rate this

stealth_fart needs a new car

Starter: stealth_fart Posted: 16 years ago Views: 800
Lvl 8
ok..so i got ajob that pays ridiculous...and am looking at a new car

looking for something super awesome in the pricerange of 60-80 grand

open for all suggestions
Lvl 7
Why don't you invest 1/2 that amount and use the other 1/2 to buy a car or truck. I'd recommend a Nissan Frontier/XTerra/Pathfinder. All based on the same drive train and it's solid. Just take care of it, change the oil and it will start every time until the battery dies.

The other 1/2 of the money that you invested will eventually make car payments on a ride in the future and you'll be working easier.

Now go find a financial advisor. Make some sound investments first.

Then buy the car.
Lvl 6
used, Porsche GT3
Get a Prius I heard they are nice
Lvl 8
well thanks for the info and ahh..opinions. but i have other money that will be invested. and currently is. the 60-80 is put aside for a fancy peice of sexy ass metal on four sexier tires. so more ideas guys. as a truck i was looking into the tacoma.

but i want a car. to go fast. and to shine up. and keep in storage when there is 10 feet of snow on the ground
Lvl 28
I hear Kia makes a sweet ride. Check that shit out.
Lvl 22
1958 edsel pacer, w/all the options!!

working on one now from edmundton(spelling)it its still going strong
and it's a chick magnet for it's awesomeness!!!!!
Lvl 22
see!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lvl 8
buy a skyline gt-r from japan and have it imported, but idk about canadian smog regulations, if there is none go for that for sure...and idk how exchange rates are but here it says $70k US http://www.edmunds.com/il/nissan/skyline/ but you are canada...it would be worth the wait to save up 100k because you still would need it shipped and all that once you do have enough to buy the car....or you can get a corvette i think that might be in the price range...ahh...your best bet will be the new wrx sti, its like 300 horse and awd so it will work in your snow eh? Go with wrx is you want it to run in the snow or the skyline if you want to keep it in the garage in the winter.
Lvl 8
hmmm that pacer is superbadass. i almost want to completly restore a chevy nomad and bomb around in it.

but that subi...hmm that looks nice. best of both worlds i think
Lvl 28
Here's a kick ass kia.

Seriously though, Can't remember what exactly they cost, but Dodge Vipers are the shit. I would SO love to have one of those if I had the cash. Maybe one day I'll be hella rich and will have one, but till then...
Lvl 22
would restore before anything new!! Fact!!
Lvl 14
Do you like American Muscle / Detroit Steel or Import Ricers with the steering wheel on the right hand side? Do you like old vintage / antique or brand spanking new? Do you want stock fast from the factory or aftermarket fast from a specialized speed shop?

I just built a $120,000.00 '63 Corvette Stingray, authentic true split window coupe, rare, for a customer. They call these kinds of cars resto-mod as it's looks stock on the outside from back in the day but underneathe the hood is 10 pounds of shit in a 1 pound bag, basically big block horsepower in a small block engine with today's latest and greatest technology. This is the exact kind of car that you would see Jay Leno or Nicolas Cage add to their personal collection. Not only that, this car has caught the eye of HotRod Magazine and Barrett-Jackson Auctions in Vegas. Hotrod mag wants to do a magazine bit / article on the car and B-J auctions wants exclusive rights to be the first to sell the car.

If your serious and have the scratch to boot send me a PM, just click on my name or avatar.
Lvl 8
How about a Nissan GT-R,520hp, 211 mph,state of the art dash,and a chick magnet
Lvl 6
You need an NSX, power is aimed at being over 500hp with all-wheel-drive and four-wheel steering added for high-speed cornering abilities according to Honda chief Takeo Fukui. Expect this to hit the streets around 2010.

Lvl 8
to be honest. i totally appreciate all your input. my cousin bought a 2008 corvette outta the states for a meager 63 can. and to buy here its 95.....

however. as a snowboarder most of the year....i really like that 2008 subaru wrx sti....kinda sold on that. i wanted a bmw 2008 m3 coupe...but i dunno if i could put a rack on it to put my snowboard on it..and driving around in the snow.. i dunno.

my sis had a suby. and i loved stealing it away from her and tossin' down huge spins in parking lots in 12 inches of snow. so

we'll have to see. might have to get my ass to van and go do some testdriving.

thank you all for you r
Lvl 22
my son has the STi,out standing ride!!! (he's had it for 5 months) 45K w/options,then he added more
dealer options hisself to save a buck or two

I've rode in it and as an old (school) I loved the performance/feel of it!!!!

one of the few rice burners that I do like !
Lvl 14
If you want to go brand new, get the new Vette from where ever. Get the full out race version where the Vette has the dry sump oiling system installed on it and the motor lowered to the ground and then top it off with a twin turbo kit.

You could potentially make an easy 1000 horses if done right.