Score: 5.00 Votes: 3
rate this

Cartoons and Saturday mornings

Starter: DEMO Posted: 12 years ago Views: 4.6K
  • Goto:
Lvl 27
So, I've been sitting around all day not able to go to work, and instead of watching the same old crud on TV, my boys had on the cartoons this morning, Boomerang to be specific. I had all but forgotten about some of the toons that I had watched as a kid, but when I was growing up we didn't have 24 hour a day cartoons, you either got to watch for a couple hours in the afternoon during the week, or Saturday mornings.

So with that being said, what were your favorites?

Do you still watch cartoons or go for the "adult" TV only?

Are any toons these days on the same playing field as the oldies?

Now you don't have to answer my questions specifically, I'm just kinda wondering what happens to people and their watching of cartoons as they get older is all.
Lvl 22
bugsbunny roadrunner tom and jerry popeye.perhaps I do.
Lvl 27
Well I watched loads of The Jetsons, The Flintstones, and well, even the Smurfs, hadn't watched any of them in years
I used to love The Smurfs. Generally I don't think todays cartoons are as good, unless you count shows like The Simpsons, South Park, and others...but I really wouldn't call those cartoons in the same sense that The Jetsons was a cartoon...ya know?
Lvl 27
The Simpsons is awesome, but ya, not on the same level as kids cartoons...
Lvl 29
aquaforce hunger team,besides the old tom and jerry, woody wood pecker, daffy duck, the older ones are hte best
Lvl 27
I haven't seen Tom and Jerry, or Woody Woodpecker in years either, thats some good stuff...
Lvl 9
Thundarr the Barbarian !! (beer)
Lvl 6
Cartoons I watched as a kid were Silver-Hawks, Galaxy Rangers, Voltron (lion not the stupid car one), Thundercats, Transformers and GI Joe.
Now as an adult I watch South Park, Archer, Robot chicken and the occasional new release DC or marvel animated movies.
Lvl 27
I've never even heard of Silver-Hawks or Galaxy Rangers
Lvl 6
they were kinda sci fi cartoons pre dating the space cowboy show Bravestar.
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by chromecoyote

they were kinda sci fi cartoons pre dating the space cowboy show Bravestar.

Damn I must be old cuz there is another I've never heard of
Lvl 14
Yeah I still watch cartoons, but the ones today are not like the ones when i was young with bugs and friends. Now its the ones that are geared towards adults. futurama, simpsons, king of the hill, and the odd southpark, but now the ones that do finally appear on saturday are not cartoons and they are stupid crap like hanna montana and crap like that.
Lvl 6
lol..they were early to mid 80s cartoons. Look em up on like you tube to get an idea of what they were all about.
Lvl 17
Superfriends, Scooby Doo, Bravestarr, Silverhawks, anime that was there was Robotech...
Lvl 21
bugs bunny roadrunner, Popeye,The Jetsons, The Flintstones the old tom and jerry, woody wood pecker, daffy duck quick draw mcdwar deputy dawg all the old looney toons fog horn leg horn and such
Quote:
Originally posted by [blacklisted
umefan0813]
anime that was there was Robotech...

Loved Robotech. The local video store had the entire collection back then. Odd for a out in the middle of no where little town.

I watched Looney Toons and Warmer Brothers stuff. All the old school 70's toons. I watched the 30 minute commercials of Transformers and G.I.Joe. Always hoped to see someone actually get shot on G.I.Joe but they had worse aim than the A-Team. Loved the Animaniacs when it was on.

There are some decent cartoons out if you can find them. Phineas and Ferb on Disney is excellent. Cartoon Network has a few good ones. Generator Rex is good. Young Justice (DC sidekicks as a covert team under Batman). Star Wars The Clone Wars is decent. Batman the Brave and Bold is hilarious if you've seen the old 60's tv show. Fortunately my kids tend to avoid shows like Hannah Montana etc.
* This post has been modified : 12 years ago
Lvl 29
Quote:
Originally posted by Notech

bugsbunny roadrunner tom and jerry popeye.perhaps I do.

Hell yes!!!! All the old Warner Brothers classics!!

He Man and the Masters of the Universe remember Cringer?
Lvl 27
Yeah, I remember cringer

@ Dag - I watched Phineas and Ferb earlier today and I tell ya, I just couldn't get into it

And I'm glad to see a consensus so far as to the looney tunes being pretty much a favorite of everyone
  • Goto: