Score: 3.00 Votes: 4
rate this

What's your top ten?

Starter: [Deleted] Posted: 13 years ago Views: 7.5K
  • Goto:
^ that almost reads like the iTunes top 10. Good songs, but are those your most played songs?
Lvl 20
I recently cleared my plays because I uploaded about 200 new songs. The list I currently have is skewed because I have my "good" play list and I also have a "sleep" play list that I play while I'm sleeping. Some of my music is on both lists, so they get more plays than others.

Also because I play the entire play lists and tend not to skip, I have more than ten that are tied for first place. I currently have 39 songs tied for "most played."

I might post the list when it thins out a bit. I usually hide the play count however and don't pay attention to it, so it might be a while before I notice a shift in the numbers.
I just reset my song count in iTunes, so I'll post my new 2011 top 10 in a few days after I've had some listening time.
Lvl 16
My wife and I share a Zune account so this is a little more difficult to do. I had to go down the list and basically match it up with what is one my Zune and ignore the stuff on hers. I am wondering if the counts reset after a bit because this is stuff I have listened to recently, and not stuff I had on heavy rotation maybe 2 months ago. And the counts looked really low.

1 - Voices - Disturbed
2 - It's Not You - Halestorm
3 - Down with the Sickness - Disturbed
4 - Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
5 - Cryin' Like a Bitch - Godsmack
6 - Don't Stop the Sandman - Rock Sugar
7 - Welcome to Planet Motherfucker/Psychoholic Slag - White Zombie
8 - You Don't Have to Believe Me - Eric Hutchinson
9 - Asylum - Disturbed
10 - Scarred But Smarter - Drivin n Cryin
I don't know about Zunes. Ask EL, he rocks the Zune as well.
Lvl 20
This thing's rigged.

I have over 200 songs in one play list. I reset all the plays to zero and ran it.

The next day I noticed that three songs had been played 5 times, several played 4, and a TON played 3, 2 or 1 time(s). A couple had not been played.

Then I looked... And I realized the three songs that had been played 5 times each... Were all three from the same album:

Prince Umtimate, Disc 1.

These are the only three Prince songs I have.

So then I watched... and as it played for another few hours others finally caught up, including three by Madonna.

So then I played it some more, and what do you know? I have 3 songs that have been played 7 times now. Guess which ones. Prince of course.

This crap is rigged. That's a statistical impossibility.

Piss on Disney. That's not cool. Also, I now suddenly distrust everything Apple.

EDIT: I left it playing last night too. I now have 27 songs that have been played 8 times. The Prince songs are in there of course. One song has been played 9 times. That song? "When Doves Cry" by Prince.
What does Disney have to do with it? Do you have genius turned on, maybe you have a playlist created based on a particular song, and it's matching Prince songs to it?
Lvl 32
1. I Remember You - Skid Row
2. Lobodomy - Children of Bodom
3. Smile Pretty For The Devil (ties with) Banned From Heaven - Children of Bodom
4. Again We Rise - Lamb of God
5. Deceiver - Disturbed
6. Tiny Dancer - Elton John
7. Power Trip - Chimaira
8. Dirty World - Dope
9. Through Fire And Flames - Dragonforce
10. Shithole Theme - Charlie Clouser (its the main theme from the Saw movies)
Quote:
Originally posted by pussyliquor419

1. I Remember You - Skid Row
2. Lobodomy - Children of Bodom
3. Smile Pretty For The Devil (ties with) Banned From Heaven - Children of Bodom
4. Again We Rise - Lamb of God
5. Deceiver - Disturbed
6. Tiny Dancer - Elton John
7. Power Trip - Chimaira
8. Dirty World - Dope
9. Through Fire And Flames - Dragonforce
10. Shithole Theme - Charlie Clouser (its the main theme from the Saw movies)

Seriously?
Lvl 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie

What does Disney have to do with it? Do you have genius turned on, maybe you have a playlist created based on a particular song, and it's matching Prince songs to it?

