Score: 4.07 Votes: 14
rate this

My girlfriend wants to start glamour modeling

Starter: jetjaguar Posted: 14 years ago Views: 14.2K
  • Goto:
Lvl 6
I am a semi-amateur photographer - I do a lot of comp cards and portfolio shots for local models.
Depending on the kind of work she's looking for, the ink may or may not be a detractor... but a halfway decent photoshop artist could edit that out.

Generally, models have several portfolios, each geared for a certain kind of work.

She is a beautiful girl, very attractive features! I think she could pull off a variety of looks. What kind of work is she interested in doing?
Lvl 8
Hi Aristophanes69 She is up for most types of modeling including underware beach ware topless and nude tho nothing hardcore but would consider girl on girl we are uk based now ) sorry need to update my profile from ru) so you think she have potentential yes?
Lvl 8
We have posted some pics on the voyeurweb site under the name sugar25 thay should be on in the next few days so look out for them and get voteing thanks
Lvl 13
Can we get a preview pic here?
Lvl 8
Many thanks to honda x nice one mate
Lvl 8
To all we are uk based sorry for not updating my profile for so long
Lvl 40
I do a lot of photography work for various different media types in New Zealand (print, web etc) and different forms (human. landscapes, animals etc)
One of the most important things is to have a really "strong" and well presented portfolio taken with a decent hi res camera, especially if you are approaching model agencies. Have sets of good clean photos in a few different environments / settings. This will always give you a good advantage. One thing I really hate is looking at a portfolio that only has one lot pics in the same environment or that have low quality shitty pics and that happens quite a bit.

Your girl has potential to be a really good glamour model, particularly in alternate style photo shoots. As for the tattoos/piercings. a lot of people dont like them and will turn her down because of it. But there is a growing industry in the alternate style. I like girls with tattoos/piercings and have done a fair bit of alternate style shoots. I think that it can give photos more character. You can also use tools to either hide them using make up concealers or after the shoot using photoshop etc.

Even though we on opposite sides of the world, if you guys need advice etc don't hesitate to send me a PM.

And I hope you decide to post some more pics to WBW in the future
* This post has been modified : 14 years ago
Lvl 7
She is very nice, she would be a great model.
* This post has been modified by BWT : 14 years ago
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by BWT

I do a lot of photography work for various different media types in New Zealand (print, web etc) and different forms (human. landscapes, animals etc)
One of the most important things is to have a really "strong" and well presented portfolio taken with a decent hi res camera, especially if you are approaching model agencies. Have sets of good clean photos in a few different environments / settings. This will always give you a good advantage. One thing I really hate is looking at a portfolio that only has one lot pics in the same environment or that have low quality shitty pics and that happens quite a bit.

Your girl has potential to be a really good glamour model, particularly in alternate style photo shoots. As for the tattoos. a lot of people dont like them and will turn her down because of it. But there is a growing industry in the alternate style. I like girls with tattoos and have done a fair bit of alternate style shoots. I think that it can give photos more character. You can also use tools to either hide them using make up concealers or after the shoot using photoshop etc.

Even though we on opposite sides of the world, if you guys need advice etc don't hesitate to send me a PM.

And I hope you decide to post some more pics to WBW in the future

I've been looking to do some modeling...can I send you a PM bro?

Lvl 40
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

I've been looking to do some modeling...can I send you a PM bro?

As long as you promise not to bring RD with you this time
Lvl 3
I am an alternative life style and gothic photographer. I believe she has a great amount of potential and would love to work with her sometime. She is very beautiful and would never want to see her cover the tattoos or cover the piercings. If you have a basic portfolio I would suggest a couple of sites that she could use that I post to alot and find quite a few models on.
Not sure if I can post the names here or not so hit me up and I can tell you.
Lvl 27
She should be able to get all kinds of work, except again for the tats. Have her use some base make-up to cover them up and get her portfolio ready to rock and she should be ready to go!

Good luck!

And tell her she still loves me!
Lvl 8
Thanks guys for all the input you all have given some great advice and boosted her confidence no end Thankyou will keep you all informed
Lvl 6
Yes, I definitely think she has a great deal of potential.
The first step is to have a local photographer do a nice variety of shots; geared of course to the kind of work she wants. I would go to several photographers, as each has his own style, strengths, and weaknesses. At least here in the U.S., there is a glut of photographers, and it's easy to find someone who will shoot for TFCD.

Once she has a decent portfolio, she should set up an account with one of the modeling websites. I am a member of two of them, but I won't mention the names here. The port should only consist of her best 12-15 shots. But again, she might consider multiple portfolios for different kinds of work.

From there, offers for TFCD should roll in... get the best deals you can, take advantage of photographers who have a working relationship with a makeup artist (my sister does makeup work for me), and continually improve on your portfolio. Start answering casting calls on said professional photo/model sites.

Let me know if I can be of any help!

Quote:
Originally posted by jetjaguar

Hi Aristophanes69 She is up for most types of modeling including underware beach ware topless and nude tho nothing hardcore but would consider girl on girl we are uk based now ) sorry need to update my profile from ru) so you think she have potentential yes?
Lvl 13
Quote:
Originally posted by jetjaguar

We have posted some pics on the voyeurweb site under the name sugar25 thay should be on in the next few days so look out for them and get voteing thanks

Have these been posted there yet? That site is a bit confusing, I don't see them..
Lvl 5
You can see it under private shots, todays contributions (19th) "*LI First Pics" great shots!!
Lvl 7
I think not
Lvl 6
Got as much chance as many other girls. Just needs some professional hair, make up, etc. Even now I'm attracted to her. Doubt if she's bi though.
Lvl 15
i dont think she should give up the day job.
Lvl 16
i cant make up my mind, i need to see ass pics to come to a conclusion!
  • Goto: