Score: 5.00 Votes: 1
rate this

How To Hotlink Images For The Fun Forum Number Game And Funny Photo Threads. Plus Some Useful Forum Tags!

Starter: ThreadKiller Posted: 13 years ago Views: 21.9K
Lvl 37
These instructions are good for single image posting. It will work for multiple images but if you want to do that then this guide may be better:

How to Hotlink:

How To Hotlink

Test HL;

Test Your Hotlink Here
* This post has been modified : 11 years ago
Lvl 37
1) In the message area type the tags below:
Lvl 37
2) Insert the url of the image you wish to hotlink between the ] and the [ of the image tags.

3) Click "Post message."

Wasn't that easy?
Lvl 37
Another method is To use Advanced Reply.

This is better to use if you need to search for an image.

1) Click Advanced Reply button. You will see a field like this:

(You can also use the img tags here instead of using the Insert Image button.)
Lvl 37
Search for an image. Google Images is a great source. Maybe you have a favorite website with photos or cartoons, that’s great if they allow Hotlinking.

Return to WBW using the back button and click the Insert Image button.
Lvl 37
Paste the copied URL in the by right clicking in the field and select paste from the menu.
Lvl 37
Next click the OK button, your monitor should look like this:
Lvl 37
Finally , click the Post Message button and sit back in Wonder.

Any method you choose takes less time to do than read the instructions.

If you still need help, PM either Notech or ThreadKiller

Maybe I’ll show you some more forum tricks one day.
Lvl 37
Useful tags

Sometimes you may want to spice up a post. If you are familiar with HTML tags then you can use them in forums. Instead of the pacman brackets <.>, use the straight brackets [ ].

Word

Word

Word

ThreadKiller Rocks!
Lvl 37
How do those guys make a one word or sentence link instead of that long-ass URL?

Helpful Hints

Neat, and clean huh?

Copying an Image or URL can be as easy as highlighting it and copying using the tool bar or right clicking and selecting copy or copy image location. It depends on your browser. I use FireFox.
Lvl 37
How do I post a You Tube Video?

Go to You Tube and click on share. Copy the link and come back to WBW.

Paste the link between the brackets. I hope there�s a You Tube insertion button in the next version of WBW. I�m looking at you Diz.

TK�s keyboard skills suck. I keep a list of these tags on a notepad so I can copy and paste them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5TajZYW6Y

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5TajZYW6Y[/youtube]
Lvl 37
My hope is to get more members involved in all the WBW forums. It makes things more funner when lots of people participate.

We don’t like to see attached images that are copyright protected posted here. Most of the ones you snag off the net are, so don’t do it. Learn to Hotlink, it’s easier done than said.
* This post has been modified : 13 years ago
Lvl 37
One more helpful hint. If you are searching for information on transmissions, DO NOT shorten the word to tranny.
That is all for now. Shoot me a PM if you have a question about this thread.