Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

file type now png

Starter: wiguy25 Posted: 10 years ago Views: 5.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 70
Ok I just tried on IE and I also had only png and bmp option for pictures. Doesn't do that on other sites. So I guess there is a problem with IE and WBW.
I can suggest you to try out a decent browser (anything but IE basically ) while it's being fixed.
Lvl 11
how many people here use internet explorer?
Quote:
Originally posted by wiguy25

I'm not sure, maybe Diz could dig that statistic out, but my guess would be not very many.
Lvl 19
I have the same issue when I use IE as well...It's just started in the last few weeks... I prefer Firefox.. but stuck running IE for some bs work applications... It's intermittent... very odd...
Lvl 28
Quote:

Hopefully there soon will be none. As I'm hoping you're currently the only one and will finally get something decent.
Lvl 21
Quote:
Originally posted by omuh
Ok I just tried on IE and I also had only png and bmp option for pictures. Doesn't do that on other sites. So I guess there is a problem with IE and WBW.
I can suggest you to try out a decent browser (anything but IE basically ) while it's being fixed.

Happened to me on Firefox (26) with Win7, but I also had the option of saving as JPG. Default, however, was PNG. Never happened until a few weeks ago, and it was only on a small handful of pics.
Lvl 14
Just add .jpg at the end of the file name. Your machine will save it as as jpg.

This happens on occasion to my machine, here and on other sites. Typically, closing the IE session and going back to the page clears the issue.
Lvl 25
Still a bug from microsoft! Has been there for ages, but will look into it and try to fix it very soon.
Lvl 11
thanks
Lvl 11
any news on fixing this
Lvl 70
Quote:
any news on fixing this

As it's been said before, it's an IE problem.
Here is more information about the issue : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810978

And a short way to fix it for IE7 or 8
Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Internet Explorer Settings

Click the Reset button

check the box Delete Personal Settings

Click Reset and restart IE.
Lvl 16
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X
Still a bug from microsoft! Has been there for ages, but will look into it and try to fix it very soon.

I've seen this in the past (in other sites too - not ALL sites but other sites when trying to snag pictures) and I could resolve the issue by clearing my IE cache. Once cache is cleared, it will behave as expected and you can save in native (jpg or whatever) format. Once IE is in the mode of kicking old content out of the cache it does its own process of converting bulkier images to a more efficient version.

So IMHO, take a look at options and clear the cache as a test. I can't speak for your exact version of IE but for me it is TOOLS >> INTERNET OPTIONS >> BROWSING HISTORY / SETTINGS >> CACHE and then clear or enlarge the space allowed by the cache.

EDIT: sorry my info might be a repeat, I stopped reading when I quoted Diz-X and replied with my experience.
Lvl 11
Hey omuh

Tried what you said and had to do a restore on my laptop thanks alot
dogdude finds this awesome.
Lvl 70
Quote:
Hey omuh

Tried what you said and had to do a restore on my laptop thanks alot

I don't know how resetting your browser settings could lead to a system restore... You must have done something wrong lol
dogdude finds this awesome.
Lvl 11
every other site I go to works just fine
Lvl 11
I don't want to lose my Personal Settings. fix the site
Lvl 11
I see you still don't have this fixed. it been going on for two years
Lvl 70
Quote:

Update your browser maybe? Or switch to a proper one, like Firefox or Chrome.
The issue isn't coming from the website so can't be fixed there...
Lvl 2
Quote:

I believe its like this, old IE had all web content in one temporary folder, from experience I use to copy from temp-folder then delete folder contents. I know if page is open and contents deleted, the save as will be bmp not jpeg as image is not in folder but stored in memory, to get image a reload was needed.
New IE uses many different temp folders so clear all content open IE on webpage then open Temp-folder to see if image is there.
-edit: Ive seen new-IE store same images in a few temp-folders re-downloading them so not using the catch image.
My guess is some privacy setting, private browser.
Best solution Firefox
  • Goto: