Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

What's the scene with funding for continuing adult education these days?

Starter: nightowl613 Posted: 13 years ago Views: 601
Lvl 12
I have been thinking of stepping back into the classroom to get some more vocational training or to get certified in something or other since the field I work in no longer pays jack shit, and apparently in today's workplace, you need to be officially certified to so much as shake off your own fucking dick after taking a leak. I am 40, have an AAS (2 year) degree and have no money at all to pay for any further education. I live in NC, a state which is flat fucking broke. Like me. What are the chances I can get some help in paying for this or getting them to pay for it ALL? Last I heard-and this was a while ago-the fed was putting money into sending people back to school.

I also heard the feds were matching money that states were providing for peeps to go back to school, but if you live in a state that doesn't have jack shit for anything, there's nothing to match. Is that what's going on right now or not?

Thanks
Lvl 24
Locksmithing/locksmithery/locksmithsomething/whatever it is doesn't pay much, anymore?

Have you looked into peddling bicycles?
Lvl 16
Figure out the places you would like to go and what you plan on studying and then get in touch with their financial aid department. There are way too many things available and each place has different stuff.
Lvl 29
are you the son/daughter of a vet?
I went to college for free (mostly) because my father was a disabled vet. The goverment paid for roughly 2/3 of my school.
Lvl 4
As far as I know up north(CANADA BIAAAAAAAAAATCHEZ), I got my free college for 4 years of service in the military, and I'm going back to school in September for 4 months.