Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

Watcha Reading Now?

Starter: web_jock Posted: 8 years ago Views: 1.4K
Lvl 14
Hello Folks:

How many of you here read a lot? For those of you who do, are/were you reading now (or a short while ago)? If so, what were you reading? As for me, I am finishing up (or in the home stretch of) my reading of a World War II novel called THE LAST CITADEL by David L. Robbins, which is indeed, one heckuva book. I would definitely recommend this novel for everyone who is into combat/military history - that is, if they have not read it. Its story actually takes place in eastern Europe - at the Battle of Kursk where troops from Communist Russia and troops from Nazi Germany begin to cross swords - like in the AVP franchise. From World War II on over to modern-day Ghetto Crime Fiction, I have started reading BAD GIRL BLVD by Erica Hilton. The fast, page-turning story in this novel is definitely a crossup of 'Hood Action/Romance', and it's hard to put down. While it starts out with a tragedy, the story focuses on a successful Girl Gang of sorts - which suggests a hint of Ghetto Amazonianism since these young ladies become stronger and stronger each day as they constantly wind up blackmailing some powerful individuals (My favorite and most amusing parts!), dealing with the authorities and countering rival crime syndicates. The action just doesn't stop. When I finish reading BAD GIRL BLVD, I'm most likely probably going to go back to reading about (post-)Nazism as depicted in THE APOCALYPSE WATCH by Robert Ludlum. The plot of this story sounds very interesting, and then after that, I will go back to reading a few certain novels that I have that are about 2 of my favorite sci fi robot franchises: TRANSFORMERS and TERMINATOR. (As you can see, my reading interests are very broad, aren't they?) How about the rest of you? Do you have any suggestions on any good books - other than any scriptural writings of Judaism, the Holy Bible, the Holy Quran, etc.? Please let me know, thank you!

Web_Jock
* This post has been modified : 8 years ago
Lvl 24
I, too, like to look at words on occasion.
My current reading list is:
Combat Tracking This is about how to track humans while in interesting situations. I've just received it a day or two ago, so I haven't broken into it yet, but it should be interesting reading.

I'm also reading Shift Omnibus which is the second collection in a wide-reaching series by Hugh Howey called "Silo", the first anthology being "Wool" and final being "Dust." They're about the fall of humanity, and the resulting "society" as a collection of post-apocalyptic humans unravel the mysteries that have led them to their fate.

Further, I've got A Short History of Nearly Everything which I'm a little bit into. It's... a short history of nearly everything. It's a very interesting read, and quite informative.

SAS Survival Guide The most recent publication is also good reading, however a lot of other experts take issue with advice given within. So you'd want to read opposing sources to figure out what fits with you.

Hack/Slash Vol. 1 and Suicide Squad Vol. 1 have also been opened fairly recently, although not deeply.

I've got some stuff going for school, but that's all meh. And I've got a ton of other books (94 other Kindle books, and a shelf or two of paper books, and several boxes in storage) that are in queue or that I've not paid attention to anytime recently, so they don't count.
Lvl 24
Also, you've got a pretty weird signature.
Lvl 14
Quote:
Originally posted by Bangledesh
I, too, like to look at words on occasion.
My current reading list is:
[Link] This is about how to track humans while in interesting situations. I've just received it a day or two ago, so I haven't broken into it yet, but it should be interesting reading.

I'm also reading [Link] which is the second collection in a wide-reaching series by Hugh Howey called "Silo", the first anthology being "Wool" and final being "Dust." They're about the fall of humanity, and the resulting "society" as a collection of post-apocalyptic humans unravel the mysteries that have led them to their fate.

Further, I've got [Link] which I'm a little bit into. It's... a short history of nearly everything. It's a very interesting read, and quite informative.

[Link] The most recent publication is also good reading, however a lot of other experts take issue with advice given within. So you'd want to read opposing sources to figure out what fits with you.

[Link] and [Link] have also been opened fairly recently, although not deeply.

I've got some stuff going for school, but that's all meh. And I've got a ton of other books (94 other Kindle books, and a shelf or two of paper books, and several boxes in storage) that are in queue or that I've not paid attention to anytime recently, so they don't count.

Ah, I see. You are into that End-of-the-World Survivalist Stuff. Cool, although I don't necessarily get down with zombies and/or mutants or believe in a Zombie Apocalypse though.
Lvl 27
TLDR.