Score: 5.00 Votes: 2
rate this

[DEV] Forums Beta online

Starter: Diz-X Posted: 6 years ago Views: 4.2K
  • Goto:
Lvl 25
You can access the forums beta at this url:
https://whatboyswant.com/forumsbeta/

Please leave your feedback and tell me if you encounter any bugs or missing any features.

Still missing is:
× Forum Favorites
× Forum all attachments
× Dark theme support
× Responsive design for mobile devices
× Animated GIF support in forum attachments.

Bugs:
× pasting bbcode in the textarea will result in images being changed [.img][.url=""][/url][/img]

Changes:
× Added Darktheme support (Patched)
× Topic Starter removed from overview instead its now Last Poster (Patched)
× Animated GIF support added to attachments (Patched)
× Some tweaks to responsive design (Patched)
× Fixed issue with the textarea not accepting bbcode pasting from clipboard (Next patch)
× Added favorites (Next patch)

Refresh your browser cache if above changes didn't apply.
* This post has been modified : 5 years ago
Lvl 55
gifs don't move, nice that there is a d/l feature but can't see what is happening.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by commandercody33
gifs don't move, nice that there is a d/l feature but can't see what is happening.

Gif support has to be added, will add it to the missing list!
Lvl 20
I really like that I can use the mouse wheel to scroll through pics in the forums.

(instead of clicking on an arrow to move to the next pic)

(when they're uploaded instead of linked I guess?)
Diz-X finds this awesome.
Lvl 27
Top of page where messages is supposed to be
Lvl 27
That's what my beta forums page looks like, I'm using my tablet, Samsung galaxy S4 I believe lol
Quote:
Originally posted by DEMO
That's what my beta forums page looks like, I'm using my tablet, Samsung galaxy S4 I believe lol

Yeah same on PC. If I hover over "Home" I get a drop down of the forum categories. Looks like the beta link takes you to a list of topics ordered by last updated.

Also, text is unreadable in dark mode. I know you said you didn't like dark mode Diz, but it's much easier on my eyes than the default bright white.
Lvl 30
This dropping down to the end of the page to view attachments sucks. By moving you away from the posted msg, it makes voting damn difficult. The scroll feature is unreliable as half the time images are showing up behind the previous image and thus not in view. Question: Why does it require depressing the arrow button to shift to the next pic and then scrolling down to it via the mouse wheel? Shouldn't it be one or the other like most other sites and software? Also, how do you differentiate between a person's avatar and post? The images are the same size and basically in-column.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by DEMO
Top of page where messages is supposed to be

Refresh your cache, we updated font awesome to newest version. 
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by iamawbwuser
...Yeah same on PC. If I hover over "Home" I get a drop down of the forum categories. Looks like the beta link takes you to a list of topics ordered by last updated.

Also, text is unreadable in dark mode. I know you said you didn't like dark mode Diz, but it's much easier on my eyes than the default bright white.

Exactly how it is,  the new forums home is all categories ordered by last updated. 

The dark mode is not available yet for the new forums beta as I am still tweaking some things. Will be online later on with some other tweaks, added features and fixes.
Hey Diz, might want to hide this
b0ing, Diz-X find this awesome.
Lvl 91
liking the new feel of the forums, not much of a participant there but do view them and vote but the new feel, looks great so far
I couldn't leave messages in the hot or not. that should change.
Lvl 16
Ehm, you might want to disable the dev-tool up in the right corner for security reasons.
Lvl 16
I get some error on profiles. It's random and I can't make out any specific steps to reproduce.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by iamawbwuser
Hey Diz, might want to hide this

Fixed. Debuging was on. Nothing to worry about that, reveals what is yours.

Quote:
Originally posted by b0ing
I get some error on profiles. It's random and I can't make out any specific steps to reproduce.

Fixed. Some caching didn't write away as it suppose to.

Quote:
Originally posted by johnsnow
liking the new feel of the forums, not much of a participant there but do view them and vote but the new feel, looks great so far

Still a long way to go, but I want to include people more and more in development of new parts of the site. Instead of removing something directly.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by b0ing
Ehm, you might want to disable the dev-tool up in the right corner for security reasons.

No worries, not much bad information is shown.
Lvl 25
Working on the next patch, will put it online very soon. 

What are you guys thinking of the new forum setup? 
b0ing finds this awesome.
Lvl 15
Why i can't save the pictures ?
Lvl 16
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X
Working on the next patch, will put it online very soon. What are you guys thinking of the new forum setup? 

Looking good so far. Anything specific you want us to test? Mobile responsiveness etc?
  • Goto: