CURRENT STATS

Images awaiting moderation: 8,378
Images rejected (last 7 days): 3,213
Images accepted (last 7 days): 12,812

Current approx. wait time: 0.52 weeks
* This post has been modified : 4 years ago
Diz-X finds this awesome.
Lvl 9
Excellent idea though it doesn't give us any sight of the end of the tunnel!!
Lvl 75
Quote:
Originally posted by 1awesome
Excellent idea though it doesn't give us any sight of the end of the tunnel!!

Well it informs you that at the current rate of moderation, images should be uploaded/rejected within 1 week of adding them to the queue.

One of the main queries is "when will my images be moderated?" and this hopefully gives some insight.

The moderation levels do fluctuate so of course the wait time can increase/decrease week on week, but at least it's some information rather than nothing at all.
* This post has been modified : 4 years ago
Lvl 75
CURRENT STATS

Images awaiting moderation: 6,168
Images rejected (last 7 days): 3,048
Images accepted (last 7 days): 11,830

Current approx. wait time: 0.41 weeks
Diz-X, pete7701 find this awesome.
Lvl 37
[reply=The_Sentinel]Shutting the queue wouldn't really help with anything - the same amount of pictures would get moderated and then the site would have less of a pipeline. The oldest pictures in the queue are moderated first, so the queue growing doesn't mean your images are less likely to be processed. The idea of this thread is just to give people an idea of how many images are in the queue currently, so they can see how many need to be moderated before we get to the ones they've just uploaded.

How dense can you be? If you shut down the queue until it was empty you wouldn't have a 15,000 pic backlog. Then the moderators might be able to keep up with uploads on a daily basis. Even if it built up again, just shut down the queue and catch up.
Lvl 75
Quote:
Originally posted by strictguy
[reply=The_Sentinel]Shutting the queue wouldn't really help with anything - the same amount of pictures would get moderated and then the site would have less of a pipeline. The oldest pictures in the queue are moderated first, so the queue growing doesn't mean your images are less likely to be processed. The idea of this thread is just to give people an idea of how many images are in the queue currently, so they can see how many need to be moderated before we get to the ones they've just uploaded.

How dense can you be? If you shut down the queue until it was empty you wouldn't have a 15,000 pic backlog. Then the moderators might be able to keep up with uploads on a daily basis. Even if it built up again, just shut down the queue and catch up.

I think it's fairly evident who has density issues here.

Shutting the queue doesn't mean more images get moderated. The free time each moderator has varies from week to week (because they have lives, jobs, family etc.), so sometimes this can increase to 3 weeks (for example).

Say the queue was closed for a week and we got down to 0 images waiting - as soon as the queue is re-opened, all those people with images they wanted to upload over the previous week would now do so, and the queue would return to exactly how it was. Having a "backlog" isn't an issue in my opinion, it's actually what the site wants (constant pipeline of images coming through etc.). What we have needed are more moderators who can help, thus bringing the time from upload to moderation down even further.

The idea of this particular thread is to keep users informed as to how long, roughly, it currently takes for us to get to their uploads.

Also, don't be a dick just because I replied to your original comment with my own views.
Lvl 75
CURRENT STATS

Images awaiting moderation: 6,023
Images rejected (last 7 days): 2,878
Images accepted (last 7 days): 10,096

Current approx. wait time: 0.46 weeks
Lvl 37
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Sentinel
I think it's fairly evident who has density issues here.

Shutting the queue doesn't mean more images get moderated. The free time each moderator has varies from week to week (because they have lives, jobs, family etc.), so sometimes this can increase to 3 weeks (for example).

Say the queue was closed for a week and we got down to 0 images waiting - as soon as the queue is re-opened, all those people with images they wanted to upload over the previous week would now do so, and the queue would return to exactly how it was. Having a "backlog" isn't an issue in my opinion, it's actually what the site wants (constant pipeline of images coming through etc.). What we have needed are more moderators who can help, thus bringing the time from upload to moderation down even further.

The idea of this particular thread is to keep users informed as to how long, roughly, it currently takes for us to get to their uploads.

Also, don't be a dick just because I replied to your original comment with my own views.

I'm not being a dick you ass! Try using some common sense! Not everyone who uploads pics is going to be waiting the moment you open it back up. The queue will build up slower giving the mods a chance to at least try to keep up. It should also cut down the time they have to wait for their pics to be posted. All a large queue does is extend the time from uploading to posting. Even if the queue does build back up, just shut it down far a day or two again. It won't kill any of the members to wait a day or two before they can post. Its pretty simple, or is it too difficult for you to comprehend?
Lvl 75
Quote:
I'm not being a dick you ass! Try using some common sense! Not everyone who uploads pics is going to be waiting the moment you open it back up. The queue will build up slower giving the mods a chance to at least try to keep up. It should also cut down the time they have to wait for their pics to be posted. All a large queue does is extend the time from uploading to posting. Even if the queue does build back up, just shut it down far a day or two again. It won't kill any of the members to wait a day or two before they can post. Its pretty simple, or is it too difficult for you to comprehend?

Shutting the queue is a tricky concept to understand.

I'm not saying you are wrong with your suggestion, shutting the queue will definitely stop it from rising... However if "user1" has 100 images he wants to upload and finds the queue is closed, he will probably just wait until it reopens and upload the 100 images then. Multiply this by 100 users and the queue jumps to 10,000 images immediately (I did the math for you there).

So there is no difference to just allowing the queue to build up over time - other than the odd user might see the queue is closed and then never actually upload their images at all, so the site loses out. So rather than closing the upload facility every few days, why not just get more moderators involved that can help reduce the queue AND get more images onto the site?

Images are moderated in chronological order, so the sooner an image is uploaded, the sooner it will be on the site (or rejected).
[Deleted] finds this awesome.
Lvl 75
CURRENT STATS

Images awaiting moderation: 5,321
Images rejected (last 7 days): 3,060
Images accepted (last 7 days): 9,981

Current approx. wait time: 0.41 weeks (wait time shortened by 0.05 weeks)
[Deleted], shawn314 find this awesome.
Lvl 16
Nice job catching up. I had no idea how many were submitted each week, the "repost check", rejection needs and finally, acceptance. Quite the workload. Appreciate the efforts.
The_Sentinel, Diz-X, [Deleted], slider58 find this awesome.
Lvl 26
Quote:

I love how you pretend to know more about this business than the moderators. Also, what you're suggesting will just trade off one issue for another. There would be an uproar if they shut down uploading for say 2 days out of every week. There's nothing wrong with a queue and there's nothing wrong with the wait time. Just upload and relax. Or don't. No one really cares.
cartoon8, The_Sentinel, Diz-X, Teensandcocks find this awesome.
Lvl 75
CURRENT STATS

Images awaiting moderation: 0
Images rejected (last 7 days): 4,204
Images accepted (last 7 days): 14,404

Current approx. wait time: same day
Diz-X, cartoon8, dnp_cd, Teensandcocks find this awesome.
Lvl 16
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Sentinel
CURRENT STATS

Images awaiting moderation: 0
Images rejected (last 7 days): 4,204
Images accepted (last 7 days): 14,404

CONGRATS !!!!!!
Diz-X, Stage_Man, The_Sentinel, azdesertrat find this awesome.
Lvl 75
CURRENT STATS

Images awaiting moderation: 1,035
Images rejected (last 7 days): 4,460
Images accepted (last 7 days): 15,033

Lvl 75
CURRENT STATS

Images awaiting moderation: 2,643
Images rejected (last 7 days): 4,377
Images accepted (last 7 days): 11,398

Current approx. wait time: within 48 hours