Score: 5.00 Votes: 1
rate this

What's the best, free, MMO there is??

Starter: Misternice Posted: 13 years ago Views: 1.1K
Lvl 6
Title says it all,

I'm looking for recommandations for a good (and free) MMO. Ideally with a large player base and the grinding kept to a minimum. Otherwise, I'm open to all genres.
Lvl 29
I guess it depends on what you want. Fantasy? Sci-Fi?

Both DnD online and Lord of the Rings are free. I like LotR better than DnD. Both are free downloads with no monthly service. I like LotR better, but the download for the game is MASSIVE!!

League of Legends is a game that some friends of mine designed at Riot Games. It is a strategy RPG that is a nice change from the typical MMO, but it doesn't appeal to everyone as it is team based and can easily be ruined by 1 bad player.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

MMOHut has a nice list of free MMO's
http://mmohuts.com/games/fantasy
Lvl 4
hate to break it to you, but they don't exist. You'll end up paying something. Take DnD online for example. In order to do MANY of the dungeons, you will need to purchase the packs.

In most cases, you can end up shelling out more money in a month than 3 subscriptions of pay to play games. and since LotR online, is made by the same people, I can only imagine..

but while we are on the subject, I was wondering about league of Legends. Is it strictly a versus strategy game? It seems interesting, but the one on one element intimidates me.
Lvl 29
I dig LEague of Legends. It is a nice diversion from some of the other MMO. It is a team based vs. strategy game so at times the replayability of it can be a little boring, but all in all it is fun.
Lvl 6
Quote:
Originally posted by faulty6six6

I guess it depends on what you want. Fantasy? Sci-Fi?

Both DnD online and Lord of the Rings are free. I like LotR better than DnD. Both are free downloads with no monthly service. I like LotR better, but the download for the game is MASSIVE!!

League of Legends is a game that some friends of mine designed at Riot Games. It is a strategy RPG that is a nice change from the typical MMO, but it doesn't appeal to everyone as it is team based and can easily be ruined by 1 bad player.

[ Link ]

MMOHut has a nice list of free MMO's
[ Link ]

Good to know, I'll stay clear of them. I'll give LoL a try as it seems no one on the internet dislikes that game, should be good.
Lvl 16
Yeah most free to play MMO's will suck you dry with micro-transactions, before you know it all those little things you buy add up.