Score: 3.33 Votes: 3
rate this

Ratings

Starter: 4EagleNest20 Posted: 1 year ago Views: 771
Lvl 15
I think I rate pictures on a tougher scale than most other members. It is not my intention to bring photo ratings down, I just follow a set guideline to help me establish some consistency in ratings:
10 - absolute perfection. Incredibly rare
9 - amazing. (since I don't give out many 10s, a 9 is a fantastic rating.)
8 - really, really outstanding.
7 - pretty terrific. much better than average, on the verge of greatness.
6 - above average.
5 - average.
4 - slightly below average.
3 - not very good.
2 - very bad.
1 - awful. total revulsion.

There are very few examples of perfection in life, so 10s should be very few, which makes a 9 amazing. The difference between 6-8 is pretty subjective, but I generally try to base these off the quality of photo, overall attractiveness of the subject, and what exactly she is showing off - but its not so simple as this picture shows a pussy, so it automatically gets more points than this other picture that just shows tits. Most things in life fall in the 4-6 range, and with 5 being totally average, I don't see a 5 as a negative number - nothing particularly noteworthy about it, but nothing wrong with it either. I look at a 4 as decent; its not great, but I'm not repulsed by it either, maybe just some slight flaws keeping it from being a 5.

Am I just overthinking rating pictures of women, or do y'all have similar systems/criteria for rating photos?
commandercody33, vegas365, nok_nok, [Deleted] and 3 other(s) find this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by 4EagleNest20
I Am I just overthinking rating pictures of women, or do y'all have similar systems/criteria for rating photos?

if you were on a Spotify type system, based on your ratings you would be served pictures you would immediately favorite.
some of us members rate only 1 or 10( thumb up or down). nice conversation, thanks for sharing.
[Deleted] finds this awesome.
Lvl 24
I also seldom give out 10's. I mainly give out 9's and a few 8's, mostly because if a thumbnail doesn't look interesting to me, I don't click on it.
[Deleted], Snozz_69, theJoker4, greenmanone find this awesome.
Lvl 22
If I'm willing to mark it as a favorite, I will give it a 10. Lesser rankings depend on my subjective take on both the shot and the woman in the picture. I admit my rankings tend to be skewed. Rather than give a poor ranking, I may just pass on a picture and not rank it at all.
* This post has been modified : 1 year ago
Lvl 8
Well put I use to give 7-9 quite a lot, but then went down the route of 5 as average now and I mark a lot fairer using your sort of scale.

Also if they don’t show there face or are not naked I can’t go higher than a 5 as they could be pig ugly with just a fit body..
nok_nok finds this awesome.
Lvl 16
Very rarely do I rate above 8. I rate the picture, more than the woman, which is to say that the woman may be a 9 but the picture doesn't do her justice. Or, occasionally, the picture might make her look better than she actually is.
Lvl 24
10 is an instant hardon! very rarely, i mean VERY rarely given!
9 is an absolute beauty, going straight to the favs.
8 and 7 is nice, great to see!
any rate below 7 is not given, I just think it's not fair to rate down just because the women / pic is not my style.

except pictures with weapons (wtf is sexy about a gun) and pics where passed out women are being photographed! these are rated with nothing but a 1.
[Deleted], Andi.d find this awesome.
Lvl 20
is simple double standards, low ratings
Lvl 5
Quote:
Originally posted by Sumo999
Well put I use to give 7-9 quite a lot, but then went down the route of 5 as average now and I mark a lot fairer using your sort of scale.

Also if they don’t show there face or are not naked I can’t go higher than a 5 as they could be pig ugly with just a fit body..

I don't go below a 7. I found too many people revenge vote. If they are not at least topless, I don't even bother looking at the photos, so I don't vote on them either. If they don't show face, I vote on what they do show. I understand some people don't want their family, friends and coworkers recognizing them. Or you could be right and other parts of them are unattractive, but good for them for finding the right angle, lighting, zoom. It takes talent and patience to photograph a 5 to look like a 7.
exocet, realwilo find this awesome.
Lvl 15
It looks like we presently have a few people who take delight in hitting the “1” button. I’m going to ignore them.
greenmanone finds this awesome.
Lvl 15
nice to see so many of you to be of a similar opinion. there's the balance of rating the quality of the photo vs. the quality of the woman
exocet, realwilo, greenmanone find this awesome.
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by 4EagleNest20
there's the balance of rating the quality of the photo vs. the quality of the woman

correct!
on the other hand I don't really care about ratings of my own pics. sometimes I post pics of my wife just because knowing that other men can see her naked turns me on. my wife is not a model (anymore) and I'm a lousy photographer, so the ratings may not be too high