Score: 5.00 Votes: 4
rate this

The end of WBW?

Starter: satans_panties Posted: 5 years ago Views: 2.8K
Lvl 13
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20190321IPR32110/european-parliament-approves-new-copyright-rules-for-the-internet

If the EU passes this, wouldn't it effectively put an end to WBW? If you now will have to pay the copyright holder in addition to having to remove their content if they didn't upload their pics/videos, doesn't that make it extremely difficult? This ruling is going to hurt a lot of companies....think of all the tube sites that it will affect also.
Diz-X finds this awesome.
Lvl 21
i think hosting outside the EU would be very interesting for the most sites....
Diz-X finds this awesome.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by satans_panties
[Link]

If the EU passes this, wouldn't it effectively put an end to WBW? If you now will have to pay the copyright holder in addition to having to remove their content if they didn't upload their pics/videos, doesn't that make it extremely difficult? This ruling is going to hurt a lot of companies....think of all the tube sites that it will affect also.

Yes this is going to be a problem for us. Hopefully our local government isn't going to implement artikel 13 (renamed to 17). EU is getting really aggressive about freedom of speech as of lately.
shrike-bird, Firereign find this awesome.
Lvl 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X

Yes this is going to be a problem for us. Hopefully our local government isn't going to implement artikel 13 (renamed to 17). EU is getting really aggressive about freedom of speech as of lately.

The EU is actually all for and happy to promote “freedom of speech”..........as long as it agrees and fits in with their own agenda of course!
azdesertrat, Diz-X, [Deleted], vegas365 and 5 other(s) find this awesome.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Sardinesam

The EU is actually all for and happy to promote “freedom of speech”..........as long as it agrees and fits in with their own agenda of course!

Exactly this. We see this more and more on the internet too with the SJW people. EU is getting more a dictatorship, with people not chosen by the people running it.
[Deleted], Sardinesam, vegas365, pazuru and 5 other(s) find this awesome.
Lvl 25
and things like this, site owners to be responsible for user content.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/apr/04/social-media-bosses-could-be-liable-for-harmful-content-leaked-uk-plan-reveals
No. 'the end of wbw' As We Know It. let it be the beginning of a new Era and a legal/ lawyer puzzle.
the EU is a contemporary successful experiment, i have trust in the establishment of this union of different cultures yet of dialogue and understanding.
I consider Wbw an example of an experiment too, a community that shares depictions of the female divine and a gentleman's place. All those pictures and the documenting of sexual act, doesn't it make you less Lonely too? the well-being of human is the center of a Just entity that governs. No. someone said "smartness is the ability to adjust". let's prove we are smart, whichever the new artikels.
* This post has been modified : 2 years ago
Lvl 14
Beware of those who wish to attempt to control (ie:regulate) the uncontrollable. Murphy's Law states: "Once something is broken, anything done to "improve it" - makes it WORSE!! IMHO, the EU has tried and failed to control the internet - so, they have tried the next worst thing by trying to control internet content!! Now you know WHY the English want OUT of the EU!!
Sardinesam, azdesertrat find this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by ArcticThong
has tried and failed to control the internet - so, they have tried the next worst thing by trying to control internet content!!
WHY the English want OUT of the EU!!

very interesting opinion!
[maybe the English but surely not all British].
Lvl 20
Quote:
Originally posted by runa
the well-being of human is the center of a Just entity that governs.

Too bad it never works that way. Give someone power over you and they will take it.
DEMO, [Deleted] find this awesome.
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X

EU is getting really aggressive about freedom of speech as of lately.

It's like that everywhere. I'm slowly seeing my beloved, sweet....cherished plum that is Canada, The Great White North...The Hat, slowly turned into America SJW light sauce. These fucking idiots assemble in dundas square and complain about American politics.

Everyone has lost their fucking minds. Theyre trying to take away what's left of the wild west, wika-wild. wika wika wild west internet.

Long Live What Boys Want.

Its getting so dark in the world I might have to stop wearing my sunglasses at night. Ill catch you guys later, I gotta go see that rascal Putin about stealing our North Pole. Oh also, everone who has gasped at anything Trump has said in the past two years, clearly forgot George W Bush got two terms. Four more years!

Fool me once, won't get fooled again.

Also, they're just now noticing rich people pay for university degrees...lol. Dude went to fucking Yale.

/Canadian Time Traveller Who Discusses Only Current Events. Now, back to 2006; I gotta get Lindsay Lohan into some trouble.
azdesertrat, DEMO, Firereign, hydrahead and 1 other(s) find this awesome.