Score: 5.00 Votes: 2
rate this

Voting Issue

Starter: ishavedmyballs4this Posted: 4 years ago Views: 1.4K
Lvl 37
I know how it's done, but this issue should be added to the to-do list to be fixed. Voting 17 times on one image is a bit much.

URL: https://whatboyswant.com/babes/show/2775537/week
Lvl 91
lol how is that even possible... and he gives a shitty score as well
Lvl 37
Quote:
Originally posted by johnsnow
lol how is that even possible... and he gives a shitty score as well

How someone votes is up to them. How they do it is easy. The site frequently has latency. If you rage click while waiting for your vote to register, it will, at times, record multiple votes/ratings from you.
Lvl 22
Thanks for bringing this issue up. Info has been passed on to Diz.
Lvl 45
Quote:
Originally posted by ishavedmyballs4this

How someone votes is up to them. How they do it is easy. The site frequently has latency. If you rage click while waiting for your vote to register, it will, at times, record multiple votes/ratings from you.

I like to "Control-Click" on thumbnails that I want to vote on so that I don't have to keep clicking the "back arrow/button" and waiting for the index. Just open a bunch of new tabs and then step thru them to vote on each one. If you opened a bunch of tabs for the same picture, it would be pretty easy to simultaneously submit multiple votes, even when the site is performing well (as it seems to always take a few seconds to record the vote.) But I've NEVER intentionally multi-voted.

As for what score to give, yes, that's the whole point of having all of us vote, it helps "normalize" across the population. Some "boys" on this site will score a stone-fox as a "1" if she has a cigarette or a tat. Others will UP-vote an average/homely woman if she has enormous tits or red-hair.
Lvl 37
Quote:
Originally posted by expat2011
But I've NEVER intentionally multi-voted.

I'm sure that vast majority of occurrences of this are unintentional and due to frustration with waiting for a vote/rating to be recorded. Many probably don't even realize it happened. I first noted the issue several months ago when I was impatient and the ratings were taking a long time (30 seconds to over a minute) to register. I clicked on the rating number rapidly a bunch of times and noted a sharp change in the score. I checked the Properties for the pic and saw that I had six votes recorded. I thought it was just a random glitch at the time and didn't report it. I've seen it happen many times since though, normally just an extra vote/rating. This one was a bit different as it shows one user having 17 recorded ratings, another 2 users having 2 votes, and still another having 5. While hardly the end of the world, it is something I felt should be called attention to and fixed if possible. Firereign said Diz was notified so hopefully it is something that can be easily addressed.
Lvl 22
I'm not the least bit concerned about the rating system as much as I am the long loading times I often get while browsing. For me it takes about 10 seconds to rate, yet adding to favs is instant. For that reason I don't rate most pics I look at. Either way it's a non issue, i'm more intersted with the picture itself, not the rating or the ridiculous comments below..
Lvl 25
We have been aware of these issues. As I have started working on new software for WBW I have looked into issues like this and resolving these. Slow downs have to-do with a HUGE log database we change table types and create better index.
Bongsquad finds this awesome.
Lvl 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X
We have been aware of these issues. As I have started working on new software for WBW I have looked into issues like this and resolving these. Slow downs have to-do with a HUGE log database we change table types and create better index.

Don't sweat the small stuff, the site still works GREAT! you do great work Sir.
robert98597, Diz-X, F1098 find this awesome.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Bongsquad

Don't sweat the small stuff, the site still works GREAT! you do great work Sir.

I am doing my best to make it even better! Thats why I started from scratch to develop wbw. With so much extra's and things that will make you guys happy.

If anyone want to do some "alpha" testing contact me in private message and I will give access to the WBW Discord so you can help and communicate more directly with me for input on the WBW Alpha
[Deleted], Goldseeker, Bongsquad find this awesome.
Lvl 19
In addition to the voting issue, I don't understand how so many photos get re-posted again and again while some original photos I put into the queue just disappear.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by thechoice
In addition to the voting issue, I don't understand how so many photos get re-posted again and again while some original photos I put into the queue just disappear.

Well our system tries to remove duplicates but our "de-duplication" script has difficulties with images that are cropped. Resized images are no problem, we/I have not enough budget to research and build a better "perceptual hashing".

I run and maintain the site alone, with the help of some amazing moderators who help me just to keep site running. I just get around with the money I get out of WBW, I could start adding advertisements, to make it more profitable, but that would trash the user experience.
Quote:
Originally posted by thechoice

you're always allowed to report duplicates you find....
Diz-X finds this awesome.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by eightball88

you're always allowed to report duplicates you find....

What this he said <3 and you earn some credits in return.