Score: 4.00 Votes: 4
rate this

2200 hp__0-60 in 1sec...

Starter: groezel Posted: 17 years ago Views: 4.5K
  • Goto:
Lvl 16
Quote:
Originally posted by FATHERTIME

good video.. it's still not the fastest car though... there are faster cars here...

Wake up, the video did not say it was the fastest car. Try again.
* This post has been modified : 17 years ago
Lvl 6
0 to 60 is that mph are kph
Lvl 6
i hope its mph's becuz 60 kph is only like 40 mph's
Lvl 19
I think it's mph. We inform it 0-100 km/h
Lvl 17
deffinately mph. about the american - european car debate, i am a big muscle car fan, and i would probably drive one if i could find one here, but i would deffinetly change the suspension and brakes. go from leaf-springs to some coil-overs and from drumbrakes to ventilated discs. that's about it.
and i don't think old cars are unsafe. when my car left the factory it didn't even have seat belts.
oldies are goldies, only if you drive them responsibly.
Lvl 21
Quote:
Originally posted by Psyche

deffinately mph. about the american - european car debate, i am a big muscle car fan, and i would probably drive one if i could find one here, but i would deffinetly change the suspension and brakes. go from leaf-springs to some coil-overs and from drumbrakes to ventilated discs. that's about it.
and i don't think old cars are unsafe. when my car left the factory it didn't even have seat belts.
oldies are goldies, only if you drive them responsibly.

oldies are just cars that remember you why we don't need assist braking, esp and all that electronic shit!
they demand more responsability from the driver. and off course when i've got the money, i will invest it in a musclecar but it has to have also a little bit of comfort too
that's why i liked my sisters first car so much (a '87 citroën visa) it only had a 650cc engine and flat out the top speed was a kamikaze 110km/h... it didn't even have powered brakes but at least you felt like you were driving the car, not like nowadays where the car drives you!
Jon, may I ask what kind of car you drive?
Lvl 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Situationeer

Jon, may I ask what kind of car you drive?

If you mean me, i drive a Vw Golf Gti, German Engineering, made in Germany, Refined in the u.k.
I know where it's from.

Another question though...

At what age did they start brainwashing you with Top Gear episodes?
Lvl 20
you know driving fast in a straight line isn't everything... the world has corners... and Top Gear shows cars that can handle corners, although the Bugatti Veyron (which they love no matter what) i heard can't corner for shit
Ya, well when Top Gear was bashing the ZO6 because of a "shitty" interior (probably because it didn't have a seude dash) they forgot to mention it's AMAZING time at Nurmburgring. I like Top Gear, but I do notice a huge fuckin bias that they have against American cars. I deffinently wouldn't use them as a final deciding point for any car.

What world has corners? The world of auto-cross? The world of rally racing? Well those cars can't go fast in a straight line! But then you can look at a car that runs a 8 second 1/4 mile and say it can't handle. But these cars are built only to go fast in the straight line. You build your car for what you want it to accomplish.

And as for the Buggatti comment. Ha.

That car is a fucking MACHINE!
Lvl 21
Quote:

Ya, well when Top Gear was bashing the ZO6 because of a "shitty" interior (probably because it didn't have a seude dash) they forgot to mention it's AMAZING time at Nurmburgring. I like Top Gear, but I do notice a huge fuckin bias that they have against American cars. I deffinently wouldn't use them as a final deciding point for any car.

What world has corners? The world of auto-cross? The world of rally racing? Well those cars can't go fast in a straight line! But then you can look at a car that runs a 8 second 1/4 mile and say it can't handle. But these cars are built only to go fast in the straight line. You build your car for what you want it to accomplish.

And as for the Buggatti comment. Ha.

That car is a fucking MACHINE!

yeah and european roads are just small windy sheets of asphalt while in the staes you only have long straights...
i prefer the windy roads though... a new view behind every corner
Lvl 17
Man I saw this car this morning and thought of this thread....

8 million dollars....!!!!!!! 8 eight 7+1 million. thats six zeroes !

http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1169903399/8_Million_Dollar_Car
Lvl 14
i dont know why people compair american cars and british cars. you have to look at WHY they were designed like they were. another example of this is motorcycles. look at an american motorcycle like harly and look at a honda sport bike. they were completely designed differntly because of where they are going to be driven in america wide open freeways long country roads now look at japan tight winding roads small city roads over crouded places. of coaurse now companies are learning from each other and your seeing alot of styles being intergated just like the automotive world. in the past few years american cars have been more intergrating the styles of other companies into their cars. mostly its japanise infulance though. its all apples and oranges at this point untill you start too see plenty of cross breeding
Quote:
Originally posted by fitbmxseries1

i dont know why people compair american cars and british cars. you have to look at WHY they were designed like they were. another example of this is motorcycles. look at an american motorcycle like harly and look at a honda sport bike. they were completely designed differntly because of where they are going to be driven in america wide open freeways long country roads now look at japan tight winding roads small city roads over crouded places. of coaurse now companies are learning from each other and your seeing alot of styles being intergated just like the automotive world. in the past few years american cars have been more intergrating the styles of other companies into their cars. mostly its japanise infulance though. its all apples and oranges at this point untill you start too see plenty of cross breeding