Disney owned the old label that Prince used to use.

Genius existed and was apparently on in my iTunes, but I hadn't used their playlists (I thought they sucked).

I've shut it off now.
Lvl 6
1. Black Dog- Led Zeppelin
2. Rotten Apple- Alice In Chains
3. Love Or Confusion- Jimi Hendrix
4. Green River- Creedence Clearwater Revival
5. Light My Fire- The Doors
6. Comfortably Numb- Pink Floyd
7. Hot For Teacher- Van Halen
8. Enter Sandman- Metallica
9. Supernaut- Black Sabbath
10. Shipping Up To Boston- Dropkick Murphys

:P
Lvl 20
Sugarpie, I shut Genius off on my iTunes completely... And sure as shit, I have three songs that have been played 10 times now...

And none of them are Prince.

I do recall that when I first turned Genius on I did make a play list or two, and one of them was indeed a Prince song.

But I wasn't on that play list.

Exactly what is it that Genius is supposed to do, and why did it take over play lists I didn't want it active on?

In any case, nice call. You nailed it apparently. Well done.
Genius searches your library and finds other songs similar to one that you have selected. So in a library of only a couple hundred songs, its going to find a few, and play them over and over. I use genius quite a bit, but it works much better with a library of a few thousand songs, rather than a few hundred.
Lvl 12
I guess my I-pod Nano is too old ... I can't find any top 10. I've searched every menu on there and came up empty.
Quote:
Originally posted by hornithologist

I guess my I-pod Nano is too old ... I can't find any top 10. I've searched every menu on there and came up empty.

Might not be on your nano, but there should be a top 25 playlist created in itunes.
Lvl 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie

Might not be on your nano, but there should be a top 25 playlist created in itunes.

That explains it, I don't have Itunes. My old comp crashed about 4 years ago with all of my music on it and I never bothered to get Itunes again. I don't think I can transfer music from my Ipod to Itunes anyway if I remember correctly, and I refuse to pay for music. They owe me since I bought most of my stuff on tape, and then bought it again on CD since it sounded so much better. And since I don't feel comfortable downloading it for free anymore, screw it. Oh well, done ranting.
Quote:
Originally posted by hornithologist

That explains it, I don't have Itunes. My old comp crashed about 4 years ago with all of my music on it and I never bothered to get Itunes again. I don't think I can transfer music from my Ipod to Itunes anyway if I remember correctly, and I refuse to pay for music. They owe me since I bought most of my stuff on tape, and then bought it again on CD since it sounded so much better. And since I don't feel comfortable downloading it for free anymore, screw it. Oh well, done ranting.

There is software out there that will transfer music from an ipod to a computer, I don't know any off hand, but I've heard of them.
Lvl 6
So. Someone got me thinking about this.

My top ten:

1. Clementine - Sarah Jaffe
2. Everlasting Light - The Black eyed Keys
3. Blindsided - Bon Iver
4. Got Money - Lil Wayne
5. Passion Pit - Make Light
6. Phoenix - Run Run Run
7. Gomez - See The World
8. Chris Pureka - Burning Bridges
9. Does It Offend You, Yeah? - We Are Rockstars
10. Jonsi - Go Do

this would be a weird playlist.
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by EricLindros

1. Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri
2. Major Tom - Shiny Toy Guns
5. Stereo Love - Edward Maya
6. Uprising - Muse
10. Airplanes - BoB feat. Hayley Williams

Sup Honda.

Oh wait.

Pink - Fuckin Perfect
Selena Gomez - Naturally
Rod Stewart - I Was Only Joking
Rod Stewart - Mandolin Wind
Paramore - The Only Exception.

Along with the songs Lindros posted.
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by FamilyGuy

(and sorry Honda, but this has to be from my daughter)
11. Sk8tr Boi - Avril Lavigne

Solid song.

He was a skater boy you see, and she said "see you later boy" but then he made a bunch of money rocking on his guitar, and she contemplated how she missed out.

It's a pretty deep story.
  • Goto: