Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

"Server Not Found"

Starter: oldguy Posted: 9 years ago Views: 3.1K
Lvl 9
Currently we have our internet thru a cable modem and wireless router. Problem is when my wife is on her computer for work during day I can't get on the internet from our other computer - in next room. usual message is "server not found ". This computer has Windows 7 on it and I use Firefox mostly. The connection problem occurs with both Firefox and IE btw.
The "fix" is always to unplug power from router, wait 30 secs , plug in and restart 2nd computer. That works till next time wife is on line then same problem's back. Not very tech savy but have reached out to some techy friends who had me check the 2nd computer's IP address and such but no luck.
is our Linkysis router (7 yrs old btw ) the problem here or something else ?
Extremely frustrated and would very much appreciate some advice - in layman's terms if possible - how to keep both computers on line same time. Thx guys.
Lvl 9
wow.. 207 views and no replies/suggestions !
was a sponsor member for several years but now can only visit site sporadically -wife doesn't look kindly on it.

Appreciate any help you can give on this problem.... please !
Lvl 2
Yes, I would start by swapping the router for a new hi-speed, multichannel one. I had a similar experience. Also, make sure the IP addresses are not conflicting between the two computers.
Lvl 9
Quote:
Originally posted by tuffstuff
Yes, I would start by swapping the router for a new hi-speed, multichannel one. I had a similar experience. Also, make sure the IP addresses are not conflicting between the two computers.

appreciate it tuffstuff ! Thx for help.