Exactly my point! If you want a car that hauls ass in a straight line, get an American car, if you want one that corners well, get a European car. But there are plenty of American and Euro cars that can do both i.e. Z06, Porsche 911 Turbo.
Lvl 4
Quote:
Originally posted by JonM

[reply=groezel]
[reply=JonM]
[reply=Ascaris]
[reply=JonM]
Better!! Simple as!
And dont ask for examples, as i could spend all day doing it.
the only thing that you do better is eat, and have New York, but remember it was named after York, in England!

OK, since it's European design, I find it better indeed.

BUT, many cars built in England has a huge amount of flaws nowadays.
[/reply]

True, basic family cars are shite, but our sports cars are second to none!
Lotus, dare, morgan, the list goes on, and all better than many other jokers!
[/reply]

not to forget TVR!!! Aston Martin!!! those are the best racers around!!!
(jaguar x220 is the hottest but too pricy)
[/reply]

Tvr are russian, aston martin is owned by ford, as is jaguar, so no longer british cars!
[/reply]

They are still british, just because the companies are owned by persons of a certain nationality doesnt mean they arent british. West ham, chelsea etc. Owned by foreigners but the are still english football teams, playing in the english premier league. Trying to say aston martin isnt english is inconceivable.
Quote:
Originally posted by .NeXuS.

[reply=JonM]
[reply=groezel]
[reply=JonM]
[reply=Ascaris]
[reply=JonM]
Better!! Simple as!
And dont ask for examples, as i could spend all day doing it.
the only thing that you do better is eat, and have New York, but remember it was named after York, in England!

OK, since it's European design, I find it better indeed.

BUT, many cars built in England has a huge amount of flaws nowadays.
[/reply]

True, basic family cars are shite, but our sports cars are second to none!
Lotus, dare, morgan, the list goes on, and all better than many other jokers!
[/reply]

not to forget TVR!!! Aston Martin!!! those are the best racers around!!!
(jaguar x220 is the hottest but too pricy)
[/reply]

Tvr are russian, aston martin is owned by ford, as is jaguar, so no longer british cars!
[/reply]

They are still british, just because the companies are owned by persons of a certain nationality doesnt mean they arent british. West ham, chelsea etc. Owned by foreigners but the are still english football teams, playing in the english premier league. Trying to say aston martin isnt english is inconceivable.
[/reply]

Very true.
Lvl 21
Quote:

[reply=.NeXuS.]

Very true.
[/reply]

indeed, i noticed we didn't say a thing about rolls, that is in the hands of Bmw as is mini, and those two are indeed beemers with a different body, but the spirit is still the same... and that's what it's all about i guess...
look at what audi did with Lamborghini: they made an all new supersportscar with the technology from audi, and they use it also to take audi to a higher level: the all new R8...
but british racers have a special place in my heart they're not carved with the italian flair, but with british craftsmanship. And that you see...
Lvl 12
Quote:
Originally posted by groezel

[reply=Situationeer]
[reply=.NeXuS.]

Very true.
[/reply]

indeed, i noticed we didn't say a thing about rolls, that is in the hands of Bmw as is mini, and those two are indeed beemers with a different body, but the spirit is still the same...[/reply]

They have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the original make of cars at all.
The Rolls do still keep up the luxury thing well, but as for it being British, The Phantom for example is just too big and brash to be anything else but German! (it was mainly made for the American and Middle Eastern Markets where taste isnt accounted for!)
And as for the Mini, thats just anoyther pop at being a retro cool item.
the Original mini was designed as a small affordable car, because The U.k needed that at the time, now, yes they are still small, but fucking hell they are expemsive, and far to luxury to be anything near the original concept of the mini!
Lvl 21
Quote:
Originally posted by JonM

They have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the original make of cars at all.
The Rolls do still keep up the luxury thing well, but as for it being British, The Phantom for example is just too big and brash to be anything else but German! (it was mainly made for the American and Middle Eastern Markets where taste isnt accounted for!)
And as for the Mini, thats just anoyther pop at being a retro cool item.
the Original mini was designed as a small affordable car, because The U.k needed that at the time, now, yes they are still small, but fucking hell they are expemsive, and far to luxury to be anything near the original concept of the mini!

i always thought that the mini was designed as the ultimate "kart"
a friend of mine owns one from '99 and is the first designed by BMW, but with the original body. I must say that is one hell of a car! and just recently i testdrove a new 2006 copper S, and it was nothing like the "old" one, but it certainly felt like one! That just is the reference in driving fun!
and to be honest, that is the sole purpose of a car: just for the fun of driving it!
  • Goto: