Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

67 mustang purchase gone wrong

Starter: [Deleted] Posted: 16 years ago Views: 1.3K
For a long time my girlfriend has been wanting a vintage mustang. We found a nice 67 mustang on craigslist, and followed up with the purchase, she sold her 2006 tiburon, got the check, and we went to buy, we test drove the car, and it was a smooth ride. We decided we liked this one after seeing half a dozen crappy mustangs. so we bought it on monday with a cashiers check, we started driving home ,it was a hot day, the car was overheating a bit, but causing no problems, we got about 10 miles away, i went to make a lane change to the right at 30 mph, as i did this the driver side wheel went to the left as i went to the right. the wheel came right off, after the tow truck driver looked at it, he said its obvious whoever put the tire on last is at fault for not tightening it at all. Nothing broke, nothing was stripped. The damage is to the front driver side fender, the car landed on the rotor, the body didnt touch the ground. the fender was ripped right off the body. We dont nessisarily want a refund, but we are looking to get some help from the seller for the damage he caused through neglegance.

let me know what you think, everyone.

Lvl 8
that's fucked.
Lvl 7
Looks like I'd beat their ass!

Too bad.... most sales like this are sold "as is". Unless you got it from a dealership..... good luck getting help. Unless the guy you bought it from is a real big mustang fan and is a kind hearted person. Much luck to ya!
Lvl 17
That sucks, Big time! Sorry to hear about this.
Lvl 13
I don't agree that your are screwed. There is a concept of implied warranty, etc. These assurances are characterized as warranties irrespective of whether the seller has expressly promised them verbally or in writing. They include an implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. In your case you, as the buyer, have a right to expect that the item purchased is driveable without the wheel falling off. If he does not offer any recourse, take him to small claims court. I think you have an hands down case.
Lvl 7
After years in the auto industry and now in the legal field, I would try and talk to the seller first. If they give you a hard time, look into small claims court. The time line from the sale to the tire falling off is on your side. I wish you luck getting this taken care of.
Lvl 13
Check and see if the seller had any automobile insurance on it at the time he sold it to you. There may be coverage under his policy.
Lvl 37
This suxxors, for sure... But I have to admit. This fucked up situation along with the facial expression of the girl in your avy is classic!

EDIT: OMG... I guess there ARE cars on this site! Who knew!

BTW: If it was a Shelby, I'd sue the previous owner's pants off!
Lvl 10
buyer beware-

just curious- didn't you kick the fucking tires before you bought it? post some more pics! or pm me the craiglist links if you have none available.

oh and- what the fuck is a tiburon?
Lvl 29
Quote:
the facial expression of the girl in your avy is classic!

That's his girlfriend when the wheel fell off!!

Lvl 9
Man that sucks, The fender is not a big deal. But getting the red paint to match will give you a fit.May have to paint the whole car.
* This post has been modified : 16 years ago
Lvl 9
Wanna sell the car...hell I can pick up and fender around here for nothing and she will be purrrrring again, as for your mishap, sry dude. You can try, hope you get some results from seller. If they are any kind of person they should help you, if not, then I guess you have met one of the dickheads that make the world go around!!!
Lvl 11
well that's gonna take some hammering out with the ol' 2x4
Lvl 8
I saw your problem already when I saw the subject. It's a ford. A chevy would have magically floated till you got the car stopped and the wheel put back on. I hate it for you one way or another. Sounds like it's time to beat some sense into the idiot wheel man.
Lvl 21
I've heard some bad shit about craigs list
Lvl 11
never buy a car online.
Lvl 28
Damn that sucks, sorry mate.
Lvl 5
Tiburon is made by Hyundai. Yeah a Chevy would have floated...! Not bad looking car though. Bad trip about the fender falling off but it is a Ford. Was only a matter of time.