Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

Deleted comments?

Starter: HonestJohn247 Posted: 6 years ago Views: 1.9K
Lvl 2
This morning I left comments on about 25-30 photos that were in the galleries (all of the ones I have subsequently given a rating to).

All of these comments have now disappeared, so I wondered if one of the moderators had deleted them for a particular reason?
Lvl 2
Even the ones I'm leaving now are being deleted - can someone let me know what I'm doing wrong please, rather than just deleting them and not telling me why?
Lvl 2
Anyone know who the moderator of the galleries is?
Lvl 17
Frankly I'd like to see the ability to leave comments eliminated. Most comments are juvenile, redundant, ignorant or insulting and take away from the experience of viewing and enjoying photos of mostly attractive, naked women.
Lvl 2
Quote:
Originally posted by xfireman
Frankly I'd like to see the ability to leave comments eliminated. Most comments are juvenile, redundant, ignorant or insulting and take away from the experience of viewing and enjoying photos of mostly attractive, naked women.

Well, I guess that could be a useful setting if that's your preference. For me, my comments were merely my way of explaining the rating I gave. One minute I had about 30 comments attributed to me, then they all disappeared as if I'd been breaking the rules or something.

As I've said, if I have broken the rules or am missing something, it would be useful to have it explained. It's not exactly the most welcoming of situations and I imagine the site would prefer to have active users?
expat2011 finds this awesome.
Lvl 2
Quote:

I just checked and this is already an option for you in the settings.

Go to:
Account settings>>>
Site>>>
Disable comments under pictures/movies
I deleted your comments for the following reasons...
1. Like you already know (because you used it) there exists already a way to rate pictures so there is no need to repeat this in the comments.
2. Your comments were all identical (such like example bellow) and were no adding value to the rate you gave.
Nobody is interested in 30-times the same comment , don't know how much time you would had copy/paste it if you hadn't seen that they were deleted.
example of your comment :

ass : /
face:/
legs:/
pussy: 6
breast::/
-------------
rating: 6

Feel free to comment you ratings but use full sentences and don't repeat the same sentence over and over again.

Here are some rules about comments :
https://whatboyswant.com/forums/read/153226/Gallery_Comment_Guidelines.html/limit:10
Quote:

I understand what you mean...Every day about 1000 comments are posted , almost 500 are posted by the same group of 15 or 20 guys who do this only to recieve awesomes and only give awesomes back to that group.
Lot of those comments are just repeats of things they already have posted under other pictures.
Lvl 2
Quote:
Originally posted by eightball88
I deleted your comments for the following reasons...
1. Like you already know (because you used it) there exists already a way to rate pictures so there is no need to repeat this in the comments.
2. Your comments were all identical (such like example bellow) and were no adding value to the rate you gave.
Nobody is interested in 30-times the same comment , don't know how much time you would had copy/paste it if you hadn't seen that they were deleted.
example of your comment :

ass : /
face:/
legs:/
pussy: 6
breast::/
-------------
rating: 6

Feel free to comment you ratings but use full sentences and don't repeat the same sentence over and over again.

Here are some rules about comments :
[Link]

Thanks for the feedback. Please understand that my comments were not identical, I was using a system to show how I came to my rating. So each image would have been rating accordingly, I wasn't copying and pasting the exact same text.
Just viewing the few images that I have, there are plenty of comments along the lines of "I would fuck her" or "she has great tits" - how is it that they are allowed? Surely my comment showing why I rated the image as I did is slightly more interesting than that?

Also, are you saying if I reworded my comment to something like this:

"I gave my rating of 7 because I think this woman has a 7/10 face, 8/10 boobs and 6/10 ass, and her pussy and legs weren't on show."

...that is acceptable, yet the way I chose to lay it out isn't?

And finally, what's the point of having an option to turn comments on/off if even when people do make comments, they get deleted? I understand that saying "she's hot" 100 times under 100 photos is boring, but at least my comments may have led to discussions/disagreements between other commenters.

Anyway, now I know the rules I'll try to write full sentences. I hope all the other comments will be moderated equally as well as mine were.
Lvl 26
What has this world come to when people feel the need to justify why they voted/rated one way or another. If you feel the need to rate a pic then by all means go right ahead. What you feel is a 1 I might consider a 10, your justification is not needed
Lvl 2
Quote:
Originally posted by curiousbass
What has this world come to when people feel the need to justify why they voted/rated one way or another. If you feel the need to rate a pic then by all means go right ahead. What you feel is a 1 I might consider a 10, your justification is not needed

But that's what makes it interesting I think - why is a particular image a 10 for you and only a 6 for me? (for example). That's all I'm saying, it would probably lead to interesting opinions/conversations and is certainly better than just writing "great tits" over and over again.

Otherwise what exactly is the comments box there for?
Lvl 33
Don't take it personal I busted out another member that loves black dick in a funny comment well within the rules posted in this thread by a moderator and my post was deleted as well and but we have have to deal with her racist comments demeaning small white dicks keep in mind i have as well called out others being completely rude and derogatory towards women but their post remain. And I must say my post was very funny and I bet eightball88 cracked up reading before he deleted it and it was probably tru but politics ensued and that is lif my friend and this might get deleted as well
vegas365, robert98597 find this awesome.
Lvl 11
Quote:

Yep. Except for my comments,of course. But as for insulting comments I would add if some unattractive and repulsively posed girl (big hairy wet beaver , for example) has a picture here and I come across it in my browsing I find that insulting and don't mind letting her know
Lvl 13
This site has so many stupid fucking rules. Like who gives a shit if a guy wants to explain his vote? I can understand if someone posts "hot" over and over and over again and thats all they ever post, but if someone is taking the time to post a comment and explain how they came to a score of 8 and they are doing it without being repetitive, rude, or juvenile; who cares? What harm is that causing the site?
HonestJohn247, robert98597, UptownCheese, BWT find this awesome.
It's my opinion based upon the evidence of deletions of my comments that the moderators, if so plural, who are taking the action to delete my comments are doing so based upon a juvenile attitude toward what I write in full sentences and in accordance with the 13 rules four members when posting comments.

Let me be candid and say that the ratio of Awesomes received from fellow members is highly favorable to the totality of comments that I post; none of which are disrespectful, derogatory or vile toward the image, the person(s) within the image, or the publisher of the image. The content or the expression of my comments in no way validates the action of moderators in eliminating comments so well-received by the WBW membership. Frankly, I don't believe that I need a "school mom" to be looking over my shoulder, predisposed to slap my hands for rules violations that are not manifest in my posted comments nearly every time I sign on to this site.

In summation, this moderating behavior as it has been applied to me is immature, unjustified and ridiculous.
robert98597, Nard187, BWT find this awesome.