Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

Harddisk speakers

Starter: Sinister Posted: 20 years ago Views: 631
Lvl 15
A few months ago someone sended me the link below with a guy who made speakers out of a harddisk.. I watched the video's of it and wanted to know if it realy works...
So I took a old harddisk and read the instruction how to make one (on the site below is a manual) and made the first one...
Over 1 hour I managed to make one. Now test it.
I putted it onto my 230 Watt enhancer... Not much sound out of it.. I opened the volume completely and I blew the harddisk (all the plastik in it went up in fire ) but I had some sound..
Took a second harddisk and tried it.. I saw that this opne had iron heads and that the previous one had a rubber head with koper in it... This time I was finished in 20 minute4s because now I knew how to connect the shit...
Wanted to test the disk but was forrgotten that I blew my enhancer.. Went tot the shop to buy new fuses.. putted 4 new ones in and tried it... I had excelent metalic sound and with the volume only on 1/3 of my volume meter...

I putted some things with load basses on but left it on to long and the harddisk snapped into pieces, to many basses for a to long time...
I made a movie aswell but without sound and I have pictures of it, but if you would like them first check the site below... then ask for mine )

and have fun with the harddisk speakers it realy works...

" class="bbcode" rel="nofollow">http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~hsakr/hdspeakers/hdspeakers.htm
Lvl 15
Yesterday I decided I should hav a new set of speakers... SO in 15 minutes I made myself a new set of HD speakers This one is even giving the best sound I have had out of the plates
Lvl 12
I still prefer my kenwood 90w 3 way speakers