just tired of movies like X-Men 3 or HULK. I wish I could do a poll with all comic books movies but I am just going to highlight the ones I think should even be considered, insult me I forget a good one. This poll doesnt take into consideration movies athat are soley inspired by the genre like Sky High or Unbreakable.

Also movies I didnt include in the poll: Mystery Men. Superman 3-5, Batman 3-5, or anyother clearly undisirable comic movie adapataion (if you can even call them that).
* This post has been modified : 17 years ago
Lvl 10
and it changed the order of my entries...
i deleted your other one..

and it will be random every time you do it, it doesnt do it alphabetically, it lists them randomly
oh...and on topic, i only enjoyed sin city out of those..
Lvl 13
should be a post of what comic book movies everybody likes then take best say 10, then do a vote

make it based on what people like as apposed to what you think people like...not a put down on your post , just my opinion
Lvl 15
sin city, 300, batman returns
Lvl 12
Sin City and Hellboy are the only ones that I would watch more then once

the rest are mindless fluff that focus more on the new special fx's of the time when they were made, and forget about any real story telling

...though i havnt seen 300 yet...
Lvl 12
I would have put Swamp Thing on the list..its better then half of the titles listed
Lvl 2
spiderman 7 , i'm sure he'd fight someone good. the comic series is fourty years old. i'm sure they could have someone great. as for the hulk. supposedly they're re doing it with a better director (for action not drama) and a different cast, i'm' sure it would be better. the problem the movie people have in my opinion is that they stray from what makes the movies good. getting a new director and using a story line that's too big = xmen3. crap. The new batman was good. the new superman was decent. FF4 was good. I remember a day when comic movies were HORRIBLE! anyone remember the three captain america's and the two punishers? I think we have to give these movies a chance and remember it's entertainment...or no one would be buying the comics anymore either.
Lvl 2
tho i agree , sometimes they go for special effects over story aka hulk and ghostrider.
Lvl 10
Quote:
Originally posted by maddog69

I would have put Swamp Thing on the list..its better then half of the titles listed

Are you kidding me? I liked it but it was no Spiderman 2 or even a X men 1. To each his own. I have never realy like DC with the exeption of Batman and the occasional superman stroy
Lvl 27
I guess I'd go with 300.
enjoyed none of those listed
The problem with most comic movies is they get script writers that don't know shit about what they are writing about. They should find the best comic book writer for the character they're making a movie of and let that person write the script. Hell, Stan Lee retired from marvel, get him to write the scripts for any Marvel movie. Bryan Singer made X 1 and 2 good , to bad he can't direct all of them. Like others have said, you can't rush the story and focus on the F/X's (like the crappy Star Wars prequals)
Lvl 17
every superhero movie has been a let down...yet some were okay...i think spiderman 3 will be good and i personally can't wait for it

you're right about the graphic novel movies..they've been way better..especially road to perdition 300 and sin city

the problem was (as explained by brodie) that as soon as one super hero movie was successful all the studios just started buying whatever superhero rights were available and just started making movie sout of them no matter how shitty they were...

and dag is right aboput the rest...the reason why 300 and sin city were good was because frank miller insisted on doing the movie his way and according to his comics.
Lvl 7
I voted for the orig. batman, You could also make a thread about the worst (Hulk imho)
Lvl 9
i enjoyed the majority of those and thought that x-men one and two were great. the third one was terrible because they rushed it out with a different director.
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by Dagnabbit

The problem with most comic movies is they get script writers that don't know shit about what they are writing about. They should find the best comic book writer for the character they're making a movie of and let that person write the script. Hell, Stan Lee retired from marvel, get him to write the scripts for any Marvel movie. Bryan Singer made X 1 and 2 good , to bad he can't direct all of them. Like others have said, you can't rush the story and focus on the F/X's (like the crappy Star Wars prequals)

This is who needs be be writting the movies. :P

Lvl 10
I like most comic movies, but i hate it when the comic movies started doing weird slants on thier stories, IE superman returns and of course hulk.
Lvl 20
I'd like to see a Captain America movie.
  • Goto: