Score: 5.00 Votes: 6
rate this

Status update on the new WhatBoysWant

Starter: Diz-X Posted: 11 years ago Views: 4.6K
  • Goto:
Lvl 25
So when is WhatBoysWant 2018 RT Ultimate Edition with Metro UI due?
Wow this has been a work in progress.

The beta is looking cool..minus the transparent scrolling table with wallpaper background...kinda reminds me of myspace...however it's got that social media look which can be a good thing since that's all the rave these days.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Kanzen

So when is WhatBoysWant 2018 RT Ultimate Edition with Metro UI due?

As you said, 2018...
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Enigz

Wow this has been a work in progress.

The beta is looking cool..minus the transparent scrolling table with wallpaper background...kinda reminds me of myspace...however it's got that social media look which can be a good thing since that's all the rave these days.

Still working on the layout, the background can be changed in your own profile, and the profile as it is will be changed. Always open for good suggestions.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X

As you said, 2018...

Quote:

Still working on the layout, the background can be changed in your own profile, and the profile as it is will be changed. Always open for good suggestions.

That is awesome. Looking forward to the new WBW frontier. Thanks for responding.
Lvl 17
Quote:

You like the old WBW more? or the newest beta?

Newest beta looks A LOT better than the last beta.

Good work!
Lvl 22
Im having trouble entering the site. It seems I have to find "back doors" in order to get in, ie Ill search "Whatboyswant server chewbaccca" and sign back in. Very troubling, hope im not the only one..
Lvl 70
As I already said, the site looks really good but is there a way or a place to reports bugs ?

Also the first thing I noticed is a problem with the font size of the menu that tend to render some letter incorrectly.
Here's a screenshot :

As you can see some letters like the "a" or "e" have missing parts making it unpleasant to read. If I zoom in or out with my browser, the problem is solved so maybe changing the font size a little might solve the issue.
For info, I'm using firefox 16.0.1 on a 1920x1080 monitor.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by omuh

As I already said, the site looks really good but is there a way or a place to reports bugs ?

Also the first thing I noticed is a problem with the font size of the menu that tend to render some letter incorrectly.
Here's a screenshot :
[ Link ]

As you can see some letters like the "a" or "e" have missing parts making it unpleasant to read. If I zoom in or out with my browser, the problem is solved so maybe changing the font size a little might solve the issue.
For info, I'm using firefox 16.0.1 on a 1920x1080 monitor.

Windows XP/Vista/7 ? Looks like a web-font related issue.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy!

Newest beta looks A LOT better than the last beta.

Good work!

the question now is, what do you think of the new beta in relation to the current live site? Does it have potential?
Lvl 70
Quote:

Windows XP/Vista/7 ? Looks like a web-font related issue.

Still on windows XP

Same problem on a windows Vista Laptop (Firefox 16, 1280x800)
Lvl 25
Quote:

Still on windows XP

Same problem on a windows Vista Laptop (Firefox 16, 1280x800)

Can you tell me if it is better now?
Lvl 70
Quote:

Can you tell me if it is better now?

Yep, problem solved !

If I find other bugs, do I post them here or somewhere else ?
Lvl 25
Quote:

Yep, problem solved ! [ Image ]

If I find other bugs, do I post them here or somewhere else ?

Need to start a beta test topic :P LoLz! Fixed the bugs in the tag system. only need to add the newest tags..
Lvl 40
Diz, wasn't the new site meant to have support to play movies in iOS 6??? ... Because that isn't working at the moment ???
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by BWT

Diz, wasn't the new site meant to have support to play movies in iOS 6??? ... Because that isn't working at the moment ???

I should work with the newest movies.
  • Goto: