Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

Multiple connections to site not working?

Starter: brimnac Posted: 6 years ago Views: 2.4K
Lvl 16
Hey - I know this was brought up before so apologies there, but is anyone else not able to browse while downloading? It's been like this for a while, but I wanted to check with others to see if it was something on my end or WBW.

Thanks for any help!
Lvl 70
Quote:
Originally posted by brimnac
Hey - I know this was brought up before so apologies there, but is anyone else not able to browse while downloading? It's been like this for a while, but I wanted to check with others to see if it was something on my end or WBW.

Thanks for any help!

I did notice myself that if I am downloading from the site (a bunch of picture while moderating for example) I have to wait for it to be loaded before another page of the site loads up. So I guess that comes down to the same issue.
Lvl 20
I'm having the same issue. It's been going on for a few weeks now (at the least)
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by hydrahead
I'm having the same issue. It's been going on for a few weeks now (at the least)

I think it has something to-do with the http/2 support we have added more than a year ago. More browsers are supporting it now, but somehow the effect on the sessions is rather strange. gonna look into this, I hoped it would give a good performance boost, but somehow it doesn't do that with multiple pages.

This seems to be the issue:
https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=60244
brimnac finds this awesome.
Lvl 16
Thanks, man. I'm on the latest Chrome, FWIW. Appreciate the response.

EDIT: Looks like it's going better, just after a quick browse.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by brimnac
Thanks, man. I'm on the latest Chrome, FWIW. Appreciate the response.

EDIT: Looks like it's going better, just after a quick browse.

I have done a lot of reading and gonna switch to apache mpm-event; this will resolve the problem.. but I have to schedule maintaince for this to get it up and running.
Lvl 25
It should be working now multiple page loading, please let me know how to page speed is now!
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X
It should be working now multiple page loading, please let me know how to page speed is now!

Anybody? speed improvements?
Lvl 20
Hey Dizzy, Thanks for resolving these issues and apologies for the slow reply.

I just conducted a brief test and it looks like it's working great now.

I downloaded a couple of movies at the same time and while doing that I was able to browse without issue and play another movie at the same time.

Well done sir.

(I'm on Chrome btw)
Lvl 20
Also my page loading times are really good. Consistently between .0300 and .0800 on APP02
Lvl 20
On APP01 movie gallery loaded in .0235 and front page reloaded in .0137
Lvl 70
Seems to be better yeah
Lvl 16
thnx again!

Edit - thought I could, but I still have issues browsing while downloading.
Lvl 16
Edit: every time I seem to hit <Save Message> here, I go to download and browse and then it mucks up. Apologies for the false flag.