Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

Burning DVD's

Starter: JSteel Posted: 15 years ago Views: 1.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 21
Whats a good (free) program to burn movies to dvd?

These movies are mostly avi.
* This post has been modified : 15 years ago
Lvl 27
I don't really davvel in freeware too much anymore but when I did, I seem to remember this being a pretty good program. I'm sure they have made major changes with it since I used it back in the day(like 3 years ago I think) but its highly rated, and was good back then.

Deep Burner
Lvl 21
I cant figure out how to use it!

I have that program sonic mydvd also and i cant figure that sh*t out either
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by JSteel

I cant figure out how to use it!

I have that program sonic mydvd also and i cant figure that sh*t out either

If you could choose a program, paid or whatever what would it be? Have you ever used roxio before? That's pretty user friendly.
I can guarantee that the free programs are not as user friendly as the program you pay for.

CD Burner XP

InfraRecorder

DeepBurner

Ultimate Burner

Burn At Once

Imgburn

I am sure there are a few in Sigmer's S/W thread also.
Lvl 21
hmmm...
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by ev1l0ne

I can guarantee that the free programs are not as user friendly as the program you pay for.

[ Link ]

[ Link ]

[ Link ]

[ Link ]

[ Link ]

[ Link ]

I am sure there are a few in Sigmer's S/W thread also.

Yeah, thats almost always true. Most freeware seems to be designed for more tech-savy people. That and they don't have the time or money to put as much work into the progs to make them simple to use for everyone.
Lvl 22
We won't be having discussion on cracks nor warez sites. Especially when there is more than ample free open-source material available.

S/W Sub-forum rules
* This post has been modified by [Deleted] : 15 years ago
Lvl 16
I have found no freeware program that can take AVI files, convert to DVD format, and burn them as a DVD playable in a regular DVD player with an consistency in result. I assume that is what you were looking for here.
Lvl 21
Quote:
Originally posted by rocknthefreeworld

I have found no freeware program that can take AVI files, convert to DVD format, and burn them as a DVD playable in a regular DVD player with an consistency in result. I assume that is what you were looking for here.

Yea! Pretty much!
Lvl 18
I've never found any decent DVD burning software free or otherwise. Nero is about the best I've used but even it is moody at times. Roxio (Sonic) suck BALLS! I don't care what anybody says, it flat out sucks hard. I have a less then legal copy of Nero though and the damn thing always deactivates itself on me and I have to uninstall and reinstall every damn time I want to burn something.

I use imgburn with great success as long as I have an iso or something that I want to burn but just straight turning vids into watchable DVD's sucks and I use Nero Vision to do it.
Lvl 16
Nero Vision is the best program for converting from any video format to DVD. It is the only one that can consistently give you a decent output.
Lvl 25
Sorry do not know of any free video burners. If there are some sigmer is the guy to ask, have you checked his thread http://whatboyswant.com/forum_read/3364103/1/100
Rather than dvd burners, perhaps there are more dedicated free video editors which will write the output to a .iso image file for burning as a seperate step. I use ulead but again thats not free.
Lvl 21
that deep burn program pun suggested saved an iso for me but then i couldn't figure out what to do with it after that
Lvl 29
I also us nero, good for ripping and burning.
you get slysoft any dvd and then you would be set
Lvl 12
Quote:
Originally posted by rocknthefreeworld

Nero Vision is the best program for converting from any video format to DVD. It is the only one that can consistently give you a decent output.

Correct. The only problem I have with Nero Vision is that it about 1 out of every 5 seem to have sync issues during playback. If the OP doesn't know... Sync issues mean the audio gets out of sync with the video. Sorta like watching an old Bruce Lee movie cause their mouths are out of sync with their words.

For Nero Vision to work properly, you need to make sure you have MINIMAL background processes running at the same time as your encode/burn. Don't even open a web browser while its working. Doing so could likely cause a sync problem.

One more thing to note: My computer is pretty freekin fast - just about as fast as you can get - and I still have sync issues from time to time. So unless you have a pretty new computer, don't even bother with Nero Vision.
Lvl 21
So is their any free versions of this Nero Vision?
Lvl 12
Sorry for the delay. The only free versions are the OEM versions that come with new computers - and even then, I'm not too sure the OEM version would include Nero Vision. I think it only includes Nero Burning Rom, and Nero Express.

You can buy the newest version of Nero from Newegg here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832111008&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Software+-+Digital+Media+Creating+and+Editing-_-Nero+Software-_-32111008
Lvl 16
Nero Vision is an add-on that doesn't come with the free Nero.
Lvl 16
I came across another program yesterday and used it. A little slow, but free and it did everything I asked it to. DVD Flick available at http://www.dvdflick.net/
  • Goto: