Score: 5.00 Votes: 5
rate this

Would You Buy a Domestic (American) Car?

Starter: Honda_X Posted: 15 years ago Views: 2.8K
  • Goto:
Lvl 28

What Car Brand Would You Buy?

• (other) Asian

28.12% (27)

• General Motors

22.92% (22)

• (other) European

20.83% (20)

• Ford

18.75% (18)

• Dodge

9.38% (9)

Votes: 96
Would you buy a domestic car? If so, what kind? Any reasons?

I'm going to throw up a cool beans poll as well, for those of you who aren't fond of posting. You should still post though, because if you made a thread, I would post it in. lol

I made this in the panel, since I'm only asking because of the trouble the domestic car manufacturers are in. If you think it's better suited to a car forum...toss it on over, brah.
* This post has been modified : 15 years ago
Lvl 14
not anytime soon
Lvl 16
American cars pretty much suck and have done so for quite some time, so no I wouldn't.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Audi so I'd probably buy from them. I also like VW and subaru, the impreza and WRX are pretty sweet rides.
Lvl 59
If I lived in Germany or Italy I would.

Actually, I have bought a couple domestic cars:

and

Lvl 14
my family has only bought toyotas. My carolla has 178K miles and hasnt given me a problem yet
well...since i dont live in the US, those cars arent domestic for me..
except the Ford, since they have factories here for their domestically sold cars... and i would buy from them, the XR models specifically. Apart from that, I dont care much for 'domestic' cars, I prefer Audis & Subarus

there is Holden, part of General motors, but id never touch those....unless its one of their imported Holdens
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Latino

well...since i dont live in the US, those cars arent domestic for me..
except the Ford, since they have factories here for their domestically sold cars... and i would buy from them, the XR models specifically. Apart from that, I dont care much for 'domestic' cars, I prefer Audis & Subarus

there is Holden, part of General motors, but id never touch those....unless its one of their imported Holdens

I changed it to specify American cars...my bad.

I like your Subaru man...
Lvl 6
ever since i have had my vw i will never own an american made vehicle. Everything about the vw makes me feel loved
Lvl 20
Right now? New? Chevy and jeep.

I wouldn't buy a brand new car to begin with, but if I did I would pretty much only buy a Chevy or a Jeep. The rest of the big three I really don't know if they will (or should) come through.
Lvl 10
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

I changed it to specify American cars...my bad.

I like your Subaru man...

Saab?
Lvl 10
while i am at it....something i was just reading,

http://www.plasticsnews.com/headlines2.html?cat=1&id=1236804769

buy whatever you want ...just dont be narrow minded and think you are buying something that is made in 1 country or another....
i would buy a challenger if i had the money.
Lvl 8
i'v only ever owned Fords, no particular reason, but i'v always been happy with them.
and now i'm an apprenticing mechanic at shop that specializes in Fords
Lvl 18
no american cars suck they are undependable the older cars were the shizzle but after id say 65 the quality went to the shitter
Quote:
Originally posted by kabar29

i would buy a challenger if i had the money.

Yeah I don't mind the Challenger but I'll stick to the Asians, I've never had a bad Toyota 4WD, they go forever.
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by franklin

Saab?

Is a GM.

And? lol
Lvl 59
While I'm not a huge fan of American cars, I would consider one of those Canadian ones. They're pretty cool.

Lvl 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

Is a GM.

And? lol

And is so unprofitable that Sweden refused to take it back when Ford had it file for bankruptcy recently.

It is unprofitable because their product lacks quality.
Lvl 18
Yes I would, I own a Mercury/Ford Mountaineer. I have been very happy with it. I have also owned a Toyota and Loved it also. I buy what I like, even though you can get a lemon in any brand.
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Tarquin

And is so unprofitable that Sweden refused to take it back when Ford had it file for bankruptcy recently.

It is unprofitable because their product lacks quality.

General Motors owns Saab.

@Lindros: Reliable mode of transport is reliable.

I had heard about that though.

Also, Saab doesn't make bad cars. They're just overpriced for what they are.
  • Goto: