Score: 4.20 Votes: 5
rate this

.dev WhatBoysWant version X alpha development

Starter: Diz-X Posted: 5 years ago Views: 4.7K
  • Goto:
Lvl 25
Lately I got really frustrated with the framework (CakePHP 2.x) I was using to build WhatBoysWant on. For example the log out bug, that I somehow can't seem to fix. I have been using this framework almost 10 years now. I should have upgraded to CakePHP 3.x, but they changed the framework so dramatically I had to learn so much new stuff, I postponed using it over and over. I started looking around for other frameworks to build WBW upon as CakePHP 3 did go into a direction I really didn't like. After same research and tryouts I started to like Laravel 5.x framework a lot. I have been using it for other projects for some time now and really started to love it.

So a couple of weeks ago I started to build WBW from scratch in Laravel framework. I have come a long way in a short amount of time and I have put a lot of resources and time into it. The basics are there, so I wanted to start including our community in the process. As there is no online test version yet, as I only almost completed the babe section. I am going to provide screenshots on the work I have done and report on my progress I have made.

Hope you all will like the visual improvements and new features that will bring the future version of WBW. I have nicknamed it WhatBoysWant version X; Would love to hear your input and things you really don't like.
Bongsquad, Goldseeker, johnsnow, Teensandcocks find this awesome.
Lvl 14
It looks good so far. If the pull down tabs are retractable after the selections are made - it should be very good. Are you going to have a sort feature to be able to see individual photo subjects that may be across different forums?? Regards, Arctic Thong
Diz-X finds this awesome.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by ArcticThong
Are you going to have a sort feature to be able to see individual photo subjects that may be across different forums??

Do you mean that people will be able to add tags to their forum threads when creating them, and those will be searchable later on?
Lvl 22
Looks good man! I know you'll do a great job..
Diz-X, robert98597, johnsnow find this awesome.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Bongsquad
Looks good man! I know you'll do a great job..

Thank you so much! Working still very hard on it.

Little update:
- Most of the babes section is finished
- Started working on the forums (fun project).
robert98597, Bongsquad, joebillybob find this awesome.
Lvl 64
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X

Thank you so much! Working still very hard on it.

Little update:
- Most of the babes section is finished
- Started working on the forums (fun project).

U DA MAN!!!
johnsnow finds this awesome.
Lvl 16
I like the idea of playlist, watch later, etc. Useful features. This adds a lot of value.

With "Series", would really like to be able to tab through the images (slideshow) like we can in major categories.

The ability to download a series would be another important feature, but not as important as the slideshow.

Homepage: would like popular babes to drop off 5 to 7 days after they were uploaded. Same for videos.

The new platform seems like a great step in the right direction! Thank you for taking on such a big project!
Lvl 14
Hello Diz - #3 Reply:
Yes, I was wondering if there will be a feature to identify (or sort) images of people that might span several categories:
an example might be a woman flashing in a store..and later, the same woman shows up with different pictures in "redheads" for example!!
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by asunfisher
I like the idea of playlist, watch later, etc. Useful features. This adds a lot of value.

With "Series", would really like to be able to tab through the images (slideshow) like we can in major categories.

The ability to download a series would be another important feature, but not as important as the slideshow.

Homepage: would like popular babes to drop off 5 to 7 days after they were uploaded. Same for videos.

The new platform seems like a great step in the right direction! Thank you for taking on such a big project!

Thank you so much for your input! I had same feeling about the frontpage too.
asunfisher, johnsnow find this awesome.
Lvl 25
A lot of work has been done, most forums and babe section has been completed. Now working on the car and video section. Still a lot to be added and missing in the new build from scratch site.

One of the major things fixed is the log-out problems. The old framework wasn't helping me with that.
The_Sentinel, Andi.d, johnsnow, BWT find this awesome.
Lvl 14
Diz-X: I like the changes and I know YOU have worked extremely hard on this. I appreciate your wanting to make this site a continued success!! I will continue to monitor as new features are rolled out!!
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by ArcticThong
Diz-X: I like the changes and I know YOU have worked extremely hard on this. I appreciate your wanting to make this site a continued success!! I will continue to monitor as new features are rolled out!!

There will be an closed beta that not uses the live database, just for people to give it a spin.
johnsnow, joebillybob find this awesome.
Lvl 91
looks good so far, not a developer or idea type but i am liking what i see so far

Thanks for the effort Div
Diz-X, [Deleted], joebillybob find this awesome.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by johnsnow
looks good so far, not a developer or idea type but i am liking what i see so far

Thanks for the effort Div

If you have any suggestion for features in the new WBW. please let me know!
Lvl 25
Sneak Peak of the new WBW Alpha <3
Andi.d finds this awesome.
Lvl 39
How about, when looking at a series, you highlight the ones I've already ranked, like on the top page?
Could that be done?
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Andi.d
How about, when looking at a series, you highlight the ones I've already ranked, like on the top page?
Could that be done?

It could be done, but gives a lot of overhead on the database. Could slow down the database extremely, we are still running on old intel hardware haha.
Lvl 16
Would be great if you'd have a place were all your unlocked photo's and movies can be found

If you could favour a series instead of all the single shots

Just a few ideas
Lvl 39
my feedback on the new vs old forums... I like the old forums because I can search for "unawesome" and find where I left off very quickly... haven't figured out how to do it with the beta forums
Diz-X finds this awesome.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Andi.d
my feedback on the new vs old forums... I like the old forums because I can search for "unawesome" and find where I left off very quickly... haven't figured out how to do it with the beta forums

The new site doesn't have a beta forum anymore. I have totally redesigned the site from ground up.
  • Goto: