Score: 4.00 Votes: 4
rate this

I Will Post Pictures Of Girls In Here. But, Also, Have Car Mod Questions.

Starter: Honda_X Posted: 12 years ago Views: 4.6K
  • Goto:
Lvl 28
I like cars. Some of the reason I showed up here is because I like cars....cars are neat. But, a lot of you don't talk about cars for whatever reason. I'm here to tear down that wall...This is a car thread, with questions and shit. If you don't post, I'll bump it with pictures of ladies... so hopefully some peeps will post, and HEAVEN FORBID!!! An actual conversation might break out.

Okay, my car is pretty fast..it has horsepowers and such, but since this car isn't the average kind of car I drive (sedan)...it's pretty slick, and has a reasonable tuner community behind it. I'm looking to spice it just lightly.

I do not want to lose drive-ability or have it sound like a pile of Honda. Which is ironic due to my screen name.

The two mods I am looking to install are a cat back exhaust, and a long tube cold air intake, which filters sit in front of the radiator. Optimal gains based on dyno sheets and a lot of the research I've put in reading other forums lead me to believe I could be getting upwards of 40whp doing this.

So, have you ever done anything like this? Does your car still sound cool? Mine has a nice sexy growl I like...if it ends up sounding all tinny and shitty like a civic I'm going to throw a midget through a very tiny plate glass window.

Also, should cost about 2k... which for roughly 40hp isn't really spitting in my face. Plus, the air intake beats some shitty panel filters anyway.

Cat back is about $1300

Long tube CIA is about $500

I can install the CIA myself, and I have a bunch of mechanic friends that could probably be fucked to install the catback for a case of awful beer.

I'm super on the fence. Also, I've looked into it, and with those two mods, air/fuel mixture should not be affected.

Thoughts on all that, personal experiences? Is your car tuned up at all? Do girls slobber all over your dick because of it? Shit, now I have to hotlink pics of girls, or I'll look like a liar.

Couldn't I just link to girls or something? Eh I'll just do it.

I just cleaned my hard drive...so now I have to plug that external HD in and hotlink off that. I hope you bros realized how annoying this is.

Lvl 28
Post stuff, bros!

Just post, even if it's just about anything. I want to meet people who seem nice.
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

Post stuff, bros!

Just post, even if it's just about anything. I want to meet people who seem nice.

I'm out
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by DEMO

I'm out

I said nice, not handsome.

I've no idea what any of that shit means and what has this got to do with naked chicks?
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Bubbles

I've no idea what any of that shit means and what has this got to do with naked chicks?

Hot car = hot nekkid chicks
Lvl 28
Literally zero help.
Lvl 8
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Bubbles

Word Brah!!! I'm with Mr. B on this..

Honda, do you drive a Honda.. I don't picture you do, but ummm...
Lvl 7
Not sure what type of car you have but I have modified many of my cars with cat back, cold air intakes and such. Depending on what kind of exhaust kit you buy, determines the sound. A cold air kit will help too, and some even sound cool when they are pushed. I have a 2010 SS Camaro and did all of this to it as soon as I brought it home from the dealer. It sounds bad ass and I picked up about 75 more HP with the tune as well. I have also did this to my 2007 Escalade as well and it sounds just as good as my Camaro's (I did the same thing to my Gen 4)... Send me a PM if you want to talk about it...
Lvl 17
Cars? Modding?

Erm....

Lvl 59
My car is modded, but it mostly came that way so I can't tell you what the cost was or how much improvement I got over it, although there is a noticeable difference in both the performance, handling and sound than you'll find in stock A6 2.7Ts.

Quote:

Thoughts on all that, personal experiences? Is your car tuned up at all? Do girls slobber all over your dick because of it? Shit, now I have to hotlink pics of girls, or I'll look like a liar.

Yes, yes they do. But, you know, I'm not really sure if that's due to the car or if it's due to me. Probably some of both. Like, if they were on the fence about me because--let's face it, I'm kind of dickish--and then they see the ride they're like, "Ooh, he can't be that bad." Or, if they saw the car and were like, "I think that's nice but it's got 4 doors and doesn't sound like a souped-up lawnmower so I'm not sure because I'm a typical dumb girl who knows nothing about cars but I do dot my "i"s with hearts" then it helps to add me into the equation.

So, yeah, not a big help, I guess.
Lvl 28
God I love your car.

Also, solid reasoning. Way to be awesome Dros.
Lvl 24
My car apparently sprung a leak in the coolant majig.
Tricky game, there car.
I can't go and get coolant without having coolant in my car already, so I can go and get coolant...
No personal experience here but I'll post some shit anyway. One of my first cars was an RX7 and all the goodies came with it, well good enough for me.. the girl slobber was a bonus too but that came anyway.. before and after I had the car . A buddy of mine lives for this stuff though and his beloved GTR's. I went to one of his dyno parties once and he did about 680hp, last time we spoke he mentioned something about getting 900hp with the stock driveshaft and axle or some crazy shit. I'm sure if I got his advice it would be "just fucking do it man, you won't regret it". Whether you achieve the desired result or not, you will get the experience and you can always flog the parts back off on ebay for no great loss if you have to.
Lvl 8
I love cars and trucks. Mostly lifted trucks that's mostly what I have owned as daily drivers with a few cars in the mix.
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by scrog

No personal experience here but I'll post some shit anyway. One of my first cars was an RX7 and all the goodies came with it, well good enough for me.. the girl slobber was a bonus too but that came anyway.. before and after I had the car . A buddy of mine lives for this stuff though and his beloved GTR's. I went to one of his dyno parties once and he did about 680hp, last time we spoke he mentioned something about getting 900hp with the stock driveshaft and axle or some crazy shit. I'm sure if I got his advice it would be "just fucking do it man, you won't regret it". Whether you achieve the desired result or not, you will get the experience and you can always flog the parts back off on ebay for no great loss if you have to.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

Also, bro has a current GTR? Or an older one?
Quote:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

Also, bro has a current GTR? Or an older one?

Older, R32.

Quote:
Originally posted by ldmiles

I love cars and trucks. Mostly lifted trucks that's mostly what I have owned as daily drivers with a few cars in the mix.

Same here but I haven't had a car for a while, my last ride and current one is a truck.
Lvl 28
Oh yeah, I often forget you're not an Ameribro...since you change your everything, every 30 seconds.

I was going to say "how the balls did he get one in the States" now this entire line of questioning is useless.

My bro swore up and down his uncle had one..turned out it was a Hyundai Tiberon. Oh lawd I lol'd.
Lvl 28
i say do it.. it will sound diffrent, but that also depends on what exhaust system you get.. it will also pick up some power witch never hurts...
Lvl 6
heres my ride .. lots of mods . its the silver one in the middle...
  • Goto: