Score: 5.00 Votes: 6
rate this

Slow site?

Starter: meem Posted: 13 years ago Views: 5.4K
  • Goto:
Lvl 15
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X

Can you guys specify on what servers you have slow loading?

I've always found WBW to be a very slow site. It's not so much opening pages with thumbnails as opening the actual pictures. Sometimes it says page loaded in .0789 seconds, but that just isn't accurate. If I can count from when I click on a thumbnail, one thousand and one, one thousand and two, one thousand and three, one thousand and four, one thousand and five, one thousand and six... before can actually see the full picture - that's slow. Sometimes the pictures open like it was the old days, and you get the picture one inch at a time.

I just now checked the bottom of the page as I opened a picture and it said #
# Current server: SkyWalker - Page loaded in 8.0408 seconds

That makes browsing kind of a pain in the ass.
Lvl 15
Looks like it is indeed random ... on Chewbacca server now and it's sloooow.
And thanx for looking into it ... it was/is really getting a bit annoying
Lvl 7
I'm not having any problems on any servers but if I do I'll take note and post it here...
Lvl 15
On server SkyWalker now ... and it's terrible ... pages not loading at all and if they load, it takes 30 seconds or more before all is done. And again: the pages don't load or soooo slow ... but when downloading a movie to my hd, it goes like a rocket ....
Lvl 23
i have this site running slow to but has any 1 else had this 1?

for the last 2 or 3 days every time i log on to WBW my AVG writes up ROGUE SCANNER block in god almighty big letters and i am not connected to any thing else at the time.

has any one else had this or is it just me?
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by tingtong29

for the last 2 or 3 days every time i log on to WBW my AVG writes up ROGUE SCANNER block in god almighty big letters and i am not connected to any thing else at the time.

Hmm... sounds like that needs to be looked into. I'll let some folks know.
Lvl 7
Quote:

I have AVG too, but disabled the link scanner, so I can't be sure. I think it might be because of the adult content on this site. We aren't running any malicious scripts (conveniently ignoring Google Analytics).

I will install the link scanner tomorrow to have a look and to see if I can do anything about it. Anyway, probably nothing to be afraid of.
tbh i havent had a prob on the site and i go on at all diffrent times of the day
Lvl 35
Current server: Chewbacca - Page loaded in 12.5529 seconds
Lvl 16
I have this same problem last 3-4 weeks also with IE 8. Pics are loading slowly etc.
Lvl 30
No problems Downunder. Current server: Chewbacca - Page loaded in 0.1655 seconds.
Lvl 29
Thumbnails of movie pictures not showing up for me lately, just the red X symbol. Happening on all servers except chewbacca for me lately. Site has been slow in general for me last month or so.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by pdxal

Thumbnails of movie pictures not showing up for me lately, just the red X symbol. Happening on all servers except chewbacca for me lately. Site has been slow in general for me last month or so.

We are looking into these issues and trying to fix this a.s.a.p.
Lvl 29
Thanks Diz-X.
Lvl 15
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X

We are looking into these issues and trying to fix this a.s.a.p.

Cool
Do you want any more reports on the servers or is it not needed anymore?
Just in case: very slow on server SkyWalker - Page loaded in 3.5319 seconds ... which is not right cause it took around 20 seconds.
Lvl 23
[reply=Phally]

I have AVG too, but disabled the link scanner, so I can't be sure. I think it might be because of the adult content on this site. We aren't running any malicious scripts (conveniently ignoring Google Analytics).

I will install the link scanner tomorrow to have a look and to see if I can do anything about it. Anyway, probably nothing to be afraid of.

just logged in for first time to day and happened again but will trust you on this 1 as does not seem to be effecting me in any way at all. more annoying than any thing
I noticed some slowness few days ago also, I thought it was my ISP. Today it seems to run fast.

I also noticed it's taking me longer to blow my load, I don't know if some of you are having that problem also.
Lvl 7
Quote:

[reply=Phally]

just logged in for first time to day and happened again but will trust you on this 1 as does not seem to be effecting me in any way at all. more annoying than any thing
[/reply]

I tried to reproduce it, but couldn't. I tried with a fresh install without updates and with a fully updated one and everytime AVG marks it as safe. Screenshots:

You could try to remove AVG completely from you PC and install it again, maybe something got broken somehow.
Lvl 23
Quote:
Originally posted by Phally

I tried to reproduce it, but couldn't. I tried with a fresh install without updates and with a fully updated one and everytime AVG marks it as safe. Screenshots:

[ Link ][ Link ][ Link ]

You could try to remove AVG completely from you PC and install it again, maybe something got broken somehow.
[/reply]

thanks phally it just happened again with out logging in but will give that a try

thanks again
Lvl 25
Quote:

thanks phally it just happened again with out logging in but will give that a try

We are still trying to find out why this happens... as we have been unable to recreate it, we have difficulties solving it.
  • Goto: