Score: 5.00 Votes: 4
rate this

Approval Time

Starter: rogdod1066 Posted: 4 years ago Views: 4.5K
  • Goto:
Lvl 2
How long does it usually take until images and videos are approved?
Lvl 75
Quote:
Originally posted by rogdod1066

Hi - it can vary depending on how large the queue is (currently at 15k+ images awaiting moderation - which is very high), and how many mods have spare time to go through that list. For the last few days it seems the amount of images that we approve seems to match the amount of new images being uploaded, so the queue size has remained constant. If you have only just uploaded your images, then at present you will have a fair wait unfortunately, as I think the queue generally presents itself in chronological order (perhaps another mod can verify this?).
captnenglish, rogdod1066 find this awesome.
Lvl 75
Quote:

I don't moderate videos so can't comment on that queue.
Lvl 22
15,500 pictures in the Queue. It can take anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes to moderate a single picture.
The picture Queue pulls randomly from the oldest 100 pics uploaded for moderation, so it can take some time to go through them all.

Videos have to be watched thoroughly for sound, quality and to check for embedded watermarks and that can really take some time.
Lvl 25
Quote:

From what i've seen and heard, it depends on your political view and if it parallels the mods or not.
If you have a different opinion...pack a lunch!
Lvl 2
Hi guys. Thank you for the responses
[Deleted], The_Sentinel find this awesome.
Lvl 75
Quote:
Originally posted by moss

From what i've seen and heard, it depends on your political view and if it parallels the mods or not.

Can’t say I’ve ever had an issue with anybody’s uploads because of their political beliefs...
Lvl 16
And even when images do get added they will often upload one then deny the next saying it's a "celebrity/pro" even though it's the same girl in the previous uploaded image(and not a celebrity/pro)...or, deny it as "photoshopped" when all that has happened is slight photo editing to make the image more clear to look at, and/or possibly crop out a face to keep the person anonymous. Or...upload a bunch from your list then leave only one all by itself
[Deleted] finds this awesome.
Lvl 75
Quote:
Originally posted by widowmaker1981
I quit uploading because of the denies and deny reasons.

Looking at your stats it seems the majority of your rejected images were flagged up as duplicates - on the most part this is done by a software program rather than a human, so it’s fairly accurate...
Lvl 75
Quote:
Originally posted by deskjock
And even when images do get added they will often upload one then deny the next saying it's a "celebrity/pro" even though it's the same girl in the previous uploaded image(and not a celebrity/pro)...or, deny it as "photoshopped" when all that has happened is slight photo editing to make the image more clear to look at, and/or possibly crop out a face to keep the person anonymous. Or...upload a bunch from your list then leave only one all by itself

Taking your first point regarding one image being accepted and one being rejected (with the same girl in the images), I can only imagine this was down to two different moderators having different opinions. One may think the girl is amateur and accept it, the other may run a reverse image search, find she’s a pro and delete it.

With regards to editing a photo, I only tend to reject those that have clearly been cropped to cut off a logo or website address. This quite easily discovered during a reverse image search.
I’m pretty sure faces are allowed to be blurred out for anonymity purposes (again, another mod can verify that) but I assume most of these are done on photos you’ve taken yourself?

It’s not a failsafe method with a few different mods who work in different ways. But mods don’t get paid, they moderate photos in their spare time to help keep the site running, and most of the rules are in place to keep the site legal. I don’t reject people’s images to annoy them - I’d prefer to see decent images uploaded every day, but rules are rules.

I guess the main factor here is don’t take it to heart too much - I think it‘s definitely easy to get pissed off with things like this but, as I said, it’s never done with the aim of annoying the site’s members, that would be counter-productive.

And, as ever, just message a mod if you feel hard done by - most are happy to look into things for you. Mistakes are made - I make them myself while moderating, so things can often be rectified. Just understand that 9 times out of 10, there is a legitimate reason why an image gets flagged (and it’s not personal).
Lvl 12
This is all very interesting. Recently reviewing images/vids downloaded a decade ago, I find then I was downloading dozens a week. Now I find barely 10 a month worth remembering. Especially with the vids, most of the "current" images are what I have from years ago. Definitely not the flower garden of years ago.
moss finds this awesome.
Lvl 37
Question for the mods: If you all use the same programs to mod photos, why is there a discrepancy in what gets posted? I've uploaded pics that were rejected because you called them 'underage' or 'duplicate'. Then low and behold those same pics get posted by someone else a week or so later. You say there's no favoritism yet the persons uploading the pics have some of the highest uploads of anyone here. I think I'm pretty much done here also since we can't seem to get a fair break unless we've got over 8000 pics uploaded.
[Deleted] finds this awesome.
Lvl 75
Quote:

Fairly?!
I had some had some only I had access to that were flagged as duplicates and or pro models.

Ehhh never mind. I’m done here.

Yes it’s accurate in the sense that if a piece of software says the image being uploaded is a duplicate, then it will be deleted from the queue. Fairly obvious why that would happen and I’m sure there isn’t a problem with that...

As for the underage thing - this is generally down to each moderator’s personal opinion. We don’t have access to the date of birth for each female in every photo, so if I think someone may be underage, I will delete the upload. Again, fairly easy to understand that reasoning. That’s not to say that another mod may see the same photo and think the woman is in her early twenties and accept it. There are always going to be “glitches” like this when you rely on personal opinion to moderate images - there’s no easy fix other than have one person moderate all images just for some continuity, but this simply isn’t possible due to the amount of images that are being uploaded.
Lvl 75
Quote:

Fairly?!
I had some had some only I had access to that were flagged as duplicates and or pro models.
Ehhh never mind. I’m done here.

With regards to the images you say you only have access to, you should definitely bring it to a moderator’s attention and they will look into it for you. If the photo looks like a professional shoot, that’s probably why it would be rejected, but if it’s not, bring it up with someone.
As I’ve said before, I’m only one of a group that moderates photos here and I certainly don’t go out of my way to annoy certain individuals.
Lvl 75
Quote:
Originally posted by strictguy
Question for the mods: If you all use the same programs to mod photos, why is there a discrepancy in what gets posted? I've uploaded pics that were rejected because you called them 'underage' or 'duplicate'. Then low and behold those same pics get posted by someone else a week or so later. You say there's no favoritism yet the persons uploading the pics have some of the highest uploads of anyone here. I think I'm pretty much done here also since we can't seem to get a fair break unless we've got over 8000 pics uploaded.

There is a program that searches for duplicate images, but not for other things such as “underage”, “professional”, “bad quality”, “watermarked”etc.

I’ll say it again - the way the queue is moderated means there is no favouritism.
When I log in to moderate images, it will show me 1 out of the oldest 100 images in the queue. I then decide a) if it’s acceptable and b) if so, what category it should go into (naked, beach, self shot etc). If I decide an image isn’t acceptable, I click on the reason why (underage, bad quality, watermark etc.) and this is what you see in the delete log.

Just because one member has uploaded 8000 images previously does not give them favouritism over someone who has just uploaded their first one. It’s a chronological queue. It might just be that some of the members upload 50 images every single day, so of course they are going to have images approved/deleted on a daily basis as well.

I also find that just because someone has been a prolific uploader previously, doesn’t mean the quality of their uploads is great. In some cases, someone who has 10,000 images in their uploaded babes section has probably had 15,000 rejected as well.
Lvl 75
I realise it can be frustrating when you have to wait for a while for an image to be accepted, and when some of them are rejected you feel aggrieved about it. This doesn’t mean you can’t ask a mod to look at certain images to double-check, especially if you have taken the photo and it’s been rejected for being “professional” for example.

We really need to get away from this “members vs moderators” mentality as, from a personal perspective, I enjoy moderating images but certainly not because I favour certain users or want to antagonise others. Someone has to moderate them, you really should see some of the god-awful ones we have to reject!
captnenglish finds this awesome.
Lvl 75
FYI - the queue is currently just over 16,000 images.

I’m not sure if there is a way to see what the average number of moderated images per day is compared to the amount added to the queue. I’d be interested in seeing those figures.
Lvl 22
Quote:
Originally posted by moss

An artist I really like, Tom MacDonald just released a song called Buttholes. It pretty much sums life up for me. I don't give a flying frack what a person thinks, believes, worships, skin color, political views or any of that. Mainly because it's a waste of energy and life.

As far as pics with altered faces, yes it's acceptable. Now if you altered for "anonymity" and we can find it in a search and can see it's altered, then it's not very anonymous, now is it?

How I moderate, if it looks too young and the face is cropped out then it's out pure and simple. I do not want the search for it in my history and/or putting the site as well as Diz, in the same situational risk.
There are some sites that do host UA content and if a search result comes back from that site, it's also deleted. The first time I see an UA pic it gets marked as other and the user is sent a pm over the situation. If there are multiples, I follow the same approach on that date. However if it continues at a later date I mark it UA and the user takes a 4 point hit to their upload score and higher ranked staff is notified. Eventually that user will be very limited in their upload limit or upload rights removed for a period of time. It's a pretty straightforward approach for all my moderating. Sorry not sorry.
* This post has been modified : 4 years ago
90% of my comments are confusing.
I am Xenon

LOIC due
Lvl 75
Quote:

Explain how something like this is allowed then.

[Link]

Doesn't look "rapey" to me, just looks like a woman who finds anal a bit uncomfortable/painful. It would be rapey if she was trying to fight the guy off or looked too drunk/drugged-up to do anything about it etc.
  • Goto: