Score: 5.00 Votes: 2
rate this

Know issue with site/server speed? - WBW is slow

Starter: [Deleted] Posted: 6 years ago Views: 4.1K
  • Goto:
During the last week, its seems like the WBW site has gotten much slower.

I can maybe use it normally for 5 minutes, then it starts crawling to a halt, where a single image page can take 20-30 seconds to fully load. I compare download speeds to other image sites, and WBW is still slow while the others are fast.

Is this a known issue?
Lvl 55
same here. i'll use thumbnails and the d/l button below the magnify glass, if the pic is linked or pics next to it, i get an error. this is my issue.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by commandercody33
same here. i'll use thumbnails and the d/l button below the magnify glass, if the pic is linked or pics next to it, i get an error. this is my issue.

What kind of error are you getting?
Lvl 55
this kinda error

AppData\Local\Temp\kGnFOvhN.jpg.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.
Lvl 16
Confirming this is happening to me as well. I had mentioned it in the Babe Videos feedback thread, and these types of issues are usually resolved quickly, but you're right. It is going pretty slow lately.

Chrome, Windows 10. Edge, Windows 10.
Brand spankin new MacBook Pro, runs like a sick dog. Sponsor member.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by BadBoy2005
Brand spankin new MacBook Pro, runs like a sick dog. Sponsor member.

How are the download speeds?
< .5 mpbs
Lvl 16
I've noticed it starts "choking" if I hit the new videos section up. If I go to the old videos, things seem to go fine.
dogdude finds this awesome.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by BadBoy2005
< .5 mpbs

That is very slow. I am going to talk to my ISP and let them figure it out.
dogdude, Firereign find this awesome.
Lvl 62
I have slow speeds as well and I always get HTTP error when I try to up load anything. That's been going on since Monday
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X

That is very slow. I am going to talk to my ISP and let them figure it out.

It's running even slower. It took one hour to load 3mb. This is on internet that runs youtube at 1080 no delay on 6 different connections. 3 separate hotels, full strength LTE, my 70mbps home connection. This is starting to get old fast. Even the pictures are running slowly. Let's get this fixed.
dogdude finds this awesome.
just want to check in and reconfirm this is still an issue. Sponsor member. In the last 8 months, I've never seen it this slow.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by q2q2
just want to check in and reconfirm this is still an issue. Sponsor member. In the last 8 months, I've never seen it this slow.

So no improvements last couple of days? Our servers are hosted in the Netherlands, I am trying to figure out what the problem could be.

Can you download this file, and look at what speed it's downloading it? This is a dummy file to measure your download speeds for you.

http://mirror.nforce.com/pub/speedtests/1000mb.bin
33.7 KB/sec. Extremely slow.

https://ibb.co/bVidGR

This is on a 60MB/sec cable connection in the USA.
Diz-X finds this awesome.
Lvl 25
Quote:
33.7 KB/sec. Extremely slow.

[Link]

This is on a 60MB/sec cable connection in the USA.

This means that our servers are not the problem, but the connections between our servers and you. We have to figure out now where this problems is and if one of the ISP's in the middle is chocking traffic.
[Deleted] finds this awesome.
Lvl 15
Quote:

This means that our servers are not the problem, but the connections between our servers and you. We have to figure out now where this problems is and if one of the ISP's in the middle is chocking traffic.

770kb/s here.
Diz-X finds this awesome.
Quote:

I'm on Comcast Business, if that helps to trace the thread.

Woah...just tested, and it's a LOT better today (10 MB/sec)

Screenshot: http://ibb.co/nabafm
Quote:

I'm on Comcast Business, if that helps to trace the thread.

Woah...just tested, and it's a LOT better today (10 MB/sec)

Screenshot:[Link]

NOPE! It appears that my IP is getting throttled is some way.

After jumping back to the main site and looking at 50 or so pictures, it ground to a halt. Now, when I try your test file, I'm getting 19/KB download speeds.

It's behaving as it something is metering my traffic, and then slowing it down once I reach a certain amount of data.

Screenshot: http://ibb.co/gJHvD6
Alright I believe I've found a workaround.

I set up a VPN (using the "Setup VPN" add-in in Firefox). I set my location to Netherlands, since that's were you said your servers are. This seemed to make the issue go away.

Hopefully that info helps you troubleshoot the issue.
  • Goto: