Score: 3.58 Votes: 12
rate this

Frequently Asked Questions & Help

Starter: Cobrian Posted: 20 years ago Views: 160.4K
  • Goto:
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by SpeeDeaThrash

Does 7-Zip do WinRAR files? I never paid to use WinZip or other unzip utils, and Windows XP does unzip compressed files I thought

7zip does work with Rar riles, according to their site at least.

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeeDeaThrash

On the issue of points, these seem to equate to each minute of video, If you have no videos to upload, you can't earn points as a free-member, I like the site and advocate it word-of-mouth, but that pretty much sucks I think. Forgive any lack of knowledge on my part regarding the video aspects above, it's new stuff for me, by and large

The credit system is being developed for other sections of the site, and if you wish to earn credits find and report duplicate and pro pics in the galleries. One legitimate reported pic equals one credit.
* This post has been modified : 16 years ago
Lvl 10
As per duplicate pics, that is not the same as Reposts? I have seen that in just about all graphic pix forums! If a server is changed or down though, that can often be a blessing if it was saved. I am setting up yet another PC I bought, all new needed software of course, so rather then hunting and pecking, it's nice to find the apps that do the most for free, or nominal fee, but most I have found work great at no Cost, like Apple Quicktime
Lvl 24
Yes? Unless of course the reposts were not actually reposts, and thus could never have been, but could in the future, depending on the uploading tendencies of the members be classified as duplicates.

And I'm happy for you.

...Did I miss something?
Lvl 13
http://www.[blacklisted]/2229655843/
Lvl 10
Ah, I recently just found Wimpy FLV player, what a cool freebie, highly recommended to you folks having problems and want to play Flash Video on your HDD.
I was trying to say Re-posts as people posting pics found in the newly added this week column for example... ones I can recall seeing here some time back.
BILL
Lvl 8
I'm having problems posting here.
I've copied caps straight from imagevenue and pasted into my post, but when I preview the post the caps do not show up. What am I doing wrong? This is what I last tried (minus the *'s):

[*URL=http://img166.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc33&image=58089_thumbs20070710105009_123_33lo.jpg][*IMG]http://img166.imagevenue.com/loc33/th_58089_thumbs20070710105009_123_33lo.jpg[/*IMG][/*URL]

thanks
Lvl 11

You are doing everything right, except there is a bug with "preview" and hotlinked images. Don't use "preview" before you post your message.
Lvl 8
Thanks. I was really hesitant about posting before I was sure everything was OK.
Lvl 9
Thank you, man.
Lvl 12
hi there, have recently become a sponser member and am quite new to the site. am trying to watch some of the videos posted on the movie forum. when i click on the link to download it takes me to rapid share and i can't seem to download the movie. can you help!!! thanks
Lvl 14
Hey there i got a nice short movie of a chick on webcam. Only its in flv file so i cant get any screenshots with Image grabber anyone here who can help me??
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve44x

hi there, have recently become a sponser member and am quite new to the site. am trying to watch some of the videos posted on the movie forum. when i click on the link to download it takes me to rapid share and i can't seem to download the movie. can you help!!! thanks

If you could please take a screenshot of the Rapidshare page, or describe the issue a little differently that might help in determining a proper answer. There are a few reasons why Rapidshare might not work for you, or just appear not to be working.

Quote:
Originally posted by pinozzz

Hey there i got a nice short movie of a chick on webcam. Only its in flv file so i cant get any screenshots with Image grabber anyone here who can help me??

FLV files can be played in the VLC media player, which also has screenshot capabilities.

VLC can be found at this link:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Lvl 12
I downloaded the first part of a video called "H_G_P_S_a_M.part1.rar" but lost the link to the thread with the second one. Since there is no search-function, can anybody help finding it? Thanks.
Lvl 11
Is there a utility to combine multiple video files (WMA) into one? I've downloaded 15 to 20 parts of a good vid, but I'd like to combine it before uploading
Lvl 6
hello, i know that posting videos with watermarks from pro/pay sites are not allowed, but is it okay to post videos with watermark from youtube and similar sites? like deleted videos and stuff

davewa, try virtual dub. open the first file, then choose the append avi segment. of course, you have to convert to avi first.
Lvl 6
i got a Q if an admin could pm me about it - i've found some nice amateur vids on another site, but noticed they were posted in the babes movie gallery - but not in a thread in the forum - can i UL them to rapidshare and share the links or would that be considered a repost or frowned upon? thanks.
Lvl 5
[everyone point and scoff at the noob] ...so if i painstakingly take the time to slowly work up credits and finally have enough to watch a movie, i can only watch it once? or do i have repeated access to it? i know i could become a sponsor member, but being a full-time college student i'd rather have money for dinner.
Lvl 8
Why is alex_upload dot com (without the underscore) black listed?
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by JonReremy

[everyone point and scoff at the noob] ...so if i painstakingly take the time to slowly work up credits and finally have enough to watch a movie, i can only watch it once? or do i have repeated access to it? i know i could become a sponsor member, but being a full-time college student i'd rather have money for dinner.

You can download the movie with your credits...then like, have it forever.

Quote:
Originally posted by theboxer

Why is alex_upload dot com (without the underscore) black listed?

I dunno.
Lvl 26
Is it just me or is it pretty normal for a 5 to 8 minute video to take up to 2 to 4 hours to upload?
The files are pretty big, around 120mb to 350mb but then after waiting the entire time, the video I try to upload only makes it into que about 1 out of every 4 times. Which means 25% of the time I end up having to try again.

I never had a problem when I uploaded videos I just found around the internet, it would only take maybe 20 minutes if it was a big file. This only started doing this when I started uploaded my own homevids that I made with my girl. Could they be the wrong format or something? Or do I need to somehow make them smaller?

The video I've been trying to upload all day and have failed 3 times now is about 6 minutes long, 291 mb, Movie Clip (.mpg)
  • Goto: