Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

Rule Change Vote/Request - 20 Thumbnails per post.

Starter: EricLindros Posted: 11 years ago Views: 359
  • Goto:
Lvl 27
Lets do this, since most of the people who mod the babe forums are global mods, EL, would you mind starting a thread in FB as a test thread containing 50 thumbs per post, that is at least 10 posts in length and include some pics that don't belong in FB and such so as that all mods can have a look, see how it loads, see how the layout looks with that many thumbs and whatnot and then we can get a practical view of how it will go to mod that many pics per post and whatnot. Might even have a poll and see what the general membership thinks.

I want to see how hard it truly will be to sort through all those codes as I'm not a big fan of your second proposal, it adds new rules which I really don't want to have to teach these members whom just can't seem to follow simple rules we have about posting a certain number of thumbs per post, the fewer the rules that keep the site running smoothly the better I think, not that those new rules would be hard for me to understand, but some people you know, are just stupid

No point in arguing about something we really don't have any practical knowledge about, then after that is done, and all the mods have had a chance to peruse the thread, we can revisit this subject and make a more practical decision about it.

@ the_kevin, I'll make allowances to make sure you are also able to peruse the thread as you are not a global mod.
* This post has been modified : 11 years ago
Lvl 29
Quote:
Originally posted by DEMO

@ the_kevin, I'll make allowances to make sure you are also able to peruse the thread as you are not a global mod.

and i thank you for such an allowance
Lvl 59
Done: http://whatboyswant.com/forum_read/5364348

Although, again, I don't see why telling people that any posts with >20 thumbs must be perfect or they'll be deleted is too much for members to understand?
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by EricLindros

Done:[ Link ]

Although, again, I don't see why telling people that any posts with >20 thumbs must be perfect or they'll be deleted is too much for members to understand?

Thanks

And because people are stupid, I thought I said that when I asked you to post that thread
Lvl 28
So as not to carry the debate any further than a reactive comment in the test thread...

Building on what Sugarpie said, that's pretty much it for me. I kinda get lost in the scrolling up & down, first to count, then to try and look at the thumbs for obvious offenses (ain't no way I'll ever open every thumb in anyone's post), the visual simplicity of the 20 thumb post is really helpful to my way of modding. I look for obvious offenders, a face that might look familiar from the ban list (I am not good at that), a glimpse of a "CamWithHer" copyright, or playboy-quality pics/poses, and only open those that I suspect.

So, while I'll go with whatever, my vote remains at a..

... Leave it as it is.
Quote:

Lets do this, since most of the people who mod the babe forums are global mods, EL, would you mind starting a thread in FB as a test thread containing 50 thumbs per post, that is at least 10 posts in length and include some pics that don't belong in FB and such so as that all mods can have a look, see how it loads, see how the layout looks with that many thumbs and whatnot and then we can get a practical view of how it will go to mod that many pics per post and whatnot. Might even have a poll and see what the general membership thinks.

I want to see how hard it truly will be to sort through all those codes as I'm not a big fan of your second proposal, it adds new rules which I really don't want to have to teach these members whom just can't seem to follow simple rules we have about posting a certain number of thumbs per post, the fewer the rules that keep the site running smoothly the better I think, not that those new rules would be hard for me to understand, but some people you know, are just stupid

No point in arguing about something we really don't have any practical knowledge about, then after that is done, and all the mods have had a chance to peruse the thread, we can revisit this subject and make a more practical decision about it.

Speaking of rules. These http://whatboyswant.com/forum_rules/ need to be re-written and updated. Not only are there spelling errors in them, but they don't address rules such as a maximum number of thumbnails, use of derogatory language, posting of personal info, or spamming (at least not very clearly).
Lvl 29
Quote:
Originally posted by EricLindros

A couple other options (instead of just nuking the post):

1. look at the URL ending for the offending picture and then do a "Ctrl+F" search for that ending when you edit the post

2. Make a note in the rule change that the max number of thumbnails is 40 or 50 or whatever, but that anything over 20 will not be modded, so if there is an offending picture, the post will be deleted in its entirety. That way you're covered either way, and it gives the poster the option.

I'm a fan of option #2

and a secondary question that I don't think I saw addressed:
does upping the thumbnail count from 20 to 50 also mean that the number of full size images per post is raised from 3 to ???
Lvl 40
Do people not know how to use Ctrl c and Ctrl f anymore ( or apple c and apple f ). Find the offending pic .. Right click on it and then copy link from the menu and then edit the post and Ctrl f to find it ... not hard and works with 10 or 100 or 1000 links or more. Makes going through code easy.
Lvl 27
BWT, no I had no fucking clue, but I do now
Lvl 27
Well, after a day for thinking, and my new found information of how to use ctrl F for finding the correct code in order to delete an offending picture, I do believe aesthetics of the forum are about the only thing in which to base my preference for only 20 to 25 thumbs per post on.

But, as I don't think to many people really care about how the forum looks so long as they get to see something nekkid, I will rescind my vote for 20 or 25 thumbs, and say I'm good with 50, so...

If anyone can come up with a really good argument as to why we should keep the posted thumbs low, I will now change my vote so as to allow the 50.
Lvl 70
Quote:

If anyone can come up with a really good argument as to why we should keep the posted thumbs low, I will now change my vote so as to allow the 50.

Someone could create a thread with only black and white pics and call it "50 shades of grey"
Quote:
Originally posted by omuh

Someone could create a thread with only black and white pics and call it "50 shades of grey"

lolz
Lvl 59
So did we ever come to a consensus on this? It seems that a majority are either in favor upping the limit to something like 40 or 50, with a few dissenters still?

And if that's the case and we're upping it, have we decided on whether we should go with a straight 50, or with the compromise rule of a 40 limit with anything over 20 thumbs not being moderated?

Quote:
Originally posted by the_kevin1

and a secondary question that I don't think I saw addressed:
does upping the thumbnail count from 20 to 50 also mean that the number of full size images per post is raised from 3 to ???

I would say no. Especially with gifs and things, I think that would still tax too many peoples machines and have really slow loading times.
Lvl 27
Executive decision time...

Up it to 50.

Time to edit some rules people
Lvl 70
For aesthetic purpose, I would have gone for the 40 limit (so that it's divisible by 4 and 5).
But it's up to you
Quote:
Originally posted by omuh

For aesthetic purpose, I would have gone for the 40 limit (so that it's divisible by 4 and 5).
But it's up to you

I actually thought this was the general consensus too.
Lvl 27
Lvl 70
43.5 !
Lvl 27
Lvl 70
Deal
  • Goto